▶ ▶ ▶ Classified Forum Rules : : Read before posting ◀ ◀ ◀ - Page 5 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #61 of 141 Old 10-24-2007, 03:07 PM
6th Gear

ericrwalker's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005
location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,706
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to ericrwalker
What the hell does this have to do with "Posting rules for classifieds"?


2007 Honda CBR600RR Red/Black Jardine RT-1 CF

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL With Navi Red

2006 Honda Accord Coupe AT BLACK w/ Navi
Fog lights, trunk tray, splash guards, wheel locks and Auto day/night/ mirror. SOLD!!!
ericrwalker is offline
Advertisement

post #62 of 141 Old 10-24-2007, 03:13 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

stiller fan's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2004
location: in my car these days...
Posts: 15,886
Thanks: 139
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
i was thinking the same thing before i posted my msg above.....


current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
stiller fan is offline
post #63 of 141 Old 10-24-2007, 04:27 PM
6th Gear

ericrwalker's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005
location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,706
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to ericrwalker
Just wanted to make sure I was reading the title right....Glad I am not alone.

2007 Honda CBR600RR Red/Black Jardine RT-1 CF

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL With Navi Red

2006 Honda Accord Coupe AT BLACK w/ Navi
Fog lights, trunk tray, splash guards, wheel locks and Auto day/night/ mirror. SOLD!!!
ericrwalker is offline

post #64 of 141 Old 10-27-2007, 02:34 PM
1st Gear

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
attn: Moderator

I's it cool if I post motor for sale in classifieds
hondata03 is offline
post #65 of 141 Old 03-14-2008, 05:52 AM
1st Gear

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post
You must have at least 10 post outside the classifieds section before posting in the classfieds section. If you do not, your post will be deleted.

I regret to have to impose such a rule, but this section is not for people who only post to sell and do not participate in the forum.


edit ************************************

This rule is being reviewed!!!!!!!

***************************************

Please PM a mod if you are new and want to post an ad without it being removed 3/10/2006 !!!!!!

***************************************
This rule is ***! A lot of people are missing out on parts because noobs cant post classifieds. I sold my accord, so what am I going to post about here. I'm just gonna get bashed for buying a nissan.

Oh well, I have a lot of parts so I'll try to post anyway. Hopefully you wont delete it.

BTW. The reason I didn't post in any forums when I had an accord is because of flamers.---- "SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH.....GOOGLE"

Thanks
Aaron

Last edited by award78; 03-14-2008 at 05:55 AM. Reason: error
award78 is offline
post #66 of 141 Old 03-14-2008, 06:00 AM
Administrator

andysinnh's Avatar

Join Date: May 2005
location: Merrimack, NH
Posts: 2,391
Thanks: 4
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by award78 View Post
This rule is ***! A lot of people are missing out on parts because noobs cant post classifieds. I sold my accord, so what am I going to post about here. I'm just gonna get bashed for buying a nissan.

Oh well, I have a lot of parts so I'll try to post anyway. Hopefully you wont delete it.

BTW. The reason I didn't post in any forums when I had an accord is because of flamers.---- "SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH.....GOOGLE"

Thanks
Aaron
Aaron - this rule is here for a specific reason - to prevent the forum from turning into another Craigslist, including classifieds for thigns other than Accord/Honda items. This forum is an attempt at being a Honda community where folks share their views, experiences, questions, answers, etc. The 10-post rule for classifieds is the method chosen to insure that folks do more than a dump-and-run for classifieds, espeically since it'll be hard to sell a part over the internet if the buyer doesn't know if you're for real or not - and the 10 posts is one method to at least see if the person is serious enough to perhaps trust (sort of like the eBay feedback system).

What troubles me is that you state you don't post in forums because of flamers. As moderators, our goal at radio-pro.ru is to prevent that flaming and make this a friendly place to be. And perhaps that's the most important underlying reason for the classified rule. If you want to put your classifieds here on DA, you're more than welcome, but spend some time sharing your experiences here for a while and then feel free to post your classifieds!

andy
andysinnh is offline
post #67 of 141 Old 03-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Out of Control

BenjiBoy650's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 11,205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by award78 View Post
This rule is ***! A lot of people are missing out on parts because noobs cant post classifieds. I sold my accord, so what am I going to post about here. I'm just gonna get bashed for buying a nissan.

Oh well, I have a lot of parts so I'll try to post anyway. Hopefully you wont delete it.

BTW. The reason I didn't post in any forums when I had an accord is because of flamers.---- "SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH.....GOOGLE"

Thanks
Aaron
Sorry the rule isn't for new members to debate.. If the majority of the regulars wanted to change this rule, we would listen to them. But for someone who has no idea what this forum has gone through, and then for them to tell the mods who have been on this forum for many years what they need to do? Next time, just ask nicely. It's infinitely more likely for us to let you post if you just said "I sold my Accord, can I post some parts for sale?" Instead, the first line I read is "This rule is ***!" Wow, great first impression!

You sold your Accord, not your brain! You still have knowledge of an Accord, you still know how to give advice, you still remember what kind of problems you had with it. I sold my Accord too, I still contributed for a while. Hey, I wrote the FAQ for a car I've never owned in my life. Same goes for stevencrosbie. So you can still post if you'd like, but it seems like you don't want to.

So you don't post on forums because of flamers...suddenly when there's cash on the line for you, it's definitely okay to post, worth the risks of getting flamed, not to mention breaking forum rules at the same time. When it's time to contribute or help others with their problems, it's not worth it. Did I read that correctly?
BenjiBoy650 is offline
post #68 of 141 Old 03-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Swirl Free

Join Date: Mar 2007
location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 2,679
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiBoy650 View Post
Sorry the rule isn't for new members to debate.. If the majority of the regulars wanted to change this rule, we would listen to them.
Every playground has it's rules.. this is one of ours..

I for one like the rule and think the risk (spammers and scammers) FAR outweighs the reward (missing out on a supposed good deal).
MotorCity Honda is offline
post #69 of 141 Old 03-17-2008, 06:16 AM
1st Gear

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andysinnh View Post
Aaron - this rule is here for a specific reason - to prevent the forum from turning into another Craigslist, including classifieds for thigns other than Accord/Honda items. This forum is an attempt at being a Honda community where folks share their views, experiences, questions, answers, etc. The 10-post rule for classifieds is the method chosen to insure that folks do more than a dump-and-run for classifieds, espeically since it'll be hard to sell a part over the internet if the buyer doesn't know if you're for real or not - and the 10 posts is one method to at least see if the person is serious enough to perhaps trust (sort of like the eBay feedback system).

What troubles me is that you state you don't post in forums because of flamers. As moderators, our goal at radio-pro.ru is to prevent that flaming and make this a friendly place to be. And perhaps that's the most important underlying reason for the classified rule. If you want to put your classifieds here on DA, you're more than welcome, but spend some time sharing your experiences here for a while and then feel free to post your classifieds!

andy
I guess I understand your concerns. I've never actually been on this forum before and my "flamer" comment was based on previous experience with other forums, so I appologize for the prejudgment. As for the "real or not " issue, I have pics of almost everything I'm selling. But regardless, I'll respect your rule, it shouldn't be hard to get 10 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiBoy650 View Post
Sorry the rule isn't for new members to debate.. If the majority of the regulars wanted to change this rule, we would listen to them. But for someone who has no idea what this forum has gone through, and then for them to tell the mods who have been on this forum for many years what they need to do? Next time, just ask nicely. It's infinitely more likely for us to let you post if you just said "I sold my Accord, can I post some parts for sale?" Instead, the first line I read is "This rule is ***!" Wow, great first impression!

You sold your Accord, not your brain! You still have knowledge of an Accord, you still know how to give advice, you still remember what kind of problems you had with it. I sold my Accord too, I still contributed for a while. Hey, I wrote the FAQ for a car I've never owned in my life. Same goes for stevencrosbie. So you can still post if you'd like, but it seems like you don't want to.
Ok. I guess I have a strange sence of humor or way of talking. I didn't think anyone would take that much offence when I said "This rule is ***". But I appologize, I had just tried to post on accordinglydone who required 30 posts before the classifieds could even be seen, so I was anoyed.

I really don't think I have that much good advice to give. I sold my car mainly because of the problems I couldn't figure out, so I'm not the best mechanic but I try. Hell, everything I learned is from searching forums so why beat a dead horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiBoy650 View Post
So you don't post on forums because of flamers...suddenly when there's cash on the line for you, it's definitely okay to post, worth the risks of getting flamed, not to mention breaking forum rules at the same time. When it's time to contribute or help others with their problems, it's not worth it. Did I read that correctly?
If so you have a strange way of reading. Don't put words in my mouth. I remember needing cheaper used parts when I had an accord and still do with my present vehicle. I have a bunch of stuff that I need to get rid of and I figured someone else might need it. I don't think I'll get rich off of selling this stuff, I even considered throwing it out. So I guess I'm willing to take the small risk of getting flamed by posting a bunch of parts that may be useful to someone. Plus I guess I've gotten braver, not as much as a B***H anymore. Who cares, Flame on.

But your right, I don't want "This rule is ***" to be my first and last impression. So I will try to find time to obide by your rules and get 10 posts, I'm already 7 posts away.
award78 is offline
post #70 of 141 Old 05-12-2008, 07:58 PM
2nd Gear

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 82
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
this is a really stupid rule. I come to these forums for knowledge and to offer up parts to sell to other fellow Honda enthusiasts, and you people just try to increase the post count by making me post random stuff in order to increase my post count? MOst other forums don't make such stupid rules.

What's the deal here???
Michael_Mansion is offline
post #71 of 141 Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Rule Enforcer

stevencrosbie's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2005
location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 8,218
Thanks: 2
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
We do this so some of us can get a gauge on who a member is before we enter agreements to purchase products.

As well, if you are a real enthusiast, you will find the time to make a few posts as I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge to help other new members. We have lots of new people everyday who could use the help.

I realize you don't agree with the rule, but it is one that we as a forum use to help this place be closer to family versus the other forums we see online.
stevencrosbie is offline
post #72 of 141 Old 05-12-2008, 08:02 PM
5th Gear

brickman's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 825
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yea..that's it...it's just to increase the post count.
brickman is offline
post #73 of 141 Old 05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Out of Control

BenjiBoy650's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 11,205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Mansion View Post
MOst other forums don't make such stupid rules.
Then please go sell your wares on other stupid forums, because this rule is not as uncommon as you say.






I'd like to propose that we up the requirements to 50 posts (as is the case with Mazda6Club) or 6 months (as in the case with OdyClub). Or we can make it 15 ACCEPTABLE posts and 30 days, as AcuraZine
BenjiBoy650 is offline
post #74 of 141 Old 05-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Lock it up

jeffreyhuhn's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
location: Pickerington Ohio
Posts: 459
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiBoy650 View Post
Then please go sell your wares on other stupid forums, because this rule is not as uncommon as you say.






I'd like to propose that we up the requirements to 50 posts (as is the case with Mazda6Club) or 6 months (as in the case with OdyClub). Or we can make it 15 ACCEPTABLE posts and 30 days, as AcuraZine
Complete agreement. There should be a 30 day grace period before you can post in the classified section.

08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6
Polished Metal
Black Leather

93 Accord SE Coupe 212K
_____________________________

Previously owned
1980 Accord 3 door 5 speed
1999 Buick Regal GSE Supercharged
2000 Audi A4 Quattro 5 Speed
2000 Cadillac STS N*
jeffreyhuhn is offline
post #75 of 141 Old 05-13-2008, 05:00 AM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

RTexasF's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2004
location: North TX east of Dallas
Posts: 13,594
Thanks: 124
Thanked 213 Times in 147 Posts
Another forum I'm on charges $3.00 per month for classified postings. Also required are pictures of the actual item(s) for sale and an e-mail address. It hasn't slowed them down at all. I'm with Benji.....if people think our simple rules are stupid then go peddle your stuff somewhere else!

RTexasF is offline
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to


Related pages


honda accord replacement key costservice engine soon light infiniti g352001 jeep grand cherokee stalls while drivingtpms batteryslim ballasthonda accord tlhondapartsunlimited.comatf oil priceexlednissan altima brake rotors15 cvx kickerhonda accord 2013 owners manual2003 honda accord length5x115 bolt pattern rimsrota g-force 18x8.5how to program garage door opener without learn buttonthayer hondahonda accord reset oil lifeautomate car alarmhow to fix disc read errorhow to paint rims gunmetalsportsubignition lock cylinder repair costcar battery 24fxentec hid websitehonda accord on craigslistpennzoil ultra eurotony stark acura nsxaccord halo headlightseibach shocks and strutskand n air filter94 honda accord exhaust2006 honda civic manual transmission fluid changedo not duplicate key home depotkenwood excelon 12 subhonda accord cold air intakecylinder 3 misfire detectedfix sagging headlinerfix a cracked bumperhow to replace seat belt bucklereplace high pressure power steering hosek24a8honda civic quarter panelcivic 7th geninfiniti g35 muffler2007 honda crv floor matshonda crv brake pads and rotors2013 civic si carbon fiberhonda crv losing powerhonda insight reset oil lifev6 emblemserpentine belt 2005 honda accordmobil 1 0w-20 walmartm1 101 oil filtertoyota dealer puente hillswhere can i get a honda key cutshocker meansescort smartcord live98 honda accord windshieldpandora vs xminstall naviegr valve acura tlalpine r type subwooferl7 kickers 15370z varrstoenhonda odyssey jdmgloss black plasti dip whole carbattery for 2003 honda accordswr 12d4 specs2003 honda accord parts and accessories