▶ ▶ ▶ Classified Forum Rules : : Read before posting ◀ ◀ ◀ - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 141 Old 04-18-2006, 09:11 AM
1st Gear

Hi all,

I'm not sure that I understand your definition of "participation". I've been a member of many different forums (Isuzu, Hyundai, Ford and Honda) because I've owned a number of different makes and am interested in cars. I love forums such as this one because the people here are generally knowledgeable and friendly.

However, I work full time, and am neither a mechanic nor very mechanically inclinded. I can do some simple things such as changing oil and following directions. I tend to mostly read posts and occasionally comment because most of my browsing time is while I have a free moment at work. By the time I get home at 70pm at night I have two kids and a wife that require a lot of attention and that usually doesn't leave a lot of free time.

When I have an opinion on something, or some piece of useful knowledge to share, I most certainly will post. But this has to be the first forum that I've joined that punishes someone for not being active enough. So if I only post a few times a year, but when I do I share something that maybe no one else has seen, am I still not good enough to be a member of this forum?

And posting in the classifieds is most certainly not spam. I'm an IT guy and I know plenty about spam to say that listing an item for sale on this forum is no different that putting out an ad in my local newspaper. I'm not sending unsolicited email to your mailbox, and if you aren't interested in what I'm selling you don't need to read the post.

I just so happened to purchase a very nice used '98 Accord, which is also the first Accord I've owned since my old '84. The car was well kept but came with a flashy set of chrome rims that I'm not a fan of, so I posted a for sale or trade add here last night, only to see that it's been deleted because I didn't meet the silly minumum post rule.

Anyways, sorry to get off on this long rant. But I do think the minumum post rule is silly and unnecessary.

Advertisement

post #17 of 141 Old 04-18-2006, 09:27 AM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
to be honest, the only reason we really have the rule in place is because at times, we will have a swarm of people who post an ad and never hear from them again.....

my suggestion to you would be to talk to one of the moderators, or the webmaster himself (wardsweb), and maybe try to state your case here..... who knows, they may waive the rule for you.....

welcome aboard, regardless.... hope to hear from you more.....

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
post #18 of 141 Old 04-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Out of Control

OK, since you've asked and made a point, I will reopen the thread but the rule stands and will probably be modified to be even stricter...since we have so many people who think they can just come here to sell stuff.

Remember this is different from a newspaper because somebody pays to run this place, in a newspaper you have to pay money to put an ad.

The pic in the ad disappeared for whatever reason...you can reupload it, I don't know what happened to it

post #19 of 141 Old 04-18-2006, 11:46 AM
1st Gear

Hey, thanks for the understanding

I'll do my best to contribute to the forum, and look forward to being a member here for quite a while (I'm hoping my Accord lasts quite a while too!).
post #20 of 141 Old 06-12-2006, 04:52 PM
My First Post

Thumbs down open forum or restricted club?

dont you think that you are doing a dis-service to your members by not allowing them the chance to purchase items from private sellers that they can get at other sites?I understand the logic behind your actions but you can purchase items everywhere on the net. Maybe if you were a little more understanding of this the site would have more than 2500 members.
post #21 of 141 Old 06-12-2006, 04:59 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
this site does NOT tolerate, under any circumstances, people joining just to sell stuff.... if you are wanting to do that, you are free to go elsewhere.....

this is a Honda Accord site, full of information about problems and solutions to not only the Accord, but other hondas as well.....

this time last year, i don't even think that we even had 2000 members..... the rate of people joining and CONTRIBUTING has literally exploded since last winter......

this is not craigslist.....

i am not trying to be mean or nasty here, sorry if it came off as such.....

- josh

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
post #22 of 141 Old 06-12-2006, 05:25 PM
39.1 going on 40mpg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkapra4
open forum or restricted club?

dont you think that you are doing a dis-service to your members by not allowing them the chance to purchase items from private sellers that they can get at other sites?I understand the logic behind your actions but you can purchase items everywhere on the net. Maybe if you were a little more understanding of this the site would have more than 2500 members.
Nope.. No restrictions to who can join these forums. You are welcome to stay and read up/ post your opinions as long as you accept the opinions of the other members. With that said, each town has their own laws and in our "town", you have to be an actively participating member to sell your stuff here. We'll be doing our members a bigger disservice by allowing everyone to sell on this forum.
post #23 of 141 Old 06-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
I occasionally "skip over" some ads that are useful ie. wheels and tires (some need winter wheels) and accessories. I leave some up when I know it might be useful to another member (ie. we had a person with one post put up an ad about parting out a 91 Accord, I left it up for stiller but he reported it anyway ). But there are people who are joining to sell 20" rims that nobody wants, wrecked Dodge's, a hybrid Civic with a B-series...that stuff is ridiculous and is not tolerated.

In addition, dealing with members with only 3 posts that are selling things is risky. You have no idea who this person is, what they really are up to. For all we know they could have just joined to scam some poor soul.

The BS postings have come down recently but if they go back up, expect the rules to get even stricter ie. 30 posts AND one month membership or mod's approval.

You're right, parts can be purchased everywhere on the net. Our members are not stupid, they look for what they need in various places. Maybe this isn't their first place to look but then again this isn't a junkyard/dealer/Autotrader.
post #24 of 141 Old 06-12-2006, 07:33 PM
O do u know the buffinman

Quote:

High quality 1st post .

With an attitude like that I'm sure that most members here would be lining up to purchase something from you

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though and it is an open forum

Thanks for posting your opinion.

I would rather have a forum with 100 knowledgeable members with good attitudes over one with 20,000 members with one like yours.

I1
post #25 of 141 Old 08-30-2006, 01:52 PM
98 LX

dude..give me a break and leave my ad up... please..
post #26 of 141 Old 08-30-2006, 02:05 PM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

if you are not willing to contribute to this forum, then you have no reason to post in the classified section.....

prior vehicles:
post #27 of 141 Old 08-31-2006, 07:08 AM
98 LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiller fan
if you are not willing to contribute to this forum, then you have no reason to post in the classified section.....
Are you serious.. It's all 7th gen talk! Look me up at hondasociety.com -- you'll see that i'm interested. but how could I contribute to 7th gens! my ads gone anyway. not worth trying...again
post #28 of 141 Old 08-31-2006, 10:27 AM
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

ur choice.....

just cause that the forum is skewed towards 7th gens doesn't mean that we don't have other accords (and TL's) on here.... princess, one of the mods on here, is able to access TSB's and other bulletins on here.....

mine is a 4th, there is a second gen too, and a good amount of 5th and 6th gen....

sorry that we couldn't help or please ya....

prior vehicles:
post #29 of 141 Old 10-21-2006, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

Well I see my classified was just deleted. I do have to say that this rule is pretty lame. I have had many cars over just the past few years and I've never belonged to a board with this rule. This is not a way to make a new member feel welcome.

2007 EX V6 Coupe Navi, sport kit, 18" Enkei RSVs, Toyo Proxes4 tires, 30% tint, Eibach Pro-kit springs.
post #30 of 141 Old 10-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Out of Control

This is also a great way to make all the spammers not feel welcome. Double edged sword

Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.