New Owner Question. Purpose of line at driver's side mirror? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-15-2013, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
:)

New Owner Question. Purpose of line at driver's side mirror?

Hi guys! My 2013 coupe v6 is only 4 days old. I'm still familiarizing myself with the car's features.

One of my question is, what's the purpose of the line at the driver's side view mirror?

Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-15-2013, 10:20 PM
5th Gear

It is to give a different mirror angle (the left bit of the mirror is at a different angle vs the main part). In theory, it's supposed to get rid of the driver side blindspot. In practice, it's up to the driver to utilize it. It takes a bit of getting used to; this mirror design has been spreading to most new Honda and Acura products.

post #3 of 11 Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 PM
ШОС Лукашенко!

As said before, it just sets a boundary between different 'mirrors'. I got used to it on my first test drive, and I use it a lot. I still check over my shoulder always.

post #4 of 11 Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 PM

post #5 of 11 Old 05-16-2013, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
:)

Thanks guys! Looks like I need to get used to it first

2013 Accord Coupe EX-L V6
White Orchid Pearl
20% Tint
LED interior and exterior lights
6000k Zenex HID Kit
BC BR coilovers
SPC 3 arm camber kits
MRR GF07 19X9.5 et40 on 235/35
post #6 of 11 Old 05-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Out of Control

It seems odd at first and many don't seem to care for it. After living with it for a bit I grew to like it.

And I never check over my shoulder other than as necessary on a ramp merge. That's what proper and properly set mirrors are for and these are pretty much the best I've come across yet.

2013 MSM V6 Sport Sedan
post #7 of 11 Old 05-16-2013, 05:04 PM
6th Gear

I think Honda might do away with the split mirror, I (along with others) received a survey/questioner asking if I would be willing to purchase a solid mirror + how much I would be willing to pay for it.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Chocolate Lady

I do not like that split mirror. It was actually a distraction for me. I had wished it wasn't there. Then eventually my brain and eyes got used to not seeing it at all. Thank goodness!

2013 Honda Accord EX-L i4 Sedan
Obsidian Blue Pearl
11-14-2012
"I love it, I effing love it."
post #9 of 11 Old 05-16-2013, 08:16 PM
2nd Gear

I don't like the split mirror. I sometimes see a vehicle in the outer "split" and for a split second I think it's in the lane next to me....prompting concern....

I might get used to it I suppose.....

BTW.....I don't understand the propensity of various posters here to immediately castigate someone for posting instead of reading the manual. Of course it's good to read the manual.....but it is more often than not useful to post the question here anyway....because others get to read the question and post their comments.

If we all "read the f'ing manual".....then what's the point of the forum; anyway?
post #10 of 11 Old 05-16-2013, 08:19 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seakaye12 View Post
BTW.....I don't understand the propensity of various posters here to immediately castigate someone for posting instead of reading the manual. Of course it's good to read the manual.....but it is more often than not useful to post the question here anyway....because others get to read the question and post their comments.

If we all "read the f'ing manual".....then what's the point of the forum; anyway?
BRAVO sir!

2015 Tiger Eye Pearl EX-L Coupe
post #11 of 11 Old 05-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Retired from Car Biz....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seakaye12 View Post
I don't like the split mirror. I sometimes see a vehicle in the outer "split" and for a split second I think it's in the lane next to me....prompting concern....

I might get used to it I suppose.....

oh please...the reason is the board gets diluted with crap that is basic and in the manual....we are here to talk about problems, mods, situations about the operation and a thousand other things THAT ARE NOT IN THE MANUAL.

Enuf of this "if we all read the manual there would be nothing to post":

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My DD:'16 Camaro
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.