Locked Trunk latch with key from inside... now key won't unlock latch. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Locked Trunk latch with key from inside... now key won't unlock latch.

I locked the trunk latch (driver's floor trunk/gas latch) a few weeks ago buy inserting the key and turning it to the lock position. I can access the trunk by remote or button on trunk lid.. but locked the latch from inside. Now i want to unlock it and when I put in the key, it goes in but won't turn. I've wiggled the latch as well and no avail. Please help.

Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-04-2013, 12:12 PM
6th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post
I locked the trunk latch (driver's floor trunk/gas latch) a few weeks ago buy inserting the key and turning it to the lock position. I can access the trunk by remote or button on trunk lid.. but locked the latch from inside. Now i want to unlock it and when I put in the key, it goes in but won't turn. I've wiggled the latch as well and no avail. Please help.
Not sure I understand why you are using the key. Why won't it open with the remote?? The inside lock is supposed to just keep someone from using the interior release to get into the trunk of the fuel door. Can't see how it would affect popping the trunk withe the key fob.

post #3 of 9 Old 04-04-2013, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I can open it with the keyfob just fine. I just wanted to utilize the lever again as I took my car to get tinted a while back and locked the trunk latch on purpose. Now i want to unlock it but the key won't turn to unlock it. I may just have to take it apart to see if anything is in the way.

post #4 of 9 Old 04-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Out of Control

Maybe it got out of place. Pull it apart and resemble

Sent from

2013 Accord Coupe EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

25.4MM TLX RSB
5K 35W TRS HID
Roof Spoiler
5% Tint, 50% Windshield
Takeda SRI
H&R Springs
Single to Dual Magnaflows, Axle-Back:
(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
V6 Headlight (LED DRL Strip):
(
)

Gentex Auto-Dimming w/ Homelink (DIY):
(
)
Cabin Air Filter (DIY):
(
)
Viper Remote Start for Push-To-Start (DIY)
(
)
post #5 of 9 Old 04-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Four Doors/Three Pedals

I have this same problem.

I talked to a tech about it and he said that it was a cinch to fix and that it might be a pebble or something got in there, but I don't think that's the case.

Anyway, when I get some time to take the car in, I'll have that fixed and the software issues assessed.

I'll probably do that when I have the oil changed.

2013 Honda Accord EX 2.4L 6MT MSM
OEM Splash Guards
OEM Door Visors
OEM Moonroof Visor
FormFit Hood Air Deflector
Horn Upgrade
Pilot Genuine Black Leather Steering Wheel Cover
K&N 33-2498
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus
--
├┼┼╕
246R
post #6 of 9 Old 04-04-2013, 01:27 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOKhanhOo View Post
Maybe it got out of place. Pull it apart and resemble

Sent from
This!! Pull it apart and reassemble it. Same thing happened to me when I installed the door sills

2013 Modern Steel Metallic EX-L V6 Sedan
post #7 of 9 Old 04-04-2013, 03:55 PM
2nd Gear

First try turning the key 180 degrees. It will work either way. If that doesn't work try a little WD40 in the lock. The first few times I tried the lock is was very stiff.

If you really want you can pop open the little panel, remove the screw and pull the whole trim and check the lock. Just take note when you resemble the trim to first pull the lever (truck) and then push it (fuel door) so you can set it properly.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-09-2014, 12:01 PM
My First Post

I have the same exact problem, locked it now I cant use the key to open from inside
post #9 of 9 Old 10-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

It happened to me over the winter. I had to spray some stuff in there to loosen it up.

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.