Trunk space for road bike - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 03-15-2013, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Trunk space for road bike

I have not purchased and don't plan until early summer.
I have a road bike however and wish to use the trunk to keep it locked up.
Can I easily fit a road bike (front tire off ) in the trunk with the seats folded down? I keep hearing that the opening is pretty narrow and I thought it may not be wide enough to accommodate a bike.
Thanks in advance.
i have no interest in a roof rack since my setup will eventually be me bringing my bike into work where there is only garage parking and I plan on having the bike locked up when I am not there.

Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 03-15-2013, 11:07 PM
5th Gear

I wonder this too.

Anyone have a measuring tape?

what's the height and width of the opening in the sedan?

post #3 of 31 Old 03-15-2013, 11:40 PM
2013 Honda Accord EX

I had my sisters snowboard in my trunk without the back seat down. I think her board is 147cm. Hope this helps lol

2013 Honda Accord EX
Crystal black pearl
Proud owner since Dec. 28, 2012
OTD $25,500

post #4 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 12:17 AM
matt

id say just take your bike to the dealer and see if it fits. id put money on it that youd have room!

2013 Accord Sport

waiting for parts to come out! her name is shelly and she has tint and hids and soon to have LED driving lights-- gotta give glen acknowledgement for that.
post #5 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 05:36 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSL916 View Post
I had my sisters snowboard in my trunk without the back seat down. I think her board is 147cm. Hope this helps lol
^That doesn't help.

But I have a feeling it should fit. As long as you don't have wide handlebars then you are good.

2013 Honda Accord Touring (Canadian)
post #6 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 06:23 AM
banned

More information

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjankis630 View Post
Can I easily fit a road bike (front tire off ) in the trunk with the seats folded down? I keep hearing that the opening is pretty narrow and I thought it may not be wide enough to accommodate a bike.
Thanks in advance.
i have no interest in a roof rack since my setup will eventually be me bringing my bike into work where there is only garage parking and I plan on having the bike locked up when I am not there.
Are you planning to buy a sedan or coupe? What size is your bike? I have a sedan and ride 53-54cm road bike. I will take pictures if you are looking for a sedan and your bike is about the same size. In general, a coupe is easier for holding a bike.
post #7 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I plan on buying a sedan. My bike is 58cm and the seat stem is up some. I originally thought that it should fit easily, but I keep hearing about how small the opening is these days. That is not a lot of info, but I appreciate the advice.
post #8 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Car Nut

My wife took the car up to the grocery store just now, but when she gets back, I can throw my 56cm road bike back there and see if it fits. It could be 1-2 hours though, so maybe someone else will be me to it.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Navigation Sedan
MSM/Ebony
Splashguards/Trunkliner
Door Sill Trim
Footwell Lighting
post #9 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I appreciate it but there is no hurry as it will be months before I buy the car. Thanks again.
post #10 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Car Nut

Ok, went out and tried. Sometimes I run at lunch, but now maybe I'll take my bike. Anyway, I have a 56cm Diamondback Podium2 and it will fit if I take off the front wheel, AND seatpost. My wife has a 48cm Rocky Mountain, and she can fit hers with only taking off the front wheel. They will NOT fit together, it's only one or the other. I know your a little bit out, but perhaps it can help someone else looking as well.

MSM/Ebony
Splashguards/Trunkliner
Door Sill Trim
Footwell Lighting
post #11 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 12:39 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticbluebmw View Post
Ok, went out and tried. Sometimes I run at lunch, but now maybe I'll take my bike. Anyway, I have a 56cm Diamondback Podium2 and it will fit if I take off the front wheel, AND seatpost. My wife has a 48cm Rocky Mountain, and she can fit hers with only taking off the front wheel. They will NOT fit together, it's only one or the other. I know your a little bit out, but perhaps it can help someone else looking as well.
Does that include folding down the rear seat (of the car) too?

2013 Accord Touring V6, Alabaster Silver Metallic.
Previous: 1988 Accord LX sedan 5MT, 1998 Civic DX hatchback 5MT, 2005 RSX-S 6MT.
post #12 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 12:47 PM
KH
6th Gear

Probably won't be able to put that in a trunk with the seatpost intact...

~Kevin
'03 NHBP Coupe 6-6, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Borla stainless exhaust, Ingalls Torque Damper, TL-S Swaybars, Neuspeed short shifter, Eibach Pro springs, Wicked Tuning camber arms, '12 Coupe 18s with 235/45/18 tires, OEM Replica Spoiler, LED tails, exLED Interior Lights projector HLs, GTA Car Kit (iPhone and aux)
post #13 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazer View Post
Does that include folding down the rear seat (of the car) too?
Yes, the seat needed to be folded down, as part of the rear wheel sticks through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmh1596 View Post
Probably won't be able to put that in a trunk with the seatpost intact...
depends on the size of the bike. My 56cm needs to have the seat post removed, but wife's 48cm does not.

MSM/Ebony
Splashguards/Trunkliner
Door Sill Trim
Footwell Lighting
post #14 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 02:28 PM
KH
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticbluebmw View Post
Yes, the seat needed to be folded down, as part of the rear wheel sticks through.

depends on the size of the bike. My 56cm needs to have the seat post removed, but wife's 48cm does not.
OP is on a 58cm...with the seat raised some.

~Kevin
'03 NHBP Coupe 6-6, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Borla stainless exhaust, Ingalls Torque Damper, TL-S Swaybars, Neuspeed short shifter, Eibach Pro springs, Wicked Tuning camber arms, '12 Coupe 18s with 235/45/18 tires, OEM Replica Spoiler, LED tails, exLED Interior Lights projector HLs, GTA Car Kit (iPhone and aux)
post #15 of 31 Old 03-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Crosseyed and Gearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjankis630 View Post
My bike fits in the trunk, don't even need to drop the back seat, but I do have to take both wheels off and lower the seat, but I've been doing that on my other car for 12 years so removing the back wheel is no biggie for me. BTW, bike is 63cm.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.