2013 Accord Remote Start Price's - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 02-24-2013, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
2013 Accord Coupe EXL V6

2013 Accord Remote Start Price's

What are we paying for remote starts, invoice? there cost? installation labor ? thanks Dan

Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 02-24-2013, 07:00 PM
4th Gear

Re: 2013 Accord Remote Start Price's

Aftermarket remote start is way to go so u don't have to deal with car shutting off when u open door with oem remote start.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2013 Honda Accord Sport
Alabaster Silver
post #3 of 42 Old 02-24-2013, 07:28 PM
banned

2013 Accord Remote Start Price's

Which one? Thx.

post #4 of 42 Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 PM
2nd Gear

I had it installed for $432 on my 2013 Accord Touring. $282 for the OEM Honda remote start kit and $150 for the dealer to install it.
post #5 of 42 Old 02-24-2013, 08:06 PM
2nd Gear

I asked about it but had to pass- My dealer wanted over $800 for the remote start with installation!

2013 Honda Accord Touring
Crystal Black Pearl
Deck lid spoiler
LED Map/Dome/Trunk/Door/License Plate
Horn Upgrade
All Weather Mats
Trunk Mat
Splash guards
post #6 of 42 Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 PM
2nd Gear

Dealers will want to bend you over on the install - it's where they make their profit. If my dealer here in CA can do it for $432, then that should be doable in most markets. Even when they handed me their accessory sheet, I said "bring it back to me when the prices reflect reality". They did and I selected the remote start, rear spoiler, splash guards and bumper appliqué.
post #7 of 42 Old 02-24-2013, 09:11 PM
6th Gear

it's not an easy install. dealer doesn't make money on this install. tech ends up bloody and mad.
post #8 of 42 Old 02-25-2013, 04:20 AM
1st Gear

Dealer asked for $570 + Tax in NY area. I am still waiting for after market one. Not out yet but hopping soon.
post #9 of 42 Old 02-25-2013, 04:21 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paticumbia View Post
Aftermarket remote start is way to go so u don't have to deal with car shutting off when u open door with oem remote start.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
My OEM dealer-installed remote start doesn't do that. After remote start is initiated, my fob controls will not work (to prevent theft) so I have to unlock the doors with my key. Once I get in, I put the key in and turn it to the on position and I'm ready to roll. If the key is NOT in and I depress the brake pedal, the immobilizer kicks in and the car shuts off.

Also, I don't have any additional key fobs strictly for the remote start, the dealer programmed the two key fobs I got with the car to work with the remote start.
post #10 of 42 Old 02-25-2013, 04:25 AM
1st Gear

car shutting off when u open door with remote starter is only for Push to start option.
post #11 of 42 Old 02-25-2013, 07:36 AM
2nd Gear

Mine was 520 after tax. Main reason I went with oem I don't need anyone splicing up the harness for anything aftermarket on my car. Plus if something goes wrong the car goes straight back to Honda.
post #12 of 42 Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 AM
1st Gear

I paid $500 installed which was factored into the purchase price. I only found out about the safety shut off with my 'push to start' after it was installed - which left me very disappointed. This will only be used when absolutely necessary.
post #13 of 42 Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
2013 Accord Coupe EXL V6

So explain how the auto start works you start the car from the special auto start remote. Then when you open the door the car shuts off? not sure that is correct you should be able to get in if you don't have the auto start fob in your pocket and hit the brake the car will shut off? please explain the auto start operation for me. thanks Dan
post #14 of 42 Old 02-25-2013, 09:15 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danscrew View Post
So explain how the auto start works you start the car from the special auto start remote. Then when you open the door the car shuts off? not sure that is correct you should be able to get in if you don't have the auto start fob in your pocket and hit the brake the car will shut off? please explain the auto start operation for me. thanks Dan
To start the car with the remote, the car must be locked - which makes sense. But then when you unlock the doors, the car will shut off, you can't even enter the vehicle while it has been started with the remote. I only have experience with the FOB with the Push Start ignition, I am not sure if it is different with an actual ignition key. In order to use the remote start feature you end up starting the car twice.

I am not sure how to explain it, as I think it's a completely flawed system. If the dealer had explained the system to me before I purchased it, I would have never signed up for it.
post #15 of 42 Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaTechAV6 View Post
it's not an easy install. dealer doesn't make money on this install. tech ends up bloody and mad.
Then the tech doesn't know what he's doing. $800 is highway robbery.

If it's that hard to install, then Honda needs to redesign it. If anything, to stop bloddying their techs

2015 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD Elite
2013 'Hemie' Accord Touring V6 - Canadian - Retired
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.