Best exterior color for Sport - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #31 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 07:16 AM
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T

I guess I would have to vote for msm. It matches the wheels on the sport and looks terrific (even when a bit dirty

When I bought mine, it was a toss-up between msm and that new color (hematite metallic). Never could quite figure out what that was, so went with msm.

Advertisement

post #32 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Dual exhaust I4 EX sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower02 View Post
Basque Red Pearl II here!! Everyone who comments about the car, loves the color. Glen is right, just make sure when you wash and dry, use microfiber or borderless cotton towels. It is the nylon border stitching on regular towels that scratches when you dry or polish. NO AUTO CAR WASHES---I am in the Northeast, (NY) have not been able to get my seal on, but I am a Zaino guy, so I have been washing with zaino wash, and using z-6 detail spray. The soap and spray put some polymer on the car...so as soon as I get nice warmer day, going to strip, clay, z-2, z-6 then seal....
BTW, no scratches or swirls on the car, I do not use any circular motions when drying or applying...just straight up and down.

2013 Accord Sedan EXLV6 Navi-Basque Red Pearl II/Ivory
Hey Maxpower02, I have not seen too many Basque Red choices but the color is growing on me especially after heeding Glen E advice on sealing the car properly.

Attached Images

Current: 2013 EX Basque Red EX I4 Sedan 25,972 OTD 1-3-13 wife's daily driver--She picked the color: Her dad is full Basque.

Blackfire products RULE

High Power LED Interior Lighting Kit
moonroof visor
cargo hook and net
all weather mats including trunk
wheel locks
splash guards
dealer installed factory 2nd alarm

Previous Honda's:
1977 civic cvcc
1982 accord
1990 accord
1998 accord
2008 accord EX--current daily driver
post #33 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 07:51 AM
2013 Sport OBP

I would grab OBP. These cars are hard to find which I think will help resale value in the future.

Sad thing is no 6-speed manual.

post #34 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Love this color but the question is that how would it look when dirty?

My car does end up getting dirty. Thinking that MSM will look better with it.

Have to decide by the end of the day - Will be picking up the car tonight.
post #35 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM
2013 Sport OBP

Yes, the blue does get pretty dirty.
post #36 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 AM
5th Gear

Hey Basque....The car looks great!! WOW! Going to get mine to look as good as yours real soon... Was going to get White, but saw a Basque Red pearl in the showroom, all shiny under the lights...was in love right there..lol Something about that Red PEARL just makes the car pop....Hey Maestro96, take a look at Basque Red Ex picture....take a look at Red before making a decision, besides, too many MSM out there..lol...my neighbor has a OBP Sport..nice color too...

2013 Accord Sedan EXLv6 Basque Red Pearl II/Ivory
post #37 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basque Red Ex View Post
Hey Maxpower02, I have not seen too many Basque Red choices but the color is groing on me especially after heeding Glen E advice on sealing the car properly.
At times I wish I had gotten this over the white which I love. It was a hard choice between the two. The important thing for me was having tan seats and dash. Black interiors are too coffin like for me. Clay and Microfiber are two concepts that will serve you well.

Ex-L 4cyl, White Pearl/Ivory
Honda factory LED Touring Headlight, 3M Di-NOC Bubinga wood vinyl dash trim, Horn Upgrade, LED interior, trunk, license, Splash Guards

II Kings 9:20-"The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he driveth furiously."
post #38 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower02 View Post
Basque Red Pearl II here!! Everyone who comments about the car, loves the color. Glen is right, just make sure when you wash and dry, use microfiber or borderless cotton towels. It is the nylon border stitching on regular towels that scratches when you dry or polish. NO AUTO CAR WASHES---I am in the Northeast, (NY) have not been able to get my seal on, but I am a Zaino guy, so I have been washing with zaino wash, and using z-6 detail spray. The soap and spray put some polymer on the car...so as soon as I get nice warmer day, going to strip, clay, z-2, z-6 then seal....
BTW, no scratches or swirls on the car, I do not use any circular motions when drying or applying...just straight up and down.

2013 Accord Sedan EXLV6 Navi-Basque Red Pearl II/Ivory
+1 on Zaino and no circular motions. Think about it, where do swirls come from? Circular motions on a car that has not been clayed and all the grime picked up by the petroleum distillates in the wax are ground into the paint. That is why the white wax pad turns grey/black yet if clay is used, the pad stays white.

Ex-L 4cyl, White Pearl/Ivory
Honda factory LED Touring Headlight, 3M Di-NOC Bubinga wood vinyl dash trim, Horn Upgrade, LED interior, trunk, license, Splash Guards

II Kings 9:20-"The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he driveth furiously."
post #39 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 PM
6th Gear

Must be nice to have more than two colors to choose from. Even better to be able to get leather.

But I do love my 6 speed MT in alabaster silver (with black cloth )

'13 Alabaster Silver Accord EX Sedan I4 6MT
'07 Graphite Accord SE Sedan I4 5MT
'90 White Integra RS Hatch I4 5MT
post #40 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Ok guys. Red it shall be. Planning to do some hardcore negotiation. I want the car without paying for the useless appearance package or the destination charge. It all goes down tonight. Will let you know If I secure the deal or not.
post #41 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro96 View Post
I am down to MSM and Red, but no lovers for the Red?
i love the red with the black interior. The Sport model is the only one where you can get the red/black color combo.

I am shopping for an LX or EX in red but the ivory interior kills it for me...

Last edited by bomber1640; 02-25-2013 at 12:25 PM. Reason: wrong pic
post #42 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 02:54 PM
'13 Accord Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basque Red Ex View Post
Hey Maxpower02, I have not seen too many Basque Red choices but the color is groing on me especially after heeding Glen E advice on sealing the car properly.
I would have loved to get that in a Sport, but none were available in my area. I've always been a fan of candy apple red, or bright cherry red colors.
post #43 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber1640 View Post
i love the red with the black interior. The Sport model is the only one where you can get the red/black color combo.

I am shopping for an LX or EX in red but the ivory interior kills it for me...

That's what killed it for me as well....the Ivory/Black interior.
post #44 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpthemc View Post
second that. the swirls and scratches are nearly impossible to hide. it just takes too much work to maintain for the average person.

black will definitely be the best looking. as far as practicality and maintenance, i would choose MSM! a bit biased but for good reason
Don't listen to the "black is bad" nonsense. I've had multiple black cars and never had trouble with swirls or anything...and I live in Cleveland (we get around 4+ months of hard winter every year with snow, ice, and a *ton* of salt). When you get the car get it paint-treated and get it renewed every year when it requires it. Other than that wash it semi-regularly (twice a month is usually good) and you'll never have a problem.
post #45 of 57 Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
Black is never easy to maintain...
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
black FAR Easier with Wipe on walk away polymer sealants.....do some reading before you judge....google opti-coat 2.0
googled it.. pretty cool stuff. it's amazing how far paint protection has advanced. this product would definitely make black paint easy to take care of.

Previous:
1. '06 G35 Coupe 6MT
2. '08 S2000
3. '10 G37 Sedan 7AT

Current:
'13 Honda Accord Sport Sedan 6MT MSM
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.