I'll be Proclips guinea pig - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 73 Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I'll be Proclips guinea pig

I have a EX-L V6 with both screens. In my old car, I used a Proclip holder for two ipods (before the iphone was invented) and then my iphone 4. I used it on every drive for seven years. It blocked one of my vents, but it looked so cool and was so durable that I didn't mind.

If you've visited the website to see where they put them in the 2013, you'll notice that it just might block some of the upper screen. I took a chance and ordered anyway. It's on backorder. I'll report back once I've seen how it looks.

Worst case, I send it back and eat the shipping. These things aren't cheap, but I don't want a suction cup anywhere near my windshield or dashboard.

Advertisement

post #2 of 73 Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 PM
All six gears

Awesome! I am tempted by these too, but I (like everyone else probably) worry about wedging something in between the gaps of my interior pieces. The video makes them seem super sturdy, though, and honestly I'm about sick of the crappy little plastic TJ-Maxx vent mount I have for my iPhone, which sways ever so gently when I take a turn.

- 2013 Accord EX I4 sedan, 6-speed manual, Modern Steel Metallic

- 2011 Civic EX sedan, 5-speed manual, Crystal Black Pearl

- 2003 Accord EX-L V6 sedan, 5-speed automatic, Nighthawk Black Pearl

- 1994 Accord LX I4 sedan, 5-speed manual, Malachite Green Metallic

- 1991 CRX Si, 5-speed manual, Rio Red
post #3 of 73 Old 01-07-2013, 10:54 PM
3rd Gear

expensive... its $30 for the mount and $35-$xxx for the actual holder?

are there cheaper alternatives that just clip on to the fans?

2013 Accord LX (MSM)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 73 Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelVox View Post
I have a EX-L V6 with both screens. In my old car, I used a Proclip holder for two ipods (before the iphone was invented) and then my iphone 4. I used it on every drive for seven years. It blocked one of my vents, but it looked so cool and was so durable that I didn't mind.

If you've visited the website to see where they put them in the 2013, you'll notice that it just might block some of the upper screen. I took a chance and ordered anyway. It's on backorder. I'll report back once I've seen how it looks.

Worst case, I send it back and eat the shipping. These things aren't cheap, but I don't want a suction cup anywhere near my windshield or dashboard.
Hey MichaelVox,

Apparently other forums have arranged for a discount code giving the entire site (such as ours probably) a 20% discount code. 25% discount code would be nice (they had 25% on black friday recently). I will be willing to order one for me and for my wife if it was 25% off.

And of course it cannot block the screen which would be a deal breaker. What phone do you have btw?

2013 Accord LX (MSM)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 73 Old 01-07-2013, 11:28 PM
All six gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalheaven View Post
expensive... its $30 for the mount and $35-$xxx for the actual holder?

are there cheaper alternatives that just clip on to the fans?

You can get really cheap vent-mounted ones, but as i mentioned in my post above, you get what you pay for. I've gone through about three of them; they never feel secure, they sometimes pop out, and they feel s hitty and cheap. I figure, if you have a nice car/interior/phone, might as well spend a little more money and get a sturdy mount for something you use all the time. (I use my iPhone as my primary navigation device).

- 2013 Accord EX I4 sedan, 6-speed manual, Modern Steel Metallic

- 2011 Civic EX sedan, 5-speed manual, Crystal Black Pearl

- 2003 Accord EX-L V6 sedan, 5-speed automatic, Nighthawk Black Pearl

- 1994 Accord LX I4 sedan, 5-speed manual, Malachite Green Metallic

- 1991 CRX Si, 5-speed manual, Rio Red
post #6 of 73 Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman223 View Post
You can get really cheap vent-mounted ones, but as i mentioned in my post above, you get what you pay for. I've gone through about three of them; they never feel secure, they sometimes pop out, and they feel s hitty and cheap. I figure, if you have a nice car/interior/phone, might as well spend a little more money and get a sturdy mount for something you use all the time. (I use my iPhone as my primary navigation device).
Indeed. They offered 25% off at black friday and offered other forums 20% for users.

However, it seems like they don't have great reviews on their customer service.

2013 Accord LX (MSM)

post #7 of 73 Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 AM
banned

I got a proclip for above my left vent. Works great and is of course the usual proclip solid.
post #8 of 73 Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 AM
3rd Gear

I have had Proclips in all my other vehicles fo ra few years now and love their products. Also have had great customer service!
There are not many options in the 2013 sedan. Because of the airbags in the A pillar you cannot do much on that side except use the vent mount type. That would have been my preference.
I ended up ordering for the left side over the vent and to be honest if you move it as far left as possible it only blocks the left side and you still get plenty of air flow.
In fact I am thinking of upgrading to the model that that snaps in the charge cable for my Iphone 5. I just finished adding an additional power socket under the dash on the left side specifically for the phone charge cable so that nothing is hung across the steering wheel.
They make a very well built product that installs easily.
That discount would look real good right now.

I highly recommend them.

2013 Accord EXL-V6 4-DR, Obsidian Blue
Touring LED headlight upgrade, Acrylic hood deflector, Splash guards, trunk cargo net, Weathertech floor liners, Weathertech trunk liner, horn upgrade, ProClip phone mount with additional power socket, exLED interior, trunk, and plate upgrade, Extend-a-Seat driver side seat brackets, passenger seat mounting brackets, Formula One Pinnacle tinted windows(50% sides/rear)
2003 Honda Pilot EX
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
post #9 of 73 Old 01-08-2013, 05:11 AM
Continuously Varying

I went this route and I'm extremely happy with it:

Attached it over the left center vent, it will pull the trim loose before it would come loose itself if you aren't careful removing it. Blocks about 10% of the left of the center screen, however it is still useable.

------
2013 Honda Accord EX-L I4 CVT MSM/Grey
post #10 of 73 Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 AM
3rd Gear

They are running s promo for people that already have a mount....

Touring LED headlight upgrade, Acrylic hood deflector, Splash guards, trunk cargo net, Weathertech floor liners, Weathertech trunk liner, horn upgrade, ProClip phone mount with additional power socket, exLED interior, trunk, and plate upgrade, Extend-a-Seat driver side seat brackets, passenger seat mounting brackets, Formula One Pinnacle tinted windows(50% sides/rear)
2003 Honda Pilot EX
post #11 of 73 Old 01-08-2013, 05:57 AM
banned

Here are pics of my proclip over left vent. iPhone mount.

Name: ImageUploadedByAutoguide1357653434.847477.jpg
Views: 4411
Size: 33.0 KB

Name: ImageUploadedByAutoguide1357653465.341064.jpg
Views: 3795
Size: 32.4 KB
post #12 of 73 Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 AM
2013 Sedan Sport

wow that reminds me of the bracketron mount i used to have in my 95 240sx. but i just bolted mine straight to the center console lol drift car = no care

i have an old ipod video (no smart phone for me) and i just stick it in the cubby above the USB port. no problems.

i could see why people would want thier phone visible though, what with nav and all these days. nice bracket. looks way sturdy.
post #13 of 73 Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 AM
3rd Gear

Here is my mount...slightly different on my sedan.
Attached Images

2003 Honda Pilot EX
post #14 of 73 Old 01-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Continuously Varying

Here is the iOttie on my Sedan:

------
2013 Honda Accord EX-L I4 CVT MSM/Grey
post #15 of 73 Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 AM
3rd Gear

We have the IOttie too. Works well and you can use it in a variety of places. We are also experimenting with using it on top of one the expandle mounts that sits in the cupholder. It's a little low, but it's out of the way and does not block the dash that way.

Cars in the Garage:

2013 Accord EX Sedan MSM 6MT
2010 Acura TL AWD 6MT
2003 Accord EX 5MT (at 165K and counting)
Advertisement

Tags
proclips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.