Remote Start w/ Start Button - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 28 Old 03-18-2013, 05:15 PM
1st Gear

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve33 View Post
After months of waiting I finally got my remote starter installed by the dealer and it works great. I don't have the problem of it turning off. I press the remote starter button twice to start, then when I am close to the car I hold the button down to unlock my door and I have 45 seconds to put the car into gear before it will shut off. If some one were to open the door without the remote start key on them then it would shut down.
I press the remote starter button twice to start,....do you mean engine+lock
button, how come my don't do that? stil cutoff engine when i pressing unlock button....are we talking about oem from honda right?

Advertisement

post #17 of 28 Old 03-19-2013, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by just got_u View Post
I press the remote starter button twice to start,....do you mean engine+lock
button, how come my don't do that? stil cutoff engine when i pressing unlock button....are we talking about oem from honda right?
I dont think mine is the Honda OEM one, its an after market and mine just has one button with a key on it.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L Navi
post #18 of 28 Old 03-19-2013, 10:47 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
I dont think mine is the Honda OEM one, its an after market and mine just has one button with a key on it.
Where u get yours?

post #19 of 28 Old 03-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Out of Control

Remote Start w/ Start Button

Quote:
Pics?

Sent from

2013 Accord Coupe EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

25.4MM TLX RSB
5K 35W TRS HID
Roof Spoiler
5% Tint, 50% Windshield
Takeda SRI
H&R Springs
Single to Dual Magnaflows, Axle-Back:
(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
V6 Headlight (LED DRL Strip):
(
)

Gentex Auto-Dimming w/ Homelink (DIY):
(
)
Cabin Air Filter (DIY):
(
)
Viper Remote Start for Push-To-Start (DIY)
(
)
post #20 of 28 Old 03-20-2013, 03:28 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Did you give up one remote key fob for the after market remote starter?
post #21 of 28 Old 03-21-2013, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

the paper work I got shows its a pursuit remote starter. I didnt give up a Fob key the dealer forked over the money and there is a fob key installed in the car.

post #22 of 28 Old 03-22-2013, 06:11 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
the paper work I got shows its a pursuit remote starter. I didnt give up a Fob key the dealer forked over the money and there is a fob key installed in the car.
Thanks for your reply. Seems to be good option. I am going to check that out. By the way how much dealer charge for this remote starter + key fob installation and programming ?
post #23 of 28 Old 03-23-2013, 07:59 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msahu_13ha View Post
Thanks for your reply. Seems to be good option. I am going to check that out. By the way how much dealer charge for this remote starter + key fob installation and programming ?
Nothing... (I mean Im sure they made there money) but I negotiated it with my deal. The dealership at the time had a free remote starter promotion going on for all models except the 2013 Accord at the time and I told them to throw it in there and they refused so I said the deal is off and got up to walk out at which point the sales person said hold on, went spoke with the manager and then said they would be able to do it. If I remember correctly I think it was $499 at the time. The only problem is I had to wait because I didnt want the remote starter where it would shut off when the door was opened.

post #24 of 28 Old 03-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Out of Control

Does it need a bypass module for the audiovox/prestige/pursuit add-on RS?

Sent from

2013 Accord Coupe EX

25.4MM TLX RSB
5K 35W TRS HID
Roof Spoiler
5% Tint, 50% Windshield
Takeda SRI
H&R Springs
Single to Dual Magnaflows, Axle-Back:
(
)
V6 Headlight (LED DRL Strip):
(
)

Gentex Auto-Dimming w/ Homelink (DIY):
(
)
Cabin Air Filter (DIY):
(
)
Viper Remote Start for Push-To-Start (DIY)
(
)
post #25 of 28 Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 AM
1st Gear

remote start with push button

Note: With all Accord push button start engines you will still need your Honda remote to drive, which means you still need 2 remotes for remote start regardless if after market or oem. The Honda OEM remote start is the way to go because you can monitor inside car temperature on digital display and have summer and winter temp control. The prestige remote start above will not cool down your car in summer and heat up and turn on defoggers in winter automatically like the the Honda oem remote. The Honda oem remote also gives you a choice of 10 or 20 minute running times. Also, the Honda OEM remote knows who driving and automatically changes seat to driving position of assigned remote, aftermarkets don't do this either. The engine shutting off (when unlock or door open) is not a big deal and prevents someone from driving off.
post #26 of 28 Old 04-14-2013, 09:36 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantheman View Post
Note: With all Accord push button start engines you will still need your Honda remote to drive, which means you still need 2 remotes for remote start regardless if after market or oem. The Honda OEM remote start is the way to go because you can monitor inside car temperature on digital display and have summer and winter temp control. The prestige remote start above will not cool down your car in summer and heat up and turn on defoggers in winter automatically like the the Honda oem remote. The Honda oem remote also gives you a choice of 10 or 20 minute running times. Also, the Honda OEM remote knows who driving and automatically changes seat to driving position of assigned remote, aftermarkets don't do this either. The engine shutting off (when unlock or door open) is not a big deal and prevents someone from driving off.
Thanks for this awesome info.....our new accord has the oem remote start too....and I Didn't realize it did all that... We only have one smart key and one remote start key.... Should we have gotten 2 sets w/ the car?.... Driver
1 and 2? Thx
When we bought the car.....I asked for the 2nd key....Our Sale's guy said, "when they install the remote start, you'll get the 2nd key"....hmmm, OK. When we picked our car up, after the remote start and some other extras were installed, I had to return the rental car and Service was closed...The receptionist gave me the keys....2 remotes...OK... Not knowing the 2 remotes are BOTH for driver 1, Correct? Thx
Looks like the car should have a Driver 2 Fob and starter remote?
post #27 of 28 Old 04-15-2013, 03:54 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Depends on your needs. With ACC and temp set 70 car will automatically either cool or heat as quickly as possible to that temp when remotely start. Having to pair Bluetooth all over again with the audio qiurks involved can be annoying proposition at times . With my remote start have to hit button three times before entering car to prevent engine from shutting off......of course remembering to do that presents it's own challenges .

V6 with nav
post #28 of 28 Old 04-15-2013, 04:39 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Wouldn't keeping the AC on Auto make the car go to the proper temp regardless of what auto start you use?

My aftermarket one will indeed allow longer run times if needed. It'll even the start the car every 3hours overnight on REALLY cold nights if I wanted it too.

There are two way aftermarket auto start that would put the display on the OEM one to shame.

As for the seat memory thing, is this really a remote start feature? or the fact that the car shuts off just before you get in anyways, and you have to get in the car as if you never remote started it in the first place, and the seats are just doing what they do just like any other time you get in and start the car?

I'm curious that is all.

2015 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD Elite
2013 'Hemie' Accord Touring V6 - Canadian - Retired
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.