17 Chrome-Look Alloy Wheels - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

17 Chrome-Look Alloy Wheels

I'm thinking of getting a new EX-L accord and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the wheel upgrade option listed on the build page. I'd also be a bit curious if I'd need to worry about them too much during the winter with salt on the roads.

Attached Images
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-21-2012, 06:29 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshell View Post
I'm thinking of getting a new EX-L accord and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the wheel upgrade option listed on the build page. I'd also be a bit curious if I'd need to worry about them too much during the winter with salt on the roads.
I wouldnt get it. Just save and get other rim and tire combo

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Nav
Crystal Black Pearl/Black Interior
Splash Guards - Wheel Locks - HID's in Lows (6K) and fogs (3k) - Weather Tech Digital FLoor Mats - ExLed Custom Interior Lights.

Previous 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Nav, Crystal Black Pearll/Black Interior

Previous 2008 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Nav, Nighthawk Black/Black Interior
post #3 of 7 Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 PM

$1,600? Yikes!

If you really want those wheels, wait a few months and you should be able to find them on eBay for much less.

You'll want a dedicated set of winter wheels. Road salt will damage them unless you wash them down frequently.

post #4 of 7 Old 10-21-2012, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Do I lose out on anything with the TPMS system by getting aftermarket 17" wheels? I saw some of the threads mentioning problems with larger sizes.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Continuously Varying

Quote:
Do I lose out on anything with the TPMS system by getting aftermarket 17" wheels? I saw some of the threads mentioning problems with larger sizes.
As long as the aftermarket tire & wheel combo has the same diameter as the stock tire & wheel there shouldn't be an issue with the TPMS.

------
2013 Honda Accord EX-L I4 CVT MSM/Grey
post #6 of 7 Old 10-21-2012, 06:59 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
I like the look of the stock wheels, but for the winter we typically pick up a set of OEM steel rims and Honda wheel covers. At least that is what we did with my wife's 2003 Accord and our 2011 Odyssey. I guess the problem is even the LX model has allow wheels. Have you considered another Honda model with 17" steel wheels and plastic hub caps that will work on the Accord? Maybe that would be a less expensive option.

The reason I like to stay away from alloy wheels for the winter (aside from the cost) is that one is more likely to slide into a curb in icy conditions than in the summer and a replacement steel wheel is much less expensive than an alloy one.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Continuously Varying

Just an FYI: tirerack now has the 2013 Accords in their database, so you can compare and price different wheel/tire combos there and see how they look mounted.

------
2013 Honda Accord EX-L I4 CVT MSM/Grey
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.