Subwoofer power for 9th Gen - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #31 of 44 Old 02-28-2013, 07:53 AM
Rocco

Subwoofer power for 9th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
the problem is HONDA BT, not just BT....the best Fidelity comes thru USB using Ipod and the EQ set for rock or bass boost, a CD or USB stick...bar none. See my experiment here:

Experiment: comparing the Honda BT to another BT input....
So it's that drastic of a sound quality difference using USB vs BT? I figured there would be a loss of quality over BT, but never went and compared vs USB because I just assumed the system stinks.

Sent from

2013 Accord Sedan - EX-L V6 with Nav -White Orchard Pearl. Bone stock (for now)
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 02-28-2013, 08:12 AM
1st Gear

Coming from a 1000 watt sound system with a JL 12 in W6 sub in my previous car to the premium sound system in the Honda; I was actually pleasantly surprised. I thought I would hate it but I found the system to be sufficient. It doesn't thump no where near as my old setup but I don't find it to be all that lacking either. I'd say play around with the EQ settings till you find the sweet spot and don't judge it based on bluetooth streaming as your going to have a loss of sound quality there as stated above. I also download a majority of my music from iTunes which comes with a higher bitrate quality which ensures better sound production from the speakers.

post #33 of 44 Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Rocco

Subwoofer power for 9th Gen

So I gave the USB a shot...it's actually night and day.

Sent from

2013 Accord Sedan - EX-L V6 with Nav -White Orchard Pearl. Bone stock (for now)

post #34 of 44 Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 PM
My First Post

Upgraded the Sub

Hello everyone, I personally enjoy the highs and mids of my new Honda Accord V6 accord, but the bass is pretty bad for a 30K vehicle. That said I researched and researched and decided to on upgrading the sub woofer and risking the ANC would react poorly...

I installed the Kicker Hideaway under my passenger seat. Screwed it into the floor. It fits perfectly!!

I didn't have to remove my seat either. I placed the seat as far forward as possible and found there is a cold/heat air duct for the rear passengers feet. I had to close this duct to make sure no heat would blow on the sub/amp. I ran the wires as stated by the manual using the stock sub as my line input. I did not disable the stock sub because that is what is required for the sound processing, but I did place it on the stock gain setting. The sub comes with a bass boost and I installed it under the center armrest taped to the front right section.

My overall sound is night and day difference. I now love to use Pandora on the way to work. Anyone who doesn't want to spend a huge amount of money should add one of these to there car. Works great!!!
post #35 of 44 Old 03-21-2013, 01:31 AM
1st Gear

Nice. That Kicker sounds like a good idea. Might be a better alternative to putting a sub in the trunk.
post #36 of 44 Old 04-07-2013, 06:59 PM
My First Post

Bass, Accord 2013 EX-L, V6, Bluetooth, Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Handed my 2012 Toyota Camry SE with Navi to my better half, traded in her 2010 VW CC for 2013 Honda Accord EXL V6.
Hooked up the galaxy note 2 via bluetooth at the dealership, noticed there were no bass whatsover (which is not the case on the toyota camry or vw cc), turned bass all the way up, sub all the way up, put the music to back speakers once, twice, three times etc, still no low or mid bass.
Still got the car, very annoyed.
I just tried connecting the same phone via audio cable, things are a lot better, bass still won't go deep but at least having bass at 90%, sub at 90%, treble at center, +1 to rear speakers the music is at my acceptable (in on my other cars acceptable was less than max bass setting available)
but annoyed but having an audio cable.
Plugged in a usb drive and happy with music the same way.
Except I listen to audio files which are 90 mins - 3 hours long (dj tracks etc), I could not find a way to fast forward the songs (as can do in windows media player etc). Little more work buy splitting the audio files to 5 mins and put them into subfolders and I should be set.
Still hope the sub has more meaning in this car, everything else is amazing.
post #37 of 44 Old 04-07-2013, 07:45 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via MSN to andres0603 Send a message via Yahoo to andres0603
my 7.5 gen radio sounds way better than my 9gen even if you plug the audio cable in the radio

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6
mods done:
17" Chrome-Look Alloy Wheels
OEM Illuminated door sills
white LED back-up lights
exLED 6K interior lights

2006 Honda Accord EX-L V6
mods done:
white LED interior lights, stage II
OEM foglights
tint 35% all around
post #38 of 44 Old 06-12-2013, 06:48 AM
1st Gear

So you just tapped into both of the subwoofer leads in the trunk and ran them to the Kicker Hideaway?

Did you disable the ANC?

Based on my discussions with Honda of America, the stock system uses a DSP mode that limits the bass output to the speakers...so the signal you're running to the Kicker is very low on bass. The Kicker would then amplify this weaker bass signal.

So you're still happy with the performance in the car with the Kicker Hideaway?
post #39 of 44 Old 06-12-2013, 07:03 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by chschmit View Post
So you just tapped into both of the subwoofer leads in the trunk and ran them to the Kicker Hideaway?

Did you disable the ANC?

Based on my discussions with Honda of America, the stock system uses a DSP mode that limits the bass output to the speakers...so the signal you're running to the Kicker is very low on bass. The Kicker would then amplify this weaker bass signal.

So you're still happy with the performance in the car with the Kicker Hideaway?
O if there was only a way to permanently disable DSP. I tried the diagnostic menu method of disabling it temporarily and it sounded much better.
post #40 of 44 Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 AM
1st Gear

See my prior post...

Permanently disabling DSP is not going to happen.

Amp/sub problem solved permanently
post #41 of 44 Old 06-12-2013, 07:36 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by chschmit View Post
See my prior post...

Permanently disabling DSP is not going to happen.

Amp/sub problem solved permanently
Officially from Honda may be not but anything controlled by software can be changed. We'll see what happens.
post #42 of 44 Old 03-15-2016, 09:21 PM
New Honda Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimic17 View Post
Hello everyone, I personally enjoy the highs and mids of my new Honda Accord V6 accord, but the bass is pretty bad for a 30K vehicle. That said I researched and researched and decided to on upgrading the sub woofer and risking the ANC would react poorly...

I installed the Kicker Hideaway under my passenger seat. Screwed it into the floor. It fits perfectly!!

I didn't have to remove my seat either. I placed the seat as far forward as possible and found there is a cold/heat air duct for the rear passengers feet. I had to close this duct to make sure no heat would blow on the sub/amp. I ran the wires as stated by the manual using the stock sub as my line input. I did not disable the stock sub because that is what is required for the sound processing, but I did place it on the stock gain setting. The sub comes with a bass boost and I installed it under the center armrest taped to the front right section.

My overall sound is night and day difference. I now love to use Pandora on the way to work. Anyone who doesn't want to spend a huge amount of money should add one of these to there car. Works great!!!
Did you disable ANC?
post #43 of 44 Old 03-19-2016, 08:03 AM
3rd Gear

Seems like no one has mentioned the changing of "Flat On" setting that was very actively discussed a few years ago in this forum. If not tried, I would recommend it as that definitely improved the sound quality on my 2013 Touring. Search the forum for details.
post #44 of 44 Old 03-22-2016, 04:54 AM
1st Gear

Cool Sub Woofer

One problem is they started using cheaper speakers. My 2008 civic EX came with 360 watt Nav. system. 100% better sound, deep bass and loud compared to 2016 accord touring I now have. On top of that, I'm not a bit happy with this car. rattles all over the place, not steady above 60 MPH, have it aligned didn't help, steering wheel road vibration and list goes on. already complained to Honda, told them poorly made, about the only thing good is the mileage... I can't complain there... average 38 MPG city -Hwy on a V6
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.