Price Paid Discussion Thread: How much did you pay for your 9th gen Accord? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
263Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 131 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 8143 Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Price Paid Discussion Thread: How much did you pay for your 9th gen Accord?

Congrats on your new car purchase.

Now let's use this thread to keep track of prices people paid. If possible, please list both price before TTL and price OTD. Why? Not everyone pays sales tax or the same sales tax percentage. Thanks.

Please list:
  • Year
  • Sedan or Coupe
  • 4 or 6 cylinder engine
  • Your city and state location (please update your UserCP to include this information!)
  • Trim (i.e. LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, Touring, Hybrid, VP.... etc.)
  • Automatic, CVT, or Manual transmission
  • Price before Tax Title License (TTL)
  • Price Out The Door (OTD)
  • Miscellaneous add-ons/extras (e.g. extended warranty, spoiler, body kit, pin stripe, Honda Factory Performance (HFP) wheels, nitrogen in the tires (lol).... etc.)

You can also add your purchase to the editable spreadsheet -->

What should you pay? What's a fair price? Go to the end of this thread and work your way back to see what people paid most recently.

Advertisement

post #2 of 8143 Old 09-20-2012, 06:23 AM
6th Gear

I'll come back to this thread when I make it official. This should help give everyone, an idea of what is possible, NOW.

I contacted several dealers for a Coupe EX-L Navi AT, so far, I have an offer from one Dealer of $500.00 below MSRP + No Doc Fees.

Every Dealer I contacted used the same basic sales tactic, it's gonna be impossible to get one early for less than MSRP (BS my friends), I counter with the fact, that the Accord is a Mass produced vehicle, not a Limited_Special_Edition_Low Production Run, if they want my Money they must present me with a price somewhere in between Invoice & MSRP, considering it's early on in the production run, later, when lot's start filling up, then it's all about Invoice.

I understand the Leverage of Dealers, VS, I gotta have it now customers, it always occurs in the first few weeks or sometimes months, but I can wait or find another Dealer or maybe a Different Manufacturer. I make sure they understand my position.

I'm gonna visit them this afternoon because they said they will be putting in their orders for Coupes on Friday (Sept. 20th), I'm also gonna recontact other Dealers Today with My offer and see where it goes.

post #3 of 8143 Old 09-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Black on Black on Black

Well, You have to consider when you have old stock still sitting, why would you discount your new inventory. Also, you dont go anywhere else and try negotiate when you by something. 500 is more than enough for a product thatwas released sat. If you wanna be the first with the newest thing on the block, pay for it.

Also thge coupe will not be released till the 15th of october

2011 Accord Coupe 6-6
20% Tint
LED Interior/ Exterior
M3 Style Roof Spoiler
Tein Advance SS
HID Lowbeams and Fogs
AEM Cold Air Intake Intake System
Honda Pilot/Ridgeline Manifold Spacer
RVJ6 Long Pipe
Megan Racing OE-RS Exhaust
Niche Circuit 20x8.5 245/35/20
Niche circuit 20x10 275/30/20
HFP Lip Kit

post #4 of 8143 Old 09-20-2012, 06:56 AM

My dad bought his 12 Camry a year ago in October and received a discount of around $3k off msrp. Of course he bought his last 4 cars at this dealer with the same sales person. Now that I think about it the car wasn't even built yet. He had to wait 2 weeks. Same thing with his previous 07. New design, had to wait a few weeks. This was just a basic I4 LE. $12400 OTD with 6.25% OH sales tax included and trading in an 07 Camry LE 4cyl with 80k miles and good condition.
ttwalter13 likes this.
post #5 of 8143 Old 09-20-2012, 07:04 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by datdude77 View Post
Well, You have to consider when you have old stock still sitting, why would you discount your new inventory. Also, you dont go anywhere else and try negotiate when you by something. 500 is more than enough for a product thatwas released sat. If you wanna be the first with the newest thing on the block, pay for it.
Wrong-->That's the kind of Customers Dealers LOVE,,Weak and Willing to give up + only Deal with one Dealer,, are you Crazy??? Negotiate your way, I'll negotiate the MY way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datdude77 View Post
Also thge coupe will not be released till the 15th of october
I know when the Coupe will be released-->
post #6 of 8143 Old 09-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Out of Control

Ex-L Automatic MSRP $28,785 bought tonight for $26,989 + tax, tile-No DOC fees.

I know the owner of the dealership well and have no clue if he gave me a special deal.
post #7 of 8143 Old 09-21-2012, 05:23 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Kings 9:20 View Post
Ex-L Automatic MSRP $28,785 bought tonight for $26,989 + tax, tile-No DOC fees.

I know the owner of the dealership well and have no clue if he gave me a special deal.
Yes you do-->
post #8 of 8143 Old 09-21-2012, 06:24 AM
3rd Gear

I'm thinking about buying a 2013 Accord. I've already had two dealerships in the Boston area offer invoice price on any 2013 Accord in stock. Therefore, it can be done, you just have to push harder if they offer anything above invoice.
post #9 of 8143 Old 09-21-2012, 07:00 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker View Post
Yes you do-->
I'll just say they didn't say and I didn't ask but I wonder if others are paying near msrp. Before I got to know the owner over the last several years they lost a 98 accord and 04 ody sale demanding full sticker.

They now deal with everyone largely because of stiff competition from Korea and Gm ford. I suspect my discount may be larger than average considering these 13s are literally rolling of the truck .
post #10 of 8143 Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 PM
1st Gear

2013 EX-L w/NAV
Sedan
$31500 OTD
w/ accessories include: mud flaps, all-weather mats, trunk mats, wheel locks, door edge film, windshield chemical treatment.

Is it a good deal ?
post #11 of 8143 Old 09-25-2012, 05:31 PM
No Gears, Got CVT :)

Are you including sales tax?, if so, how much was the sales tax?

Did you really want all those accessories like "windshield chemical treatment"? I think you could have gotten a better deal.

I saw one 2013 Accord in a lot that the dealer added "Genuine wheel locks" for $175. Honda's MSRP for Accord wheel lock is $56.
post #12 of 8143 Old 09-25-2012, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

The dealer quoted me the sell price and they said these are the accessories they already have put on!
post #13 of 8143 Old 09-25-2012, 05:45 PM

It is hard to tell when you don't give the amount before sales tax because different areas have different tax.

For example, I almost got a 2013 I4 4Dr EX-L with Navi for $27,685 + $236 doc fee and no trade-in plus my state sales tax. However, he only had a black one coming in and my wife does not want black. In about 2 weeks he will know what colors are in his next allotment so I decided to wait for a different color.
post #14 of 8143 Old 09-25-2012, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grewupmanual View Post
The dealer quoted me the sell price and they said these are the accessories they already have put on!
Tell them you want the same car/trim, but without all the B.S. margin-padding add-on's that's probably cheaper to buy yourself if you decide you need or want them later.
post #15 of 8143 Old 09-25-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grewupmanual View Post
I have told them to take them off or give me a different car if they can't do that. You be susprised how much they can take off like pin striping.

BTW, what the heck is ""windshield chemical treatment" besides profit?

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.