Price Paid Discussion Thread: How much did you pay for your 9th gen Accord? - Page 249 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
270Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 131 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
post #3721 of 8165 Old 03-11-2014, 05:07 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky007 View Post
Hi All,

New to the forum here and wanted to check the Price for 2014 Honda accord sport
I have a dealer asking 21200+TTL. Can someone confirm is that the deal to go for.
Or should i negotiate to a further lower price. This was the Price i got over the internet.
Heading to the dealership today.

Thanks in advance
Yes, I think that's a pretty good price.

----------------
2014 Accord EX-L Sedan V6
Stock As Can Be!
Advertisement

post #3722 of 8165 Old 03-12-2014, 04:17 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by waryman View Post
Just bought my 2014 Accord Touring model for $30,299. Got a full 4 thousand off the MSRP of $34,5** by negotiating over the phone with another dealers quote of $30,500 for the same model in a different color. Got this by using Truecar to give me a quote from multiple dealers. I had to finance through American Honda Finance in order to get this price. I plan to refinance with Penfed in a month as I got a 5% rate at the dealership (their standard rate for all the cars).

2014 Accord Financing through Honda Financial is at 1.9% for qualified buyers. 5% is garbage unless you don't have great credit.

post #3723 of 8165 Old 03-12-2014, 11:51 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskie View Post
I'm picking between 2 dealers - same model and color car ('14 V6 coupe in MSM)

Dealer 1 gave me a price of $27800 + TTL + trade in.

Dealer 2, which I visited today matched my trade in, and also has a price of $27,800. They would not budge at all when I asked to knock $300 off the base price. I told them I'd just go back to Dealer 1, and I'm sure they'd be happy to knock off $300 to make the sale.

I walked out and they seemed to care less.

Can anyone explain this reasoning? Even if Dealer 1 is firm on the price, they really think I'll make another trip back without them budging on the price?

Also - on Flex cash, Dealer 2 was offering $1000 for the '13 coupe, but only $500 for the '14 coupe. Is it true they can't bump the '14 coupe up to $1000?
There is only a $500 FLEX incentive and that is offered from American Honda Finance. If a dealer offers you $1000 FLEX they are trying to confuse you or trying to throw you off. Tell them as an educated consumer you know what incentives are out there.

American Honda Finance gives dealers FLEX cash to use at their discretion. This is not something everyone is entitled to and this usually does run out 2-3 weeks into the month. The sole purpose of this is to help dealers make deals where they are already below invoice and so that they can A. Make a deal at a price point where they would normally wouldn't. or B. They would use the FLEX of offset a negative GROSS deal.

Dealers use FLEX at their own will and may have their own policies for it. Some dealers will use it on their first 100 deals (assuming they were allotted 100 FLEX Coupons). Others will use it only when a deal is below invoice (to bring it to a above invoice or gross deal). Others will use it only for their internet department where everybody is quoted online $600-$800 behind invoice and the FLEX is to offset those deals while maintaining market penetration.

Again, the incentives are as follows: (not discretionary - and will be claimed by the dealer for every vehicle in it's respected category sold during the program period)
2013 Accord Coupes - $2000 incentive
2013 Accord Sedans - $1000 incentives
2014 Accords - $500 incentive (Coupes and Sedans)

These 3 incentives are all Dealer Cash meaning they are not bound to finance or lease deals only. They can be used for cash purchases as well as lease or finance deals.

If a dealer forces you to finance for an incentive - He will be using the $500 FLEX cash. If your bank is not American Honda Finance - NO FLEX WAS USED FOR YOUR TRANSACTION! If he offers you $1000 FLEX for a 2014 - he is confusing you and really combining both the $500 dealer cash as well as the $500 FLEX available.

When you use FLEX you must put $500 down -FLEX can not or should not be used for $0 down or $0 out of pocket deals. (It's a I'll put $500 down if you put $500 down type of deal)

In short Huskie, Dealer 2 is offering you $1000 for the 13 coupe because they have a $2000 incentive ($1500 more than the 14 incentive) from Honda. FLEX can not be bumped. If you are looking by a 2013 instead of the 2014 tell the dealer you know they have a $2000 incentive to move the 2013 Coupes. Tell him since there is also a $500 incentive to the 2014 Coupes, you would like to pay $1800 less than the 2014 price. They will ask you why or where you go the $1800 from. Tell them you took the price for the 2014 - the $1500 difference in the incentive and since we are talking about 2013 models that have been on their lot for about a year now, you find the $300 reduction more than sufficient. If they can not accommodate this, it's time to find Dealer 3 and 4.

post #3724 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 12:00 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanusmc View Post
I've been lurking in this forum for a long time but your post prompted me to join and congratulate you on this outstanding information. I'm not a novice to buying and leasing cars - been doing it for more than 40 years. Been a member of edmunds.com forums for 13 years or so. Your post is the best I've seen by a sales person. When I shop for a vehicle, you're the type of sales person I hope to deal with - straight forward, provide all the info and all the options in a professional, easy to understand way. Thanks for the great info that I'm sure will be of great help to all the members of this discussion.

Bill G
Thanks for your praise, and welcome to the Forums!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenKristal View Post
My cousin and I email back and forth with a few dealers, not even set foot in any yet, and got OTD 22.9K for a 14 sport CVT.... Sure I agree there should be a fair price for both sides, but that is only in a perfect world... otherwise, I get what offer that seems to be best for me. FYI, I live in fairfax, VA... so our tax is about 4%? I always try to deal with OTD since I realize the break down prices vary from dealers to dealers... they seems to like to attach different weird prices on it.
I work in NJ, and I have sold to companies that sent me VA invoices. A dealership should only charge you for Motor Vehicles, Tax, Doc Fee, and state mandated fees such as tire tax, temp tags etc.. Dealers will always try to add in fees and double charge fees if you miss them while focused on selling price to OTD shopping is not a bad thing. I matched the selling price for 2 CR-Vs bought in VA for a national company, but their OTD was $1400 more in NJ because the Doc fee in NJ and the taxes are higher. I believe in VA you only pay a portion of the tax (3 or 4%) and then you have to pay property tax in your county for your vehicle purchase. Being that state by state things like taxes are so different it's hard to say if 22.9k OTD is a good price. If you know the selling price, I'd be able to help you. The CR-Vs I received the invoice for from the VA dealer had a selling price of $22,500 listed and the OTD was $24,000. PM me if you want the dealer's info or info from the purchase order my client sent me.
post #3725 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 12:07 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen9V6 View Post
That's about my monthly payment and the only things I don't have that you do are remote start, rear spoiler, LED headlights, and adaptive cruise control. That's with 0 down and no mileage limits - and when I get done paying, I own it.

Basically sounds like you are leasing it at sticker price and then have to watch every mile. I leased a car twice - the same car, I say twice because it was both my first time and last time.
Be careful of the bank that dealer has you in. Most 10k/39mo. programs are not from American Honda Finance but from another bank named called Han. Han has a higher disposition fee, does not allow you to buy out the lease and you can not get out of the lease early by any means. They have higher residual values and generally their programs target payment shoppers looking to get a good deal. They also have horrible damage waivers and horrible customer service.

If this lease if from HAN stay away!
post #3726 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 12:18 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
Hi everyone. I just discovered this board and this is my first post here. I'd like to know whether I negotiated a good deal yesterday on a new 2013 Honda Accord Touring sedan. I went to Mahwah Honda in NJ, where I bought my '04 Accord. They had one new black/black 2013 Touring in stock (just like I wanted). I came armed with a $31,002 quote (inc. destination) for a 2014 model from another local dealer.

Before I showed them the TrueCar price, they asked something like $32,500, which surely wasn't happening. I offered $27,000, which I knew was equally ridiculous, but I wanted to see what would happen.

They came back at $30,900. Better, but not quite there. I got up to leave. They then (supposedly) called the owner. Final price was $30,000 flat after $400 Flex Cash, and they offered me $500 more than they were going to for my '04 trade-in, which had a blown transmission, needed a full paint job, and has two accidents on the driver's side from hit & run jerks. So, I'd like to think I really got the car for $29,500. I was also able to get .9% financing for 60 months on the 2013 model. It would've been 1.9% for 60 months on the 2014.

So, did I do good? Should I have stayed with the 2014 or was I right to grab this beauty when I could? It looks like the only difference between the 2013 and 2014 models is an always on dimming rearview mirror in the 2014 (which is definitely NOT a plus), not to mention how long I might have to wait for the dealer to find a Touring in a desired color. This one called my name.
The Touring model is a limited production model. Most dealers will only have a couple of these laying around and look to go over invoice for them. That doesn't mean that some dealers wouldn't blow them out, but being that you got the car for below invoice, I'd say you did pretty good. Could you have done better? Well that all depends on where you bought it. In NJ, our market is more saturated than others and you may have been able to get a better deal here where we have so many Honda dealers in a small area. Other states may have a hard time going below invoice for any car let alone a Touring model Accord.

In short, I feel you did good my friend, and now that you have the car, there is no point dwelling on what could have been and time to start appreciating what you have!
post #3727 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 04:24 AM
Rhymes with Mick & Quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmurdera View Post
Be careful of the bank that dealer has you in. Most 10k/39mo. programs are not from American Honda Finance but from another bank named called Han. Han has a higher disposition fee, does not allow you to buy out the lease and you can not get out of the lease early by any means. They have higher residual values and generally their programs target payment shoppers looking to get a good deal. They also have horrible damage waivers and horrible customer service.

If this lease if from HAN stay away!
+1, with a Honda lease, there is no disposition fee and a $1,500 damage waiver. Those right there is a compelling reason not to go with non-Honda lessors.

Mick

2017 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Sedan CVT MSM/Gray
All stock.

2018 Honda Civic Type R 6MT
All stock, more or less.

Other Cars: BMW 335i xDrive, BMW 550i, BMW M3, Infiniti QX4, Honda Pilot EX-L, Nissan Maxima SE, Nissan Sentra SE-R, Honda Prelude Si, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic Si, Honda Accord EX-L V6
post #3728 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 06:59 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick the Quick View Post
+1, with a Honda lease, there is no disposition fee and a $1,500 damage waiver. Those right there is a compelling reason not to go with non-Honda lessors.

Mick
The damage waiver and dispo fee has changed for new leases from Honda.

There is now a $350 disposition fee for the end of the lease which is waived if you lease a new Honda.

Also the Damage waiver has been reduced from $1500 to $500. This is increased to $1000 if you get into a new Honda.

**NOTE: This DOES NOT affect existing Honda leases where the lessee signed the contract under the $1500/$0 Disposition rules. **

2013 Honda Accord Sport MT6 - Modern Steel Metallic.
Dipped Stock Rims(my all season wheels of choice)

Planned mods - (Random Order)
Short Shifter
Coilovers
Tints
LED Touring Headlights
LED Tail Lights
Sound System
20x10.5 all around (Summer wheels)
Front Lip
Black out all chrome (Dip or Vinyl)
Vinyl Roof
Intake
Exhaust
Plan to go performance heavy this summer, let's get some K24W1 Turbo kits rolling!
post #3729 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Rhymes with Mick & Quick

Quote:
The damage waiver and dispo fee has changed for new leases from Honda.

There is now a $350 disposition fee for the end of the lease which is waived if you lease a new Honda.

Also the Damage waiver has been reduced from $1500 to $500. This is increased to $1000 if you get into a new Honda.

**NOTE: This DOES NOT affect existing Honda leases where the lessee signed the contract under the $1500/$0 Disposition rules. **
That sucks. Thanks for letting us know.

Mick

2017 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Sedan CVT MSM/Gray
All stock.

2018 Honda Civic Type R 6MT
All stock, more or less.

Other Cars: BMW 335i xDrive, BMW 550i, BMW M3, Infiniti QX4, Honda Pilot EX-L, Nissan Maxima SE, Nissan Sentra SE-R, Honda Prelude Si, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic Si, Honda Accord EX-L V6
post #3730 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 09:09 AM
1st Gear

2014 Accord LX help

People of the internet! I need your help!

So my car this winter is giving me ALOT of trouble and thought I'd be able to run my car into the ground during my medical training. Clearly thats not happening. Ive looked into many options and think I've decided the accord is the best!

Ive started my research and looks like the best price I've gotten is 22.612.95 OTD for a 2014 Accord Lx, basically as stock as possible. Now Ive only gotten quotes through the internet, but for you experts out there, what is a reasonable price I should be paying?!?

Thank you very much
post #3731 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 09:16 AM
1st Gear

Oh just to add on. I've read through a lot of this forum! Just couldnt get a good answer on a stock LX CVT. Most people commented about the EX, sport or a MT! J

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbies View Post
People of the internet! I need your help!

So my car this winter is giving me ALOT of trouble and thought I'd be able to run my car into the ground during my medical training. Clearly thats not happening. Ive looked into many options and think I've decided the accord is the best!

Ive started my research and looks like the best price I've gotten is 22.612.95 OTD for a 2014 Accord Lx, basically as stock as possible. Now Ive only gotten quotes through the internet, but for you experts out there, what is a reasonable price I should be paying?!?

Thank you very much
post #3732 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 10:33 AM
1st Gear

I just got on the first email to a dealership here in South FL for a 2013 Accord Sedan EX-L $24,958 (includes destination charge and doc fee) plus TTL for the car. Since they accepted my initial offer, I obviously came in too high still. What would be a good offer at this point for this car since it is last year's model and the 2014 is essentially the same car. Thanks.
post #3733 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 11:01 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbies View Post
Oh just to add on. I've read through a lot of this forum! Just couldnt get a good answer on a stock LX CVT. Most people commented about the EX, sport or a MT! J
Which state? OTD is difficult to determine since every state fee has different taxation, doc and fees involved for the purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickdog99 View Post
I just got on the first email to a dealership here in South FL for a 2013 Accord Sedan EX-L $24,958 (includes destination charge and doc fee) plus TTL for the car. Since they accepted my initial offer, I obviously came in too high still. What would be a good offer at this point for this car since it is last year's model and the 2014 is essentially the same car. Thanks.
I don't know what the doc fee is for you guys in FL but the invoice for the car is $26,650 with destination. -$500 honda dealer cash. -$500 FLEX. A invoice deal minus all incentives would be around $25,650. A price of $24,958 is quite reasonable if they don't add any dealer install accessories or additional fees when you get there. Here in NJ our doc fee is around $400 and a price of $24,958 with Doc and Destination would be quite aggressive for a first pencil here. Feel free to shop around, send the quote to other dealers if you have that quote in email and see what others dealers in your area say.

Short Shifter
Coilovers
Tints
LED Touring Headlights
LED Tail Lights
Sound System
Front Lip
Vinyl Roof
Intake
Exhaust
Plan to go performance heavy this summer, let's get some K24W1 Turbo kits rolling!
post #3734 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 11:32 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Which state? OTD is difficult to determine since every state fee has different taxation, doc and fees involved for the purchase.

I don't know what the doc fee is for you guys in FL but the invoice for the car is $26,650 with destination. -$500 honda dealer cash. -$500 FLEX. A invoice deal minus all incentives would be around $25,650. A price of $24,958 is quite reasonable if they don't add any dealer install accessories or additional fees when you get there. Here in NJ our doc fee is around $400 and a price of $24,958 with Doc and Destination would be quite aggressive for a first pencil here. Feel free to shop around, send the quote to other dealers if you have that quote in email and see what others dealers in your area say.
I am in FL. The doc fee is around $699. Also right now the Honda dealer cash is $1,000. I do think it is pretty decent, and am sending around other dealerships to try and beat it.
post #3735 of 8165 Old 03-13-2014, 12:24 PM
2nd Gear

Your right, I thought you said 2014, yeh the dealer cash is $1000 + $500 flex, sounds like a good deal you got there, let us know what you get it for in the end.

Short Shifter
Coilovers
Tints
LED Touring Headlights
LED Tail Lights
Sound System
Front Lip
Vinyl Roof
Intake
Exhaust
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.