Window sun shade for kids - Drive Accord Honda Forums |
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-12-2018, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Window sun shade for kids

Hello. I was wondering if anyone is using a retractable sun shade for the rear seat. I have a small child and even with tinted windows sun still comes through. Any thoughts on a nice sun shade for the side windows and possibly the rear window? Thanks

post #2 of 4 Old 03-12-2018, 06:45 AM
4th Gear

I purchased these at a 99 cents store. They're sold in pairs and kind of thin but I stack them together to make them more effective. They use a suction cup to stay on or you can wedge them onto the door window and won't scratch the tint. Just buy an extra pair for the rear window. For $2 plus tax you can't go wrong. The dealership has them for $15.

35% tint offers almost no protection from the Sun but atleast the cops more likely won't give me a ticket here in Los Angeles.

Attached Images

Current car:

2016 Honda Accord Sport 6MT, Modern Steel Metallic

Purchased April 15, 2016. Current mileage at 11,000 miles as of September 15, 2017

aFe Pro dry S panel filter

35% tint all around except windshield

Diode Dynamics smd2 license plate bulbs 6000k

Previous cars:

1993 Honda Civic EX Coupe 5MT, Amazon Green Pearl

1994 Acura Integra LS 5MT, Milano Red
post #3 of 4 Old 03-12-2018, 10:59 AM
1st Gear

You can try this

post #4 of 4 Old 03-12-2018, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks so much. That’s a great idea. And for a couple bucks like you said, you can’t beat it. Should definitely help. I also have 35% tint. It helps but on a sunny day it still blonds my kids in the back. I appreciate the pics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.