Small indent in body above passenger side door - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By rookie
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-20-2018, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Small indent in body above passenger side door

Im not sure if im in the right forum for posting this but after washing my 2017 EX-L Accord today i noticed a small indent in the body right above the passenger side door. The car is still very new with only 8000 miles on it. It might have been there since delivery. Not sure. Its not a place where you would normally take notice. Its strange that there is no actual mark or impact on the body itself. My question. Is this something that can be pushed out or will it have to be filled in and repainted and blended? Ive included pic of the indent
Thanks Mike

Attached Images
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-20-2018, 06:28 PM
BRWNFLSH now

I doubt this wouldn't have been noticed before, if it was there at delivery. Have you washed the car before now? I'm just guessing here, but could this have been made by someone yanking down on the grab handle inside the car? Does the ding line up with where the handle attaches? Seems like there would be some kind of reinforcement in that area. I'm also thinking this could be made by something like a person's fist, elbow, or a piece of wood, that would not leave a mark on the paint. I'm just guessing again but I think it could be removed by paint-less dent removal. The headliner, and possibly the curtain airbag would have to be removed to try it.
Good luck

92 EX Sedan auto (RBM) - sold after 12 years (140k miles)
03 EX V6 Sedan auto (NBP, then Ford Blue) - traded in after 13 years (135k miles)
16 EX I4 CVT with sensing (KCM) - 15,000 miles so far
post #3 of 11 Old 01-20-2018, 06:29 PM
5th Gear

Paintless dent removal places should have no problem handling this for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
08EX-L likes this.

2017 Accord EX I4 w. Sensing Sedan
2005 Accord LX I4 Sedan > the one with a $2500 transmission rebuild

post #4 of 11 Old 01-20-2018, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I have a Paintless dent removal place right down the street from me. Im gonna take it there first and see what they say. Does anyone know what this specific part of the body is called. Or is it just the door frame?
Ive been watching a bunch of Youtube videos on pulling dents from every imaginable part of a car body except where my dent is. Its pretty stiff in that area. Hoping it can be done
post #5 of 11 Old 01-20-2018, 07:57 PM
5th Gear

A competent PDR place will have no problem with this; its not just about pulling.

2017 Accord EX I4 w. Sensing Sedan
2005 Accord LX I4 Sedan > the one with a $2500 transmission rebuild
post #6 of 11 Old 01-20-2018, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I finally found a vid of damage in the same spot except much worse than mine. At least i know it can be done. He does it all from pulling and tapping from the outside only. This guy is a true artist! Pretty amazing results.....
post #7 of 11 Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM
Elvira - the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlmike View Post
I finally found a vid of damage in the same spot except much worse than mine. At least i know it can be done. He does it all from pulling and tapping from the outside only. This guy is a true artist! Pretty amazing results.....
After seeing this miracle worker artiste, your dent is absolutely fixable back too 99% perfect.

Seeing what he did I personally would accept his work as final.

Be sure to check back with the results !

Mike

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
"Never walk past a mistake " - Colin Powell, retired four-star General
post #8 of 11 Old Today, 06:30 AM
2015 Accord Touring I4

Just make sure they don't drill from inside the door in order to push it out.

2015 Honda Accord Sedan Touring NAVI I4 CVT White Orchard Pearl
2011 Toyota Venza Premium V6 AWD 6AT Blizzard Pearl
2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
2005 Acura TSX I4 5AT Premium White Pearl (Sold)
2002 Honda Civic Coupe SiG Veloz I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
post #9 of 11 Old Today, 09:06 AM
Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08EX-L View Post
Just make sure they don't drill from inside the door in order to push it out.
But that's common PRD procedure when they cannot access the dent via the window, etc. Drill a hole then plug it.

2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 11 Old Today, 10:11 AM
Out of Control

You can do it yourself.

2003 Accord EX I4 AT (mine), K&N drop in (surprised), JL Audio TR690Txi 6X9 in the rear
2004 Accord EX I4 MT (wife's), totally bone stock except for all the crap that fills every cubic inch that is not the driver seat.
post #11 of 11 Old Today, 09:53 PM
4th Gear

Garage
I have a very similar dent in the same area and Im not sure how it happened. I ended up moving my roof rack pad over the dent until I get around to getting it repaired. Definitely a head scratcher on how it came to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current vehicles
2016 Honda Accord Sport on 20" Lexani wheels wrapped in 245/35/20 tires.
2014 Honda Pilot EX on 20" Range Rover Sport wheels wrapped in 275/50/20 tires.

Former vehicles
It may be easier to say what I haven't had.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.