9.5 gen sedan Sport grille - blacked out - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
6Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 01-20-2018, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

9.5 gen sedan Sport grille - blacked out

Did we see this yet? I do not think I saw it discussed? Seems like there is a seller on EBay (Bulb-Xpert) who sells the blacked out Sport grille for $225 shipped?

(search for Accord grille)

Did anyone here buy this? Very interested.

Attached Images

2017 Accord EX I4 w. Sensing Sedan
2005 Accord LX I4 Sedan > the one with a $2500 transmission rebuild
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 01-20-2018, 08:21 PM
1st Gear

See my posts. I did the same in Black vinyl

post #3 of 33 Old 01-21-2018, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Found another seller on EBay selling the same thing (cuztom_tuning), bought the last one. $214.69 shipped. Could not resist! I'll post some pictures when I get it all etc.

post #4 of 33 Old 01-21-2018, 08:30 AM
1st Gear

I got mine for $200 on eBay. Cuztom Tuning was the seller. Fit is great and worth every penny. A lot cheaper than oem and I wanted all black, worked out perfectly.
Attached Images
rookie and scar_cle like this.
post #5 of 33 Old 01-21-2018, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtAccrd View Post
I got mine for $200 on eBay. Cuztom Tuning was the seller. Fit is great and worth every penny. A lot cheaper than oem and I wanted all black, worked out perfectly.
Sweet! And on the best color car too!

Question: I do not quite understand what is up with the logo. The logo needs to be transferred from the original grille to this? It just peels off?

post #6 of 33 Old 01-21-2018, 08:57 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
Sweet! And on the best color car too!

Question: I do not quite understand what is up with the logo. The logo needs to be transferred from the original grille to this? It just peels off?
I messaged the seller before hand and asked him about the emblem and he said its not included as they can't copyright it but surprisingly it was included with the grille. So I was happy. I sold my oem grille on offer up for $50 quick sale.
The Following User Says Thank You to SwtAccrd For This Useful Post:
rookie (01-21-2018)
post #7 of 33 Old 01-21-2018, 08:28 PM
1st Gear

i really like that all black one, really nice inconspicious change!
post #8 of 33 Old 01-21-2018, 09:30 PM
2nd Gear

For those with these eBay aftermarket sport style grilles in all black or chrome/black, how are they holding up? Curious to see if they will peel/fade over time (esp. the chrome) or are prone to chipping. Considering the genuine Honda sport grille is anywhere from 70-100 more, these aftermarket grilles are not that much of a deal. But then again, paying nearly 350 or more for a grille is ridiculous so I see what the hype is about...

2017 WOP Accord Sport 6MT
Suntek 18% all around/35% on windshield
Avery Dennison Gloss Black Roof Wrap
Manzo Polycarbonate Window Visors
Morimoto XB 5500k HIDs
Full JDM ASTAR LED conversion (interior/exterior)
JDM ASTAR Switchbacks
JDM ASTAR LED Amber Rear Turn Signals
DIYCarModz PNP Resistors
Injen CAI
RV6 PCD
Megan Racing Test Pipe
Tsudo Catback Exhaust
Ktuner
OPT7 Aura LED Interior Lighting Kit
VViViD XPO Interior
Mishimoto Shift Knob
V1 Radar
Rexing V1 Dashcam
post #9 of 33 Old 01-22-2018, 07:03 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17wop6mtcr2 View Post
For those with these eBay aftermarket sport style grilles in all black or chrome/black, how are they holding up? Curious to see if they will peel/fade over time (esp. the chrome) or are prone to chipping. Considering the genuine Honda sport grille is anywhere from 70-100 more, these aftermarket grilles are not that much of a deal. But then again, paying nearly 350 or more for a grille is ridiculous so I see what the hype is about...
Mine is holding up great, no issues. Honestly its not cheaply made even though its aftermarket. The glossy black plaint in spot on, its like they took the sport accessory grille and cloned it. The "H" emblem is a little bigger. I mean any paint will chip if rocks are coming at it but that happens over time.

They just came out with these not too long ago and they are selling like hot cakes. nothing but good feedback from all the buyers. I wanted the all black one but you can get the one that has the chrome. They also sell these on amazon. Mine came in 3 days.

I say go for it you won't be disappointed. save some cash and thank me later.

The only thing I didn't like was the install which hey you can pay someone to do it but if you wanna pocket that money you do it yourself. The bumper pretty much has to come apart all the way. I just wish this grille was out at the time I got my underbody spoilers and I would have done it all at the same time since those needed the bumper off as well.
post #10 of 33 Old 01-22-2018, 11:15 AM
1st Gear

I bought this and installed about a week ago onto my black 2016 sport. Made a huge difference in the appearance of the car - I'm not a big fan of the 16-17 grilles. Fairly simple install and seemed well made. Paint work was perfect and packaging was great. Mine came from Ebay seller cuztom_tuning and came with the emblem for $235.

The only issue I had was the small retainer clips that go above the headlight wouldn't fit back. I'm guessing that the material is just a little thicker. I used one of the push type retainers and clipped it to size. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I had the need.
post #11 of 33 Old 01-22-2018, 11:40 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoneSM View Post
I bought this and installed about a week ago onto my black 2016 sport. Made a huge difference in the appearance of the car - I'm not a big fan of the 16-17 grilles. Fairly simple install and seemed well made. Paint work was perfect and packaging was great. Mine came from Ebay seller cuztom_tuning and came with the emblem for $235.

The only issue I had was the small retainer clips that go above the headlight wouldn't fit back. I'm guessing that the material is just a little thicker. I used one of the push type retainers and clipped it to size. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I had the need.
You have too use a flat head screwdriver and bend the grill ends back. I did that to mine and they went back into their place otherwise theres a *** and the grill ends sit onto of the metal retainer.
post #12 of 33 Old 01-22-2018, 01:37 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtAccrd View Post
Mine is holding up great, no issues. Honestly its not cheaply made even though its aftermarket. The glossy black plaint in spot on, its like they took the sport accessory grille and cloned it. The "H" emblem is a little bigger. I mean any paint will chip if rocks are coming at it but that happens over time.

They just came out with these not too long ago and they are selling like hot cakes. nothing but good feedback from all the buyers. I wanted the all black one but you can get the one that has the chrome. They also sell these on amazon. Mine came in 3 days.

I say go for it you won't be disappointed. save some cash and thank me later.

The only thing I didn't like was the install which hey you can pay someone to do it but if you wanna pocket that money you do it yourself. The bumper pretty much has to come apart all the way. I just wish this grille was out at the time I got my underbody spoilers and I would have done it all at the same time since those needed the bumper off as well.
Awesome, thanks for the great info! With regards to the H emblem, is it bigger on this grille than on the OEM standard grille? Or is the H emblem bigger than the one on the OEM sport grille? If so, I’m worried that the JDM red H emblem might not fit it which IMO would look amazing with the sport grille.

And I’ve taken the bumper off more times than necessary so I’ve gotten fairly efficient at it. Will be pulling the plug on one of these grilles soon.

2017 WOP Accord Sport 6MT
Suntek 18% all around/35% on windshield
Avery Dennison Gloss Black Roof Wrap
Manzo Polycarbonate Window Visors
Morimoto XB 5500k HIDs
Full JDM ASTAR LED conversion (interior/exterior)
JDM ASTAR Switchbacks
JDM ASTAR LED Amber Rear Turn Signals
DIYCarModz PNP Resistors
Injen CAI
RV6 PCD
Megan Racing Test Pipe
Tsudo Catback Exhaust
Ktuner
OPT7 Aura LED Interior Lighting Kit
VViViD XPO Interior
Mishimoto Shift Knob
V1 Radar
Rexing V1 Dashcam
post #13 of 33 Old 01-22-2018, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

I actually messaged the seller and asked about the H emblem; he said that emblem will NOT be included. I guess I'll be looking for an emblem separately on EBay.
LeoneSM did yours come with the emblem? Maybe they really just don't want to say it does but it does for everyone...

post #14 of 33 Old 01-22-2018, 09:47 PM
4th Gear

Garage
Loving mine. Got it as a Christmas present. Here’s a before and after shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rookie and SnowWhite2018 like this.

Current vehicles
2016 Honda Accord Sport on 20" Lexani wheels wrapped in 245/35/20 tires.
2014 Honda Pilot EX on 20" Range Rover Sport wheels wrapped in 275/50/20 tires.

Former vehicles
It may be easier to say what I haven't had.
post #15 of 33 Old 01-23-2018, 05:23 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
I actually messaged the seller and asked about the H emblem; he said that emblem will NOT be included. I guess I'll be looking for an emblem separately on EBay.
LeoneSM did yours come with the emblem? Maybe they really just don't want to say it does but it does for everyone...
I mentioned above that it is included I messaged seller too and he said no but then it came with the grille

The Following User Says Thank You to SwtAccrd For This Useful Post:
rookie (01-23-2018)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.