Repair Manual and Schematics - Where to Find - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
10Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 01-16-2018, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Acoustics BSEE

This week I decided to try purchasing a shop repair manual online. I also paid for a subscription to a Honda tech site. I thought others may be interested in what I found.

Manual:

I paid $20 for an electronic shop manual. The site I went through was a combination of WeTransfer and TradeBit. I started at WeTransfer then noticed it referenced TradeBit so I went there to avoid one stop. Once you give them money, you get a download link. The fine print on the site says the link you get won't be for the manual, but will give you contact instructions for who does have the manual. The first download is a 6kb 7zip folder and in it is a .txt file with instructions to send an email to a gmail account with vehicle info. Seems shady, but I did what the instructions asked and the next morning I had an actual file download link to the 2013-2016 Honda Accord shop manual for both L4 and V6. It is a 342MB PDF with bookmarks for sections. It's 11,364 pages!!!!! The resolution is ok, lower than I would like but given the file size to page count ratio, I'm not surprised. It is very usable and the resolution of the images is good enough, as good as a standard print manual. Most of it is in black and white but the schematics include some color on wiring. It appears to be very detailed and includes diagnostic steps and information (like how to determine if a sensor is faulty, including electrical measurements and tolerances). It is text searchable as well. This was worth $20.

Tech Site:

I paid $10 for one day of access to . It covers all years/models/trim Honda vehicles. It is easy to search and has downloadable and printable (to PDF) options for everything. I like how they have color schematics and since it is interactive, you can click on a harness in the schematic and it pulls up a view of the harness with pin-out information. Much of the info is linkable so when in an instruction you can jump to a related link (like how speaker removal instructions has a link to door panel removal instructions). When working on a new car, I typically snag a one-day subscription to online tech sites so I can download all of the instructions for interior disassembly, schematics, harness pin-out diagrams, etc. It takes several hours to grab all of the data, but then you can keep it and reference or print it out. I was focusing on 2014-2018 accord audio schematics and harness info.

I noticed that many of the diagrams and instructions on the tech site look identical to the shop manual. The shop manual is crazy detailed but given the number of pages, it also isn't as easy to quickly reference for the audio schematics of interest to many in forums. I like that I was able to download discrete PDFs of schematics that will be easy to share in the forums. I also like that I have a full shop manual for the car now that I am at 107k and will need to start performing some maintenance.

On the tech site I found info on the ELD. And to my surprise, it seems to be the same setup as my 2001 Accord that I did a bypass for. I will soon attempt to fool the 9th gen PCM and try to get voltage up!

Cheers.

I also found out that this exists:

Honda Part No.: 07AAZ-SDBA100
Audio Diagnostics CD

It is a sound quality testing CD with diagnostic tracks. I'll order it and let you know how it turns out.

MackDaddy, sub786, mtts60 and 2 others like this.

2014 Accord Sport
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Accord EX V6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--
--

Last edited by namegoeshere; 01-16-2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: merger
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keep_hope_alive For This Useful Post:
padrel (01-21-2018), Thermal (01-27-2018)
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-16-2018, 05:47 PM
Out of Control

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
It is a 342MB PDF with bookmarks for sections. It's 11,364 pages!!!!!
My printed (paperback) Helm manual is 2-3/4" thick. I don't know how many pages, but easily a few thousand. Glad I got it when I did; they're no longer available. Not in color though.

keep_hope_alive likes this.

2007 Accord SE sedan; I-4 automatic
post #3 of 16 Old 01-16-2018, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Acoustics BSEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtts60 View Post
My printed (paperback) Helm manual is 2-3/4" thick. I don't know how many pages, but easily a few thousand. Glad I got it when I did; they're no longer available. Not in color though.
How much was the paper copy? I didn't know they were even available until I started to research and realized they were out of print.

2014 Accord Sport

2001 Accord EX V6

--
--

post #4 of 16 Old 01-16-2018, 07:10 PM
Out of Control

Garage
About $50 if I remember right. I got it about 2 years ago.

Paper manuals are nice because they have no battery, and who cares if it falls to the floor or gets grease on it? But they are not nice in that it's hard to search for things. That's where a PDF of the book would be real nice. Helm did also offer the same book on CD but when I bought mine the CD was already out of print.

2007 Accord SE sedan; I-4 automatic
post #5 of 16 Old 01-17-2018, 05:53 AM
5th Gear

There are multiple copies of Helm manual for 9th gen on eBay for about $20.

2017 Accord EX I4 w. Sensing Sedan
2005 Accord LX I4 Sedan > the one with a $2500 transmission rebuild
post #6 of 16 Old 01-17-2018, 07:48 AM
Retired IT Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
There are multiple copies of Helm manual for 9th gen on eBay for about $20.

Not even close to OEM factory service manuals. Haynes is NOT Helm.. by a long stretch.

The are what the dealer tech's use (or used to before the digital access revolution.)

Darn shame after the 8th Gens, they became non existent. I've actually got a set of 8th Gen Helm manuals for sale on this site..

And just for reference, they cost me ~ $150.

Lunar Silver / Black
post #7 of 16 Old 01-17-2018, 07:56 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackDaddy View Post
Not even close to OEM factory service manuals. Haynes is NOT Helm.. by a long stretch.
True

It is, however, something that is available for $20, in printed form (some like this), is not from a questionable source, and covers probably 99% of what most people will ever care to attempt doing themselves on those cars.

I would prefer to have a good soft copy too.
MackDaddy and padrel like this.

2017 Accord EX I4 w. Sensing Sedan
2005 Accord LX I4 Sedan > the one with a $2500 transmission rebuild
post #8 of 16 Old 01-18-2018, 07:27 AM
Retired IT Dude

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
True

It is, however, something that is available for $20, in printed form (some like this), is not from a questionable source, and covers probably 99% of what most people will ever care to attempt doing themselves on those cars.
Agreed. I bought one..

Rock on

Lunar Silver / Black
post #9 of 16 Old 01-18-2018, 03:02 PM
BRWNFLSH now

The Helm service manuals were always one of the first things I would buy for my previous Accords. I like to do maintenance and repairs myself, if possible. The factory service manuals would pay for themselves the first time I could avoid bringing the car to the dealership. I bought the Haynes manual for the 9th gen because it's better than nothing.

92 EX Sedan auto (RBM) - sold after 12 years (140k miles)
03 EX V6 Sedan auto (NBP, then Ford Blue) - traded in after 13 years (135k miles)
16 EX I4 CVT with sensing (KCM) - 15,000 miles so far
post #10 of 16 Old 01-20-2018, 06:01 AM
1st Gear

Just got my copy this morning (Thanks keep_hope_alive). The website asks for the year, make and model as well as the vin number. I submitted everything except the vin number - that's something I wont share. Used Paypal just in case they made an issue without the vin, but no problems.

Highly recommend it.
Cheers

2017 Accord V6 Touring - Mine
2012 CRV EX - Hers
1951 Pontiac Fleetleader Deluxe - "The Turd"
post #11 of 16 Old 01-20-2018, 08:49 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdmagnet View Post
Just got my copy this morning (Thanks keep_hope_alive). The website asks for the year, make and model as well as the vin number. I submitted everything except the vin number - that's something I wont share. Used Paypal just in case they made an issue without the vin, but no problems.

Highly recommend it.
Cheers
Which site did you go to get the manual. I am interested in getting one too. Can I pm you?
post #12 of 16 Old 01-21-2018, 05:40 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelnod View Post
Which site did you go to get the manual. I am interested in getting one too. Can I pm you?
Just follow (keep_hope_alive)s post at the top of the thread and search honda manual

2017 Accord V6 Touring - Mine
2012 CRV EX - Hers
1951 Pontiac Fleetleader Deluxe - "The Turd"
post #13 of 16 Old 01-21-2018, 06:21 AM
2nd Gear

Can this thread be made a sticky? Good info here.

Bob
Master Sergeant, USAF (retired)
Wolo Horns; WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors/Sunroof Wind Deflector; AVS Bug Deflector; LasFit Low Beam LEDs; OPT7 Aura Ambient Lighting; Tint; Interior LED Lights; JDM ASTAR Switchback Signals; LGD521 2-channel dash cam; HFP Suspension; Progress 22mm anti-sway bar
The Following User Says Thank You to padrel For This Useful Post:
keep_hope_alive (01-22-2018)
post #14 of 16 Old 01-22-2018, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Acoustics BSEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelnod View Post
anyone can PM me.

if you search for your year Accord on the TradeBit website, you will find the manual you seek. Forum rules prohibit 3rd party links. The Honda Tech link is ok though.

2014 Accord Sport

2001 Accord EX V6

--
--

post #15 of 16 Old 01-27-2018, 10:34 AM
2nd Gear

I bought the $20 shop manual from TradeBit.The Pdf file size however is only 270 some Mb.Not 342 Mb as it was posted here.I also have diff.locating certain stuff in it.Could someone verify their file size and the number of pages please.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.