Question for 2014, 2015 Accord owners - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-11-2018, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
My First Post

Question for 2014, 2015 Accord owners

Hi, I'm looking to buy a certified used 2014 or 2015 Accord Sport with 50,000 miles. Dealer price is $15k for the 2014 model before any haggling.

No one in my family has owned a Honda so I'm here to ask if there are any recalls/annoyances with this model year? ANYTHING at all that is kind of known within the Honda community? Additionally you can add how your experience has been driving the vehicle. CarComplaints has uncomfortable seats with the most complaints (only 37 complaints..).

As far as maintenance/servicing - I see that the transmission is not sealed and is serviceable which is good, but I hear different things regarding the CVT. Is there anything I should know that the average joe does not know/care about? I know theres a lot of Car guys on here.

I like to keep my cars clean and well serviced and expect to drive this car to the ground (well over 250,000 miles), so any input is greatly appreciated. It will mostly see highway miles.

Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-12-2018, 03:16 AM
5th Gear

Check for recalls here:

2013 Sedan EX-L V6 with Nav, 6 speed Auto trans.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-12-2018, 02:58 PM
5th Gear

Me: 2014 Exl 4cyl CVT. 4 years old this march, currently 99,500 miles..Alot of highway.
Oils changes, per MM, about 6500-7500 apart. Filter changed each time.
Other filters as needed.
CVT drained and filled at 40k intervals. I plan a triple DnF at 120,000
I did all pads and rotors at 82k, myself. Changed brake fluid too.
Not one issue with vehicle.. It does everything I expect. It isn't the most luxurious or glamorous but it is pretty nice actually.
I also think it feels like it did new, it's acceleration and stopping. CVT feels the same to me also...
I find it's comfort and power good. I wish there was a little more sound proofing, the road noise, and my only real niggle, the driver's window has an air leak. There is a TSB on it,
Never took it in, and it only got worse. This summer I will take shot at it.
Other than that, a very competent vehicle, and I do like the styling on this gen a lot.
You shouldn't be disappointed, but the V6 auto would rock your world...my only regret

post #4 of 4 Old 01-12-2018, 09:14 PM
1st Gear

Garage
I'll add to the seat complaint list for my 2014 6MY Accord. Doesn't cause any discomfort, just too wide to feel snug and material is soft not as supportive as you would expect. The biggest issue was with the headrest tilted forward, so it was always close to back of my head. Apparently the result of new safety requirements from 2009. I put them in a vice and bent the bars back. Much straighter, more better now. Otherwise, love the styling, great reliability. I also still have a 1995 accord.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.