2014 EX-L Shifter Unlock - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By Miker
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-10-2018, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
My First Post

2014 EX-L Shifter Unlock

Hello -

I just purchased a used 2014 EX-L (from an Audi dealer) and after purchase I noticed what appears to be a missing piece just to the right of the shifter. After doing a little research I guess its the emergency shifter unlock, allowing you to shift out of park and into neutral if certain things have gone wrong and you need a tow? I can't find anything about it in the user manual. My car has a start button and therefore no keys.

How does this thing work?

Thanks,
Lee

Attached Images
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Elvira - the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Hello -

I just purchased a used 2014 EX-L (from an Audi dealer) and after purchase I noticed what appears to be a missing piece just to the right of the shifter. After doing a little research I guess its the emergency shifter unlock, allowing you to shift out of park and into neutral if certain things have gone wrong and you need a tow? I can't find anything about it in the user manual. My car has a start button and therefore no keys.

How does this thing work?

Thanks,
Lee
The key is in the fob. The silver part is the key. Move the lever on the "H" logo side and the key slides out.

You could use the key to push the interlock down. Just don't twist it, it's not necessary.

Since this is a used car from a non-Honda dealer did you receive the owners manual for the car?

If not, you can download one here ....

Lot of goodies in there to read.

Have fun with the new car.

Coupeman likes this.

Mike

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
"Never walk past a mistake " - Colin Powell, retired four-star General
The Following User Says Thank You to Miker For This Useful Post:
RickBlaine (01-10-2018)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.