I want to by your car (from local dealer) letter - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
32Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

I want to by your car (from local dealer) letter

We're offering you x amount of dollars for your Honda.
Sounds like one of those to good to be true deals.

Have any of you ever received that type of letter, if so did you act on it?

Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Roll Tide!

There is a thread on this subject every week from September through March, every single year.

KW2004Accord likes this.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
There is a thread on this subject every week from September through March, every single year.

Really, what is the title under?

2013 V6 Crystal Black Pearl V6 Accord Sedan w/Navi

post #4 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 06:19 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Yes, I did receive a letter like that when I still had my 8th Gen Coupe.

Whatever they are offering, I am sure you can sell the car yourself at a much higher price.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

post #5 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 06:20 PM
5th Gear

I still get them letters for cars I no longer own! I never acted on them in the past.

Honda I own:
2010 Accord Sedan, EX V6
Black on Black

Other rides:
3 big body Cadillacs
85 Fleetwood Brougham d'elegance
90 Brougham d'elegance
05 Deville DTS
post #6 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 06:28 PM
2nd Gear

Very common. They’re hoping to make some money off of your current car or sell you a new car + resell your trade-in. We have a close friend who works at a high-volume Mercedes dealership in the area. Dealers do this usually between winters. It’s seriously surprising to see how many people will roll thousands of negative equity into new car loans.
slimm1469 likes this.

2017 WOP Accord Sport 6MT
Suntek 18% all around/35% on windshield
Avery Dennison Gloss Black Roof Wrap
Manzo Polycarbonate Window Visors
Morimoto XB 5500k HIDs
Full JDM ASTAR LED conversion (interior/exterior)
JDM ASTAR Switchbacks
JDM ASTAR LED Amber Rear Turn Signals
DIYCarModz PNP Resistors
Injen CAI
RV6 PCD
Megan Racing Test Pipe
Tsudo Catback Exhaust
Ktuner
OPT7 Aura LED Interior Lighting Kit
VViViD XPO Interior
Mishimoto Shift Knob
V1 Radar
Rexing V1 Dashcam
post #7 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 06:33 PM

Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,361 Posts
When I was little girl in Russia, we had pony. I had pony, my sister had pony, my cousin had pony. Then pony dealership come and take all pony away. We cry so hard. Now I come America and dealer wants my Accord.

Never!
post #8 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 06:42 PM
Roll Tide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloscda37 View Post
Really, what is the title under?
Oh no you don't! I'm not going to do your searching for you. And besides, there are a lot of clowns (forum members with no couth) that like to use stoopid thread titles, which is rarely policed by the moderators here. As a result, searching by thread titles is about as useless at tits on a frog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelayyat View Post
I still get them letters for cars I no longer own! I never acted on them in the past.
Next time you get one for your old cars, go act on it and post back with results.
Catfisha and datechbpss101 like this.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

post #9 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 07:24 PM
6th Gear

I even get that for a car I sold long ago (6 years). Either shred it or toss it.

2012 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan - Eibach Sway bars, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 100% stock
post #10 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 08:21 PM
DIY Kid/Hypermiler

My mom got one for her 2015 CX-5. I think it was trying to get her to trade in for a 2016(or was it 2017?). Either way, its the same friggin car. They just want more of your money. It will just be an endless cycle of car payments, loan interest, ect. You people need to visit the 7th gen forum more often, that's where we make fun of people who can't manage their finances!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
When I was little girl in Russia, we had pony. I had pony, my sister had pony, my cousin had pony. Then pony dealership come and take all pony away. We cry so hard. Now I come America and dealer wants my Accord.

Never!
You know what rick? I think that is my new favorite quote from you. I'm gonna have to add that to my signature, out of context of course.
RickBlaine and enne like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
Ah so you do have a drinking problem. You do not drink enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
When I was little girl in Russia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropgun View Post
You high?
2006 Honda Accord EX 6-6 Sedan Tafetta White 152K miles. DIY coroplast undertray, hybrid rear diffuser, Odyssey intake spacer milled down to 1.3", Engine block heater, Power steering delete, Acura RSX rims
post #11 of 30 Old 01-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Happy Accord Owner

Total scam to get you to come into the dealer. They use lines like "Your model is in high remand" and stuff like that (even if there is ZERO or low demand for your particular model). Once you're in the dealer, they will try to reel you in saying they can get you a brand new one for the same car payment....leaving out that you only have one year left of payments and the new loan will be for 72 months (and on top of it basically paying full retail price).

My Honda dealer tried that on me once after I took it in for service. I got a message from Honda, specifically left out in the message WHY or what department at the dealer wanted to talk to me. I was less than happy when I called back and it was basically a bait from a salesman who actually had NEVER seen my car playing the whole "your car is in high demand" line. After I declined, I called back and complained to the manager about the tactics of the sales guy of purposely not disclosing why he was calling. No more sales calls from the dealer when I took my car in for service after that...
post #12 of 30 Old 01-10-2018, 06:34 AM
5th Gear

I have gotten those from Honda and GM numerous times. They are form letters sent out to get you in the dealership door and talking. To be honest, I don’t know what actual kind of offer they may make as I’ve never done anything but toss the letters away. But you could always go in and ask them about it, just to see what they do offer you in person with the letter in hand - just walk away if you don’t like what they are saying.

There is an element of truth in the letters though. Some used models do experience peak demand at times so dealerships know they can move them and are looking to get a hold of inventory to sell/ship. There were what, a million vehicles destroyed by hurricane in the USA this year, more by the salt water flooding in Boston and the east with this last winter storm, and now more in California due to flooding and mud slides. So used car demand is high right now.

I even had a form letter from CarMax last month offering great deals in cash or trade on my Accord (I’ve never even been to a CarMax or surfed their web site, so they must just be polling insurance lists or title lists).

Current Honda = 2015 Accord sedan: WOP Ex-L V6-6AT/Nav
Previous Hondas = 2007 Civic Ex Sedan (5spd-AT) & 1973 Civic 1200cc 5spd-MT hatchback
post #13 of 30 Old 01-10-2018, 06:58 AM
V6 6MT CBP

Garage
Welcome to the world or mass mail marketing.
jimijam likes this.

2003 I4-AT LX Sedan (Daughter's car)
2003 V6-6MT HFP Coupe (Son's car)
2015 V6-6MT Coupe
post #14 of 30 Old 01-10-2018, 08:49 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200366HFP View Post
Welcome to the world or mass mail marketing.
Yup, just like all those offers of extended warranties. I still get those for my old civic, which I haven’t owned in over 2 years.

Current Honda = 2015 Accord sedan: WOP Ex-L V6-6AT/Nav
Previous Hondas = 2007 Civic Ex Sedan (5spd-AT) & 1973 Civic 1200cc 5spd-MT hatchback
post #15 of 30 Old 01-10-2018, 08:49 AM
Gearless

Get their highest offer. Then you can sell it for ~20% more private party. You can even say in your ad "Dealer offered 10k, 12k firm." That should eliminate low ballers.

2013 Accord Sedan LX CVT
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.