I want to by your car (from local dealer) letter - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
32Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 30 Old 01-10-2018, 09:27 AM

Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,362 Posts
Buy
By
Bye

KW2004Accord likes this.
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 Old 01-10-2018, 09:35 AM
2nd Gear

Dealers in my area give $10 gift card just for attending and of course free food and drinks...I go there get $10 and test drive new models and then come back home

scar_cle and Das Chicken like this.
post #18 of 30 Old 01-10-2018, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Thanks for the info, wasn't going to act on it if it was true.

I'm very happy with my 13 especially after putting in a new system last summer!

2013 V6 Crystal Black Pearl V6 Accord Sedan w/Navi

post #19 of 30 Old 01-10-2018, 11:40 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Chicken View Post
You people need to visit the 7th gen forum more often, that's where we make fun of people who can't manage their finances!
We do the same thing here. We make fun of the people that made poor life choices and are forced to drive 12 year old high mileage cash cars. Even worse the schlubs that get their hands dirty working on their own Honda. Peasants
RickBlaine and Das Chicken like this.

V6s on V6s
post #20 of 30 Old 01-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Out of Control

I have gotten these letters over the years and it's usually a win-lose. I've had good luck selling to Carmax. Having owned over 50 cars, I have sold my fair share to private people but this day and age, I don't like strangers rollin' up to my crib. Too many sickos out there. The one exception is selling a minivan. I sold the Odyssey 10 years ago and the family came by to buy it and while the adults were talking, their kids were playing on the the swing set with our kids.

I sell to the dealer these days. Less money but very safe.

It is generally true that selling private brings "mo money" but there's always an exception: My '06 Saab 9-3 Combi Wagon was for sale for 3 weeks in the paper and on Cars.com for $9,600. This was well before Saab was shut down by GM.

I didn't get one call or email.

On a whim, after leaving Costco with all my junk in the trunk, I swung by Carmax.

They explained how they are the the second largest auction house in the US and THE largest seller of used cars in the US. "We don't go by the blue book or the black book, we are the book and we set the price".

The agent was talking from behind the computer and spins the monitor around to show me the offer. It read $11,000.

I said, (holding back a watermelon grin) "well, I appreciate how you explained your pricing and I know that KBB is higher, but I think I can live with $11,000".

The cut me a check on the spot, I emptied everything, called the wife to come get me (on stand by just in case they had any offer remotely close to asking price), and we immediately went to the bank to deposit. I was "worried" they'd see the ad in the paper and cancel the deal.

The car was gone in a week to Colorado.

Ex-L 4cyl, White Pearl/Ivory
Honda factory LED Touring Headlight, 3M Di-NOC Bubinga wood vinyl dash trim, Horn Upgrade, LED interior, trunk, license, Splash Guards

II Kings 9:20-"The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he driveth furiously."
post #21 of 30 Old 01-10-2018, 07:36 PM
Rhymes with Mick & Quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Kings 9:20 View Post
I have gotten these letters over the years and it's usually a win-lose. I've had good luck selling to Carmax. Having owned over 50 cars, I have sold my fair share to private people but this day and age, I don't like strangers rollin' up to my crib. Too many sickos out there. The one exception is selling a minivan. I sold the Odyssey 10 years ago and the family came by to buy it and while the adults were talking, their kids were playing on the the swing set with our kids.

I sell to the dealer these days. Less money but very safe.

It is generally true that selling private brings "mo money" but there's always an exception: My '06 Saab 9-3 Combi Wagon was for sale for 3 weeks in the paper and on Cars.com for $9,600. This was well before Saab was shut down by GM.

I didn't get one call or email.

On a whim, after leaving Costco with all my junk in the trunk, I swung by Carmax.

They explained how they are the the second largest auction house in the US and THE largest seller of used cars in the US. "We don't go by the blue book or the black book, we are the book and we set the price".

The agent was talking from behind the computer and spins the monitor around to show me the offer. It read $11,000.

I said, (holding back a watermelon grin) "well, I appreciate how you explained your pricing and I know that KBB is higher, but I think I can live with $11,000".

The cut me a check on the spot, I emptied everything, called the wife to come get me (on stand by just in case they had any offer remotely close to asking price), and we immediately went to the bank to deposit. I was "worried" they'd see the ad in the paper and cancel the deal.

The car was gone in a week to Colorado.
I, too, really enjoy dealing with CarMax . . . . I find their "take it or leave it, Mother Funker" attitude refreshingly honest. They don't play games, and I like that.

As one gets older, he realizes that time is a valuable commodity, more so than money in many cases. Why waste hours on end in a stealership, you know?
Xclimation likes this.

2017 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Sedan CVT MSM/Gray
All stock.

2018 Honda Civic Type R 6MT
All stock, more or less.

Other Cars: BMW 335i xDrive, BMW 550i, BMW M3, Infiniti QX4, Honda Pilot EX-L, Nissan Maxima SE, Nissan Sentra SE-R, Honda Prelude Si, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic Si, Honda Accord EX-L V6
post #22 of 30 Old 01-10-2018, 07:52 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick the Quick View Post
I, too, really enjoy dealing with CarMax . . . . I find their "take it or leave it, Mother Funker" attitude refreshingly honest. They don't play games, and I like that.

As one gets older, he realizes that time is a valuable commodity, more so than money in many cases. Why waste hours on end in a stealership, you know?
Yes and when selling, why waste a Saturday afternoon waiting on some cat to show up who never does and doesn't bother to call. Like the country song goes, "if the phone doesn't ring, it's me".

Ex-L 4cyl, White Pearl/Ivory
Honda factory LED Touring Headlight, 3M Di-NOC Bubinga wood vinyl dash trim, Horn Upgrade, LED interior, trunk, license, Splash Guards

II Kings 9:20-"The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he driveth furiously."
post #23 of 30 Old 01-11-2018, 08:16 AM
1st Gear

I have had these letters at numerous times and also the one that sends you a car key to play some kind of Cinderella raffle. 'Who the key fits wins a new car'. When you go into the dealership. Alas, the key will not fit and sales guys try to work some (CRAZY) deal with you. Does anyones key ever fit? If not is there not some legal grounds to nail the dealership? Just wondering.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ACCORD 2014 EX-L V6 AT

ex owner:
Accord 2007 LX I4 - 190k
Pilot EX-L V6 - 65k
Civic 04 I4 - 49k LX

"Just because the water is brown, It does not mean the tea is brewed."
post #24 of 30 Old 01-11-2018, 09:03 AM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaviae View Post
I have had these letters at numerous times and also the one that sends you a car key to play some kind of Cinderella raffle. 'Who the key fits wins a new car'. When you go into the dealership. Alas, the key will not fit and sales guys try to work some (CRAZY) deal with you. Does anyones key ever fit? If not is there not some legal grounds to nail the dealership? Just wondering.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's actually possible, however very unlikely.

When I got a key code for my Accord, I asked the same thing, seeing how the code is only 4 digits. The parts guy told me that, yes, there is a possibility someone's key can fit in the Accord, but it will likely be a different model, like a Fit or a Civic. And remember, if the ignition chip doesn't match with the car's immobilizer, the car won't start.

Also, don't modern cars all use push button start now? Of course I can press a button.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

2008 Honda Accord Coupť EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 30 Old 01-12-2018, 11:56 AM
DIY Kid/Hypermiler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwxjer View Post
we do the same thing here. We make fun of the people that made poor life choices and are forced to drive 12 year old high mileage cash cars. Even worse the schlubs that get their hands dirty working on their own honda. Peasants
Name: 7088 Transport China Man and women moving a cart of farm produce Xinghe village Shanxi Xian plus.jpg
Views: 102
Size: 55.2 KB
dfwxjer and Catfisha like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
Ah so you do have a drinking problem. You do not drink enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
When I was little girl in Russia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropgun View Post
You high?
2006 Honda Accord EX 6-6 Sedan Tafetta White 152K miles. DIY coroplast undertray, hybrid rear diffuser, Odyssey intake spacer milled down to 1.3", Engine block heater, Power steering delete, Acura RSX rims
post #26 of 30 Old 01-12-2018, 12:14 PM
6th Gear

About as annoying as those empire carpet commercials.

2012 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan - Eibach Sway bars, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 100% stock
post #27 of 30 Old 01-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Roll Tide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
Buy
By
Bye
Just for you

2007 V6 AT Sedan

post #28 of 30 Old 01-16-2018, 05:02 AM
Rhymes with Mick & Quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Kings 9:20 View Post
Yes and when selling, why waste a Saturday afternoon waiting on some cat to show up who never does and doesn't bother to call. Like the country song goes, "if the phone doesn't ring, it's me".
I love private buyers who:

1. Never show for an appointment.
2. Flake out at any point in the selling process for totally unexplained reasons.
3. Try to slash my throat.
4. Emit exquisite body odor that resemble 4-day old raw garbage in the summer in Nevada.
5. Can't get financing after spending an hour negotiating the car price.
6. Try to negotiate by text or email even before looking at the car ("U still have ur 2017 accord exl? Im a poor Millennial student on Medicaid suffering from leprosy and anal wort, can you give me a deal." - see #9 below).
7. Can't really drive stick but pretend they can.
8. Have no qualms about wasting your time.
9. Offer 50% of the NADA/Black Book as "an initial negotiation strategy."
10. Say, "Ever seen the movie called The Hitcher? How about The Deliverance?" while we are on a test drive.

2017 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Sedan CVT MSM/Gray
All stock.

2018 Honda Civic Type R 6MT
All stock, more or less.

Other Cars: BMW 335i xDrive, BMW 550i, BMW M3, Infiniti QX4, Honda Pilot EX-L, Nissan Maxima SE, Nissan Sentra SE-R, Honda Prelude Si, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic Si, Honda Accord EX-L V6
post #29 of 30 Old 01-16-2018, 10:14 AM
5th Gear

I wondered what was up with my local dealer and was worried that they did not want to buy back my car. But today I got this email, so everything is right with the world! I have that warm and fuzzy feeling of knowing that I have a car that they want to buy!

Quote:
...Iím the General Manager of David McDavid Honda Frisco. Iíll cut straight to the point so I donít waste your time. We are looking to purchase and buy back your vehicle, and weíd like to do it this month, if possible. We are offering top dollar for trades right now. Even if you have negative equity in your current vehicle, please bring it down to our dealership and we will work through it. As youíve probably seen on television and online advertising, Honda has really become very generous with their customer offers, and weíre putting an additional kicker on top of those so you get the best Honda deal possible.

Please click on the link below to our website, or call our direct line and say youíve seen this email. As an additional kicker, if you show this email Iíll add an additional $1,000 to your trade-in vehicle. Iíll only honor this $1,000 trade-in until January 31st, 2018. We look forward to seeing you here!
I wonder what vehicle they are referring to here. I should play it cool, take my 7th gen there and see what they say.

2017 Accord EX I4 w. Sensing Sedan
2005 Accord LX I4 Sedan > the one with a $2500 transmission rebuild
post #30 of 30 Old 01-16-2018, 12:04 PM
6th Gear

Garage
I sold my last three cars to private buyers. First guys to come look at them bought them for cash and drove away with them in the same visit they came to do the look over and test drive. Paid my asking price all three times. Guess it matters where you live and whether your asking price is reasonable I guess.

The dealers can go pound sand. You will ALWAYS get screwed in some fashion by trading in a car.

2015 Accord Coupe EX-L HFP V6 M6 in WOP

Rich
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.