zip ties for front license plate 2013 v6 accord ontario - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
17Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 43 Old 01-07-2018, 08:01 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by logos View Post
pretty sure radar detectors are HELLA illegal in Ontario lol. thats what bothers me- from what I have been able to find online, the only reason to have front license plates is so they can clock u from both sides w their money making guns.
You guys have it rough. When I bought my V1, the Valentine website said they would only ship to a Canadian address in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan because these are the only provinces where they are legal.

That said, BC cops now use lazer guns, which have instant readout, so detectors are not as helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC View Post
Never happen in the USA that’s for sure. Being a Republic, the constitution bars the Federal government from sticking its nose in such affairs of each State (that’s what the 10th amendment was all about and why the anti-Federalists wouldn’t ratify the constitution without it). Amongst many things China is not, it is not a democratic Republic.
Fun fact: if a country's name has the word "democratic" in it, it most likely isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelnod View Post
Why not use some 3M double sided tape to stick it onto the bumper, and add some fake plastic screw head to the holes. Should be good enough to escape detection.
It might be annoying to take off in the future.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 01-08-2018, 07:46 AM
2nd Gear

I took the front license plate bracket and flipped it upside down and zip tied it to the inside of the front lower grille. I had to cut the plastic “arm” on the back of it so it would fit seamlessly against the lower grille. It’s very sturdy, looks better IMO, and prevents dirt from building up on the paint behind where the front plate is usually mounted to. Cost about $15 to make my own bumper plugs ($13 for the Honda WOP touch-up paint and about $2 for the rivets).

I spent a few summers in Calgary (Alberta) where no front plate was required. Also, it was cool seeing Supras, FDs, Skyline R3Xs, and Silvias literally every day...

Attached Images
CDsDontBurn and I800C0LLECT like this.

2017 WOP Accord Sport 6MT
Suntek 18% all around/35% on windshield
Avery Dennison Gloss Black Roof Wrap
Manzo Polycarbonate Window Visors
Morimoto XB 5500k HIDs
Full JDM ASTAR LED conversion (interior/exterior)
JDM ASTAR Switchbacks
JDM ASTAR LED Amber Rear Turn Signals
DIYCarModz PNP Resistors
Injen CAI
RV6 PCD
Megan Racing Test Pipe
Tsudo Catback Exhaust
Ktuner
OPT7 Aura LED Interior Lighting Kit
VViViD XPO Interior
Mishimoto Shift Knob
V1 Radar
Rexing V1 Dashcam
post #33 of 43 Old 01-08-2018, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

I did what 17wop6mtcr2 did, only I drilled two holes in the license plate bracket (theres indentations that are perfect for it) and put two bolts with anchors on them through the plastic grill and torqued it down. Not hard enough to cause any damage to the grill, but enough to keep it on. Been driving for a year with it with no problems. It's the best solution if you don't want to drill into the bumper.

These are what I used:
I800C0LLECT likes this.

post #34 of 43 Old 01-09-2018, 06:28 AM
1st Gear

Just get the holes done and bolted correctly. You rather zip tie, have the ties break and your plates leaves your car on the highway only to end up in someone else's car or worse someone's head. And all the associated insurance and legal issues from that. We might not have the same reputation for litigation as the US but we aren't far off.
post #35 of 43 Old 01-09-2018, 06:35 AM

Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotak View Post
We might not have the same reputation for litigation as the US but we aren't far off.
India has more lawyers than any other country- including the USA, as well as more English-speaking lawyers than does the USA. Your country is more litigious than mine.
post #36 of 43 Old 01-09-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
India has more lawyers than any other country- including the USA, as well as more English-speaking lawyers than does the USA. Your country is more litigious than mine.
India's population is also the second most populous one in the world, where 1% of their population (10M people) is roughly equal to 3% of ours (the same 10M people).

2000 2dr. v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Greddy MX Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | Stereo stuff

'97 Thunderbird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake | PI Cams

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness
post #37 of 43 Old 01-09-2018, 11:52 AM
2015 Accord Touring I4

Your welcome.

Attached Images
CDsDontBurn likes this.

2015 Honda Accord Sedan Touring NAVI I4 CVT White Orchard Pearl
2011 Toyota Venza Premium V6 AWD 6AT Blizzard Pearl
2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
2005 Acura TSX I4 5AT Premium White Pearl (Sold)
2002 Honda Civic Coupe SiG Veloz I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
post #38 of 43 Old 01-09-2018, 09:52 PM
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS

Did the upside down bracket thing with zip ties on my old car. Double or triple up on the zip ties if you're worrying about them failing. The bottom might make some scratches too if the ties loosen a bit over time. Looks better on darker cars IMO so I didn't care to do it on my accord.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
CDsDontBurn likes this.

2014 White Orchid Pearl/Ivory Accord EX-L V6 Sedan w/o Navi - CR3 Baby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fav Mods:

Plasti-Dip Chrome Grill Inserts

Gloss Black Vinyl Roof
ExLED Interior+Plate Lights
5000k Morimoto HIDs
2500k Nokya Yellow Fogs
V-LED V3 Triton Switchbacks
Takeda Black SRI
TEIN SB Coilovers+SPC 3-arm Rear Camber Kit
5G TLX V6 FWD 25.4mm (Hollow) RSB
AFD Splitters
8G Accord 19" HFP Wheels
H&R DRM 25mm Rear Spacers
post #39 of 43 Old 01-10-2018, 08:00 AM

^^ Clean 3G TL
sLAKERZ likes this.

2000 2dr. v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Greddy MX Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Eibach Pro Springs | KYB-GR2 Shocks | Eibach Sway Bars | Stereo stuff

'97 Thunderbird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake | PI Cams

post #40 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 10:05 AM
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsDontBurn View Post
^^ Clean 3G TL
Thx. Miss her like no other.
It's a 2G BTW =)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

2014 White Orchid Pearl/Ivory Accord EX-L V6 Sedan w/o Navi - CR3 Baby

Fav Mods:

Plasti-Dip Chrome Grill Inserts

Gloss Black Vinyl Roof
ExLED Interior+Plate Lights
5000k Morimoto HIDs
2500k Nokya Yellow Fogs
V-LED V3 Triton Switchbacks
Takeda Black SRI
TEIN SB Coilovers+SPC 3-arm Rear Camber Kit
5G TLX V6 FWD 25.4mm (Hollow) RSB
AFD Splitters
8G Accord 19" HFP Wheels
H&R DRM 25mm Rear Spacers
post #41 of 43 Old 01-11-2018, 02:06 PM

2G, my bad!

post #42 of 43 Old 01-14-2018, 08:02 PM
Stock Pssh...Yeah right!

This thread is all fail.... but clean 2G FTW!

Traded my Sport for a V6 Coupe
post #43 of 43 Old 01-15-2018, 08:59 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOrchid View Post
I didn't have to drill one hole in my car and still got the plate bolted to the car.
In Poland, like all over EU, a bolted plate is obligatory both in the front and the rear of the car. Like OP, I don't feel like drilling holes in my bumper and will probably follow in your footsteps, but doesn't it impair the air flow too much?
Advertisement

Tags
front grill, license plate, zip ties

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.