zip ties for front license plate 2013 v6 accord ontario - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
16Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 06:07 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by logos View Post
MikeNC- ooh thats nice to learn! See thats the problem tho- why not just standardise it one way or the other? who gains what by going one way or the other. just commit damn it! lol. then i wouldnt be in this dumb situation either not having holes and having to drill or just hey- someone smart has thought of this before and i dont have a problem at all- i can just pop it on and go on my merry way!
Good luck trying to get 10 provinces and 3 territories, or 50 states and 1 district to all agree on just about anything. You’re dealing with regional laws and regulations, not federal. A lot of those separate regional governments first response would be “why the heck should we do anything just because someone else does?” I know that would be Texas’ response

P.s. same thing goes for allowable window tint levels, use of radar detectors, whether or not to observe daylight savings time, and all the other little bizarre differences across both countries.

Current Honda = 2015 Accord sedan: WOP Ex-L V6-6AT/Nav
Previous Hondas = 2007 Civic Ex Sedan (5spd-AT) & 1973 Civic 1200cc 5spd-MT hatchback
Advertisement

post #17 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 06:28 AM
6th Gear

Garage
I didn't have to drill one hole in my car and still got the plate bolted to the car.

2015 Accord Coupe EX-L HFP V6 M6 in WOP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rich
post #18 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 07:08 AM
8TH GEN BELIEVER

I've lived in Dallas for 18 years and have NEVER had a front plate. No police enforcement even when I got gigged for speeding. RESIST!

OEM fogs / 22mm Progress RSB / Ultra Racing FSB / Koni FSDs / Modulo grille / debadged trunk /

Previous cars: 2003 EXL V6 Accord Coupe
1995 Accord EX Sedan
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
1989 Volvo S90 Turbo

post #19 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 07:41 AM

Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,358 Posts
Start a riot in Thailand, then head east to Canada gaining millions of followers!

From Hangover II

post #20 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 07:50 AM
1st Gear

Orrr you could just not put one on and pay the ticket for the once a year or so that you get it.
On my bike I relocated my license plate and deleted the mudflap, as most sport bike riders do, and usually get 1 ticket a year from a super trooper officer named James Casey.
15Accord likes this.

Mods:
K&N SRI
Weathertech floor mats + window visors
A-spec RSX shift knob

2004 Triumph Daytona 600
post #21 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

visionguru lol i know what u mean, but the 1" layer of road salt covering it has already taken care of my car not being a sexy beast anymore . i never actually got a front license plate holder since I bought the car in FL. Maybe they probably didnt give me one... not the most competent of sellers (I kept saying Hondas are great and the dealer kept saying they are good cars. I think i sold the car to myself, really... or that was some next level sales tactic, probably the latter considering i did buy it). yeah ill probably go to the dealership here in Toronto and utilize my extended extra warranty or w/e and make them drill baby drill... it would feel like defeat tho and im all about #winning and #tigerblood.

RickBlaine not going to lie, I have thought about it and im defo pretty enough to pull it off, but i've already spent over a decade getting my professional designation so alas, next life. I will rule with an iron fist tho, none of this nonsense! and once i take over and fix the great Hhwhite north, im coming down south to fix your license plate issues as well! again with an iron fist, naturally. The oppressive license plate man is living on borrowed time! #ironfistsforeveryone . i am taking applications for #2s for each state tho so heads up! having an accord shall be all the qualification needed.

PS: I absolutely LOVE the autocorrect in red. this is my new absolute favourite forum

EDIT: didnt see all those responses lol

MikeNC- thats why the iron fisted rule! once i take over there will be no more license plates at all! total free for all. what could possibly go wrong

WhiteOrchid yeah but the bolting still makes a hole, no? or am i getting bolting wrong haha. either way, i wanna push my no-holes policy as far as I can

slimm1469 yea but thats texas. y'all are way ahead of the rest of us on quite a few issues! I long for the day when I can cap the mailman for being on my property ...

RickBlaine- they would see that coming from miles away tho... also, not a great swimmer . I wish honda sold amphibian kits now

Parisi- i wish. Toronto cops are different. A friend back in college had blue windshield wipers. He got a ticket every single morning at the same place for a week. I kid you not, the bacon explanation was that the blue windshield wiper holders made his car qualify for an "impersonating a snow-removal vehicle". that actually happened, i have seen his tickets. he got them removed eventually but yeah... that happened. pretty sure once they sniff out a 1 plate car they can f with, id be lost . btw how do u get tickets on a bike? Here in Ontario afaik it's illegal for the bacon to chase u if you are on a bike (public and ur safety and other care-bear BS like that). My friends here just put a sweat-thingy arm band over their plate and go ham. Re: trooper James Casey- thought it was a supertroopers refence. dude's hardcore AF it seems. wouldnt try to pull my 1 plate nonsense w him giving me the ticket potentially
RickBlaine likes this.
post #22 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC View Post
Good luck trying to get 10 provinces and 3 territories, or 50 states and 1 district to all agree on just about anything. You’re dealing with regional laws and regulations, not federal. A lot of those separate regional governments first response would be “why the heck should we do anything just because someone else does?” I know that would be Texas’ response

P.s. same thing goes for allowable window tint levels, use of radar detectors, whether or not to observe daylight savings time, and all the other little bizarre differences across both countries.
China has the driver and car licensing as a federal matter, more or less. Provinces still issue plates, but the rules are similar across the board. I don't expect things to change in North America anytime soon.

Personally, I am so used to front license plates that I don't mind. Besides, we have BC Parks license plate or those wacky custom plates. I have a BC Parks one and it looks quite nice.

At least I can still legally have radar detectors, hah.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

post #23 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 12:21 PM
6th Gear

I've yet to see any state require a front license plate on a motorcycle. That would look pretty ghetto IMO. Dump the accord, get a bike.

2012 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan - Eibach Sway bars, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 100% stock
post #24 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

UnknownJinX the good news is that soon they will take over the western world and we can ALL benefit from the benevolence and forethought of the great Chinese Communist Part! I for one welcome our new overlords and hope to not be sent off to a work-camp.

pretty sure radar detectors are HELLA illegal in Ontario lol. thats what bothers me- from what I have been able to find online, the only reason to have front license plates is so they can clock u from both sides w their money making guns.

GPz1100 its -35 C aka -31 F degrees outisde (ok fine WAS like 2 days ago). Even if speedbikes weren't more or less a deathtrap, pretty sure id freeze solid in these temperatures lmao. Bike use is 4-5 months here from what I am told by friends. Also isn't it illegal to dump on accords on this forum? O.o (gasp)

Personally I love the Florida way of doing things- I have friends who have their German EU license plates in the front and that still kosher. if i did that here im pretty sure they would send the RCMP and Canadian SWAT after me.
post #25 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 01:12 PM
6th Gear

Garage
Quote:

WhiteOrchid yeah but the bolting still makes a hole, no? or am i getting bolting wrong haha. either way, i wanna push my no-holes policy as far as I can
As I said, I did NOT drill any holes in my car to mount the plate to the front of my car. I could remove the front plate and the front plate bracket and there would be no holes in my car and you could not tell a front plate had ever been mounted on it. Look at the picture I posted earlier, my front plate bracket is not bolted to the bumper.

2015 Accord Coupe EX-L HFP V6 M6 in WOP

Rich
post #26 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 01:34 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
PS: I absolutely LOVE the autocorrect in red. this is my new absolute favourite forum
You just moved to Canada and already you're using their spellings. So finish your assimilation and bolt the bloody plate on the front bumper, where it belongs!
post #27 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 02:26 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
China has the driver and car licensing as a federal matter, more or less. Provinces still issue plates, but the rules are similar across the board. I don't expect things to change in North America anytime soon.

Personally, I am so used to front license plates that I don't mind. Besides, we have BC Parks license plate or those wacky custom plates. I have a BC Parks one and it looks quite nice.

At least I can still legally have radar detectors, hah.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.
Never happen in the USA that’s for sure. Being a Republic, the constitution bars the Federal government from sticking its nose in such affairs of each State (that’s what the 10th amendment was all about and why the anti-Federalists wouldn’t ratify the constitution without it). Amongst many things China is not, it is not a democratic Republic.

Current Honda = 2015 Accord sedan: WOP Ex-L V6-6AT/Nav
Previous Hondas = 2007 Civic Ex Sedan (5spd-AT) & 1973 Civic 1200cc 5spd-MT hatchback
post #28 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 05:57 PM
3rd Gear

Why not use some 3M double sided tape to stick it onto the bumper, and add some fake plastic screw head to the holes. Should be good enough to escape detection.
post #29 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 06:13 PM
6th Gear

Bolts and nuts, not zip ties.

2008 Coupe V6
post #30 of 41 Old 01-07-2018, 07:37 PM
4th Gear

Garage
Quote:
visionguru lol i know what u mean, but the 1" layer of road salt covering it has already taken care of my car not being a sexy beast anymore . i never actually got a front license plate holder since I bought the car in FL. Maybe they probably didnt give me one... not the most competent of sellers (I kept saying Hondas are great and the dealer kept saying they are good cars. I think i sold the car to myself, really... or that was some next level sales tactic, probably the latter considering i did buy it). yeah ill probably go to the dealership here in Toronto and utilize my extended extra warranty or w/e and make them drill baby drill... it would feel like defeat tho and im all about #winning and #tigerblood.

RickBlaine not going to lie, I have thought about it and im defo pretty enough to pull it off, but i've already spent over a decade getting my professional designation so alas, next life. I will rule with an iron fist tho, none of this nonsense! and once i take over and fix the great Hhwhite north, im coming down south to fix your license plate issues as well! again with an iron fist, naturally. The oppressive license plate man is living on borrowed time! #ironfistsforeveryone . i am taking applications for #2s for each state tho so heads up! having an accord shall be all the qualification needed.

EDIT: didnt see all those responses lol

MikeNC- thats why the iron fisted rule! once i take over there will be no more license plates at all! total free for all. what could possibly go wrong

slimm1469 yea but thats texas. y'all are way ahead of the rest of us on quite a few issues! I long for the day when I can cap the mailman for being on my property ...

RickBlaine- they would see that coming from miles away tho... also, not a great swimmer . I wish honda sold amphibian kits now

Parisi- i wish. Toronto cops are different. A friend back in college had blue windshield wipers. He got a ticket every single morning at the same place for a week. I kid you not, the bacon explanation was that the blue windshield wiper holders made his car qualify for an "impersonating a snow-removal vehicle". that actually happened, i have seen his tickets. he got them removed eventually but yeah... that happened. pretty sure once they sniff out a 1 plate car they can f with, id be lost . btw how do u get tickets on a bike? Here in Ontario afaik it's illegal for the bacon to chase u if you are on a bike (public and ur safety and other care-bear BS like that). My friends here just put a sweat-thingy arm band over their plate and go ham. Re: trooper James Casey- thought it was a supertroopers refence. dude's hardcore AF it seems. wouldnt try to pull my 1 plate nonsense w him giving me the ticket potentially

I bought my car in Florida and I have a front plate bracket. It’s in the plastic in the spare tire well. Including it is on every dealerships pre delivery inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current vehicles
2016 Honda Accord Sport on 20" Lexani wheels wrapped in 245/35/20 tires.
2014 Honda Pilot EX on 20" Range Rover Sport wheels wrapped in 275/50/20 tires.

Former vehicles
It may be easier to say what I haven't had.
Advertisement

Tags
front grill, license plate, zip ties

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.