When to Replace Battery - 2017 Accord LX - Page 4 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
13Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 53 Old 12-22-2017, 03:33 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyV6 View Post
Is that two words?

One word. Three syllables. I split the difference...

2013 MSM V6 Sport Sedan
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 Old 12-23-2017, 09:10 AM
3rd Gear

My 2013 factory battery still works fine although I have the factory parts to install a 24F at a moments notice....

2013 Accord EX Sedan Modern Steel Metallic
Upgraded headlight bulbs
LED interior and trunk lights
Deck lid spoiler
Pilot OEM horns (no more road runner beep-beep)
Condenser screen (Frost King gutter screen)
Dual Exhaust (Magnaflow copies and factory tips)(Soon to be quieter with OEM type mufflers July '17)

Other vehicles-
2013 GMC Acadia Denali (wife's new car)
1994 Chev K1500 ext cab
1992 Chev S10 Blazer (wife's old car)
1987 Dodge Ram / D50 (my old commuter)
post #48 of 53 Old 12-23-2017, 05:37 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbwa View Post
My 2013 factory battery still works fine although I have the factory parts to install a 24F at a moments notice....
Have you tried any crude testing to see if it is still in good shape?

post #49 of 53 Old 12-24-2017, 07:49 AM
3rd Gear

No. It sits outside 365 and today its 15f and cranked a tid slower but fired right up....

Upgraded headlight bulbs
Deck lid spoiler
Dual Exhaust (Magnaflow copies and factory tips)(Soon to be quieter with OEM type mufflers July '17)

Other vehicles-
1994 Chev K1500 ext cab
post #50 of 53 Old 12-24-2017, 09:56 PM
6th Gear

Those going with the 24F batteries, what's the justification? Our '15 will be 3 years old in about 4 months. During the really cold days in chicago (so far teens to mid 30's F), cranking has been slightly on the slower side but the engine still fires up within a few seconds and minimal cranking. There's rarely any accessory use with the car off. Debating if it's worth the hassle to install a 24F battery in the future.

2012 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan - Eibach Sway bars, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 100% stock
post #51 of 53 Old 12-25-2017, 06:22 AM
4th Gear

How about changing it when it no longer works properly? If you are really worried about it, buy one in advance and install it when the old one goes bad.
post #52 of 53 Old 12-25-2017, 08:17 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
Those going with the 24F batteries, what's the justification? Our '15 will be 3 years old in about 4 months. During the really cold days in chicago (so far teens to mid 30's F), cranking has been slightly on the slower side but the engine still fires up within a few seconds and minimal cranking. There's rarely any accessory use with the car off. Debating if it's worth the hassle to install a 24F battery in the future.
It really isnt that much a hassle. The factory parts are reasonable and very easy to swap. As I stated my 2013 is still working fine but when I do replace itll be a 24F as I have all the parts ready....

Upgraded headlight bulbs
Deck lid spoiler

Other vehicles-
1994 Chev K1500 ext cab
post #53 of 53 Old 12-27-2017, 03:03 PM
2014 V6 EXL Sedan

My 4.5yr old 24F in V6 is cranking more slowly but it was -2 F this morning and it still started the car.

For those with the I4s, don't see why you wouldn't just upgrade to the 24F as it is probably the same or similar price and you'll have better reserves.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.