New Recall: BSM (Battery Status Monitor) sensor - Page 18 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
42Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #256 of 297 Old 12-05-2017, 01:59 PM
6th Gear

Re: washing. I did tell the service advisor not to have the car washed. I think that request got as far as the SA's left ear and never made it anywhere else. This time I'm taping a note to the middle of the dash with the words "DO NOT WASH" in bold.

2012 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan - Eibach Sway bars, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 100% stock
Advertisement

post #257 of 297 Old 12-05-2017, 03:26 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
Re: washing. I did tell the service advisor not to have the car washed. I think that request got as far as the SA's left ear and never made it anywhere else. This time I'm taping a note to the middle of the dash with the words "DO NOT WASH" in bold.
And why you be thinkin' that will work any better?

2013 MSM V6 Sport Sedan
post #258 of 297 Old 12-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronch View Post
Sounds like Mohawk hasn't changed their stripes since I bought an Accord 2-dr hatchback from them last century.
When I moved here in 2005 they were in the old Schenectady location then a few years later they now occupy a now defunct Chevy dealer (Salisbury). I kind of liked them when they were small.

2009 CRV LX
2014 Accord EXL-V6
2015 CRV Touring
2017 Ridgeline RTS

post #259 of 297 Old 12-05-2017, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

On that day, nothing happened - the light was on the entire time i was driving, even when at a complete stop. But, today, things are back to normal. I did the TPMS reset and that is back to working as well.

Sorry, I was trying to reply to a specific post, but messed that up (new to the forum).
post #260 of 297 Old 12-08-2017, 08:16 AM
6th Gear

Replacement was relatively uneventful. Took about 10 minutes in addition to the 45 minute wait before the car actually entered the shop. Advisor mentioned they're doing about 50-75 of these a day.

post #261 of 297 Old 12-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Out of Control

Took it in a 9:20 out by 10:40. I had responded to an email in the fall where the dealer inquired if I wanted to trade in my Accord. I replied that I intended on keeping the V6. Well today, they were aware of this correspondence and asked me if I was interested in checking out on of the leftover V6's in the showroom. I politely declined. They approached everyone in the waiting room even if their car was brand new just to give out business cards. If 1-2% respond and they see 100 cars per day that's 50 cars a week for trade in and maybe 50 new sales.

Question, they said I had 8mm left on the right front and right rear pads. How can they do this without pulling the tires? Or did they pull the tires and the locks with a master key? I might as well check the trunk now to see if they used my key.

2009 CRV LX
2014 Accord EXL-V6
2015 CRV Touring
2017 Ridgeline RTS
post #262 of 297 Old 12-08-2017, 09:25 AM
6th Gear

With some wheels it's possible see how much brake pad is left. I don't believe I can with the stock wheels on ours. Maybe through the backside?

Maybe it's just a number they pulled out of their
14v6 likes this.

post #263 of 297 Old 12-08-2017, 10:24 AM
BRWNFLSH now

If they have a good enough camera they can reach inside the wheel and snap a picture through the caliper window.

92 EX Sedan auto (RBM) - sold after 12 years (140k miles)
03 EX V6 Sedan auto (NBP, then Ford Blue) - traded in after 13 years (135k miles)
16 EX I4 CVT with sensing (KCM) - 15,000 miles so far
post #264 of 297 Old 12-08-2017, 10:48 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14v6 View Post
Took it in a 9:20 out by 10:40. I had responded to an email in the fall where the dealer inquired if I wanted to trade in my Accord. I replied that I intended on keeping the V6. Well today, they were aware of this correspondence and asked me if I was interested in checking out on of the leftover V6's in the showroom. I politely declined. They approached everyone in the waiting room even if their car was brand new just to give out business cards. If 1-2% respond and they see 100 cars per day that's 50 cars a week for trade in and maybe 50 new sales.

Question, they said I had 8mm left on the right front and right rear pads. How can they do this without pulling the tires? Or did they pull the tires and the locks with a master key? I might as well check the trunk now to see if they used my key.
Most mechanics have a tool like a dentist's mirror to check inner brake pads. Then they will give you an estimate of mms remaining.
Blackheart likes this.

Current car:

2016 Honda Accord Sport 6MT, Modern Steel Metallic

Purchased April 15, 2016. Current mileage at 11,000 miles as of September 15, 2017

Mods:

aFe Pro dry S panel filter

35% tint all around except windshield

Diode Dynamics smd2 license plate bulbs 6000k

Previous cars:

1993 Honda Civic EX Coupe 5MT, Amazon Green Pearl

1994 Acura Integra LS 5MT, Milano Red
post #265 of 297 Old 12-08-2017, 11:21 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan2014 View Post
Most mechanics have a tool like a dentist's mirror to check inner brake pads. Then they will give you an estimate of mms remaining.
Actually, most dentists have a tool that looks like a mechanic's mirror, to check inner tooth surfaces.

"Synthetic" is not a literal definition of a laboratory-created base lubricant, it has been a marketing term since the Castrol Mobil-1 lawsuit in the 1990's.
post #266 of 297 Old 12-08-2017, 11:30 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan2014 View Post
Actually, most dentists have a tool that looks like a mechanic's mirror, to check inner tooth surfaces. [IMG class=inlineimg]http://radio-pro.ru/forums/images/DriveAccord_vbtoucan/smilies/tango_face_angel.png[/IMG]
Lol.

Current car:

2016 Honda Accord Sport 6MT, Modern Steel Metallic

Purchased April 15, 2016. Current mileage at 11,000 miles as of September 15, 2017

Mods:

aFe Pro dry S panel filter

35% tint all around except windshield

Diode Dynamics smd2 license plate bulbs 6000k

Previous cars:

1993 Honda Civic EX Coupe 5MT, Amazon Green Pearl

1994 Acura Integra LS 5MT, Milano Red
post #267 of 297 Old 12-08-2017, 04:43 PM
6th Gear

Garage
Regardless, 8mm is a lot of brake pad material left. They were just counting on you thinking 8mm sounds like such a small amount that you'd better replace them. Geez I hate these douchey tactics.
Blackheart likes this.

2015 Accord Coupe EX-L HFP V6 M6 in WOP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rich
post #268 of 297 Old 12-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOrchid View Post
Regardless, 8mm is a lot of brake pad material left. They were just counting on you thinking 8mm sounds like such a small amount that you'd better replace them. Geez I hate these douchey tactics.
Not really, they had a boxes colored green yellow and red and >5mm was green. I know I had plenty of pad left based when taking a peek when rotating tires I was just curious how they came to that number.

I have a dash cam that only operates when the vehicle is running or in the 2nd push. They definitely chirped my tires and cursed a lot. Seems like they spent a lot of time trying to reset the radio. They must have caught onto the cam because there is no footage of them driving the car from the repair area to the pickup area. I have absolutely no confidence in these dealers after viewing what goes on in the repair area. Definitely not confidence inspiring. Alll the effort is spent on paperwork, cross selling and the front office. Also when a dealer boasts that they do 100 cars per day I don't think that translates to quality time spent on your vehicle. Once the Hondacare expires, time to find a business that values their reputation and doesn't have a high turnover rate. That would rule out dealers and chains.

2009 CRV LX
2014 Accord EXL-V6
2015 CRV Touring
2017 Ridgeline RTS
post #269 of 297 Old 12-09-2017, 06:11 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Not really, they had a boxes colored green yellow and red and >5mm was green. I know I had plenty of pad left based when taking a peek when rotating tires I was just curious how they came to that number.

I have a dash cam that only operates when the vehicle is running or in the 2nd push. They definitely chirped my tires and cursed a lot. Seems like they spent a lot of time trying to reset the radio. They must have caught onto the cam because there is no footage of them driving the car from the repair area to the pickup area. I have absolutely no confidence in these dealers after viewing what goes on in the repair area. Definitely not confidence inspiring. Alll the effort is spent on paperwork, cross selling and the front office. Also when a dealer boasts that they do 100 cars per day I don't think that translates to quality time spent on your vehicle. Once the Hondacare expires, time to find a business that values their reputation and doesn't have a high turnover rate. That would rule out dealers and chains.
Why wait? Warranty doesn't depend on maintenance servicing through a dealer.

2013 MSM V6 Sport Sedan
post #270 of 297 Old 12-10-2017, 05:25 AM
2014 V6 EXL Sedan

Quote:

Hence why I started DIYing everything that I could

Advertisement

Tags
recall safety

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.