New Recall: BSM (Battery Status Monitor) sensor - Page 14 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
42Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #196 of 297 Old 09-20-2017, 01:32 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronch View Post
Has anyone seen a list of VINs actually included in this recall, or manufacturing lot number(s) for BSM that are defective? The VIN for my '16 EX CVT Coupe keeps coming up negative on Honda's site and I didn't get a letter about the BSM recall from them.

Otherwise, do I have to take it on "faith" that my BSM is ok? And without seeing one that's actually defective, I have no baseline for comparison to tell if mine looks ok.
Disconnect the BSM and examine it. If it does not have the punch mark (see post #107, #142, #143), then it should be sealed or replaced according to TSB.

2017 Accord LX Sedan CVT (US Model)
Lunar Silver/Grey
Advertisement

post #197 of 297 Old 09-29-2017, 01:58 PM
Superbikes do it better

The "Temporary" Repair

If anyone is wondering what the "temporary" Konishi Bond repair looks like....here it is. I wasn't happy with it, so I said screw it and bought the new updated part.

Attached Images

"Trust but verify" - Ronald Reagan
post #198 of 297 Old 09-29-2017, 02:03 PM
6th Gear

What's wrong with that. It's an epoxy to seal the component from moisture ingress.

2012 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan - Eibach Sway bars, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 100% stock
The Following User Says Thank You to GPz1100 For This Useful Post:
Hematitis (10-01-2017)

post #199 of 297 Old 09-29-2017, 03:41 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
What's wrong with that. It's an epoxy to seal the component from moisture ingress.
And it's only a temporary fix until Honda dealers have enough replacement BSM to install.

But it's your money...
post #200 of 297 Old 09-29-2017, 08:37 PM
Superbikes do it better

Quote:
And it's only a temporary fix until Honda dealers have enough replacement BSM to install.

But it's your money...
Parts availability appears to be a misconception. My local Honda dealership literally had 50 of the updated battery management sensors in stock. And they weren't certain how Honda was going to determine which of the "temporary" repairs got called back for replacement. They made it sound as if "temporary" could become "permanent." I'm not waiting, these things are too cheap.

post #201 of 297 Old 09-29-2017, 11:01 PM
6th Gear

Quote:

But it's your money...
I know it's a temporary fix. I was saying to the previous poster, what is wrong with the temp fix?

2012 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan - Eibach Sway bars, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 100% stock
post #202 of 297 Old 09-30-2017, 06:30 AM
BRWNFLSH now

They might be excluding areas where there is no chance of road salt intrusion into the sensor, at least for now. If I check for the recall by simply entering 2016 EX the battery sensor recall comes up. If I check using the VIN it says no recalls for my car. My sensor has no punch mark, but it did test good.
Miker likes this.

92 EX Sedan auto (RBM) - sold after 12 years (140k miles)
03 EX V6 Sedan auto (NBP, then Ford Blue) - traded in after 13 years (135k miles)
16 EX I4 CVT with sensing (KCM) - 15,000 miles so far
post #203 of 297 Old 09-30-2017, 09:42 AM
Elvira - the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustButVerify View Post
If anyone is wondering what the "temporary" Konishi Bond repair looks like....here it is. I wasn't happy with it, so I said screw it and bought the new updated part.
Does the new part have the following P/N on the invoice?

38920-T2A-A04

Curious where you purchased this as I have been looking online myself and I can get the "NEW" p/n for 28.00 !!

How is it I can PURCHASE the new part but can't get one replaced right now and forego the goop fix step?

TIA

Mike

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
"Never walk past a mistake " - Colin Powell, retired four-star General
post #204 of 297 Old 09-30-2017, 11:51 AM
5th Gear

I stopped at the dealer this week to pick up the touch-up paint I ordered. So I asked about this TSB. They looked up my VIN and it isn't on the list for the recall, but for now, it doesn't matter because they don't have the replacement part in stock, and made no mention of the temporary fix.

Guess I will have to take the BSM off and look for the punch since BLCKFLSH said his VIN isn't listed either and his BSM doesn't have a punch mark.
post #205 of 297 Old 09-30-2017, 03:16 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustButVerify View Post

38920-T2A-A04

Curious where you purchased this as I have been looking online myself and I can get the "NEW" p/n for 28.00 !!

How is it I can PURCHASE the new part but can't get one replaced right now and forego the goop fix step?

TIA
A04 is the correct part number
Miker likes this.

2017 Accord LX Sedan CVT (US Model)
Lunar Silver/Grey
post #206 of 297 Old 09-30-2017, 03:50 PM
Elvira - the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo1 View Post
A04 is the correct part number
Thanks Hondo1

At this point I'm willing to spend the $$ to get the replacement way before the dealer can get me a replacement after the Konishi temporary "fix".

Some dealers won't have it as I've found, but third party Honda parts stores have them. At least they don't say "out-of-stock" or back-ordered.

My BSM measured OK so I didn't even get the Konishi done.

I'll send the invoice in later and see if Honda will reimburse.

Mike

2013 EX-L V6/6A (no nav) sedan CBP
"vita est brevis, vado pro V6" - Me
"Speak only when you feel that your words are better than your silence." - Anonymous
"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."- Benjamin Franklin
"Never walk past a mistake " - Colin Powell, retired four-star General
post #207 of 297 Old 09-30-2017, 04:11 PM
Superbikes do it better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker View Post

38920-T2A-A04

TIA
Absolutely.....I was sold the updated "A04" sensor. I checked several online references for the updated part number before calling local dealers for price and availability. I was considering purchasing the part online, but in many cases there was very little $$ advantage after adding shipping. And yes, I was thinking the same thing as I walked out of the dealership with new part in hand....Why can't they just install the replacement BMS in the first place? The supply can't be that bad if I can swoop in, pay cash and install the revised "A04" BMS myself.
Attached Images
08EX-L and Miker like this.

post #208 of 297 Old 10-10-2017, 12:58 PM
1st Gear

anyone in Canada have the part replaced yet? Replacement parts were to be available in the Fall.
post #209 of 297 Old 10-10-2017, 02:09 PM
2015 Accord Touring I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelk799 View Post
anyone in Canada have the part replaced yet? Replacement parts were to be available in the Fall.
I was told the same thing.

2015 Honda Accord Sedan Touring NAVI I4 CVT White Orchard Pearl
2011 Toyota Venza Premium V6 AWD 6AT Blizzard Pearl
2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
2005 Acura TSX I4 5AT Premium White Pearl (Sold)
2002 Honda Civic Coupe SiG Veloz I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
post #210 of 297 Old 10-11-2017, 09:24 AM
2nd Gear

I was just in last week for oil change, tire rotation, and specifically asked them to check for TSB. They checked my VIN and said I was NOT in the VINS for fix.
And yet the TSB says all 2016. I have an MSM 2016 Touring.
While not in an area like Toronto for salt in winter, we do have salt on the highways as we are in a mountainous area, right near Mt Washington, so I would have thought if salt was the criteria that we would qualify.
Don

Advertisement

Tags
recall safety

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.