Shopping for '13 Accord EX-L V6 Coupes (post-accident) - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
6Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Honda/Sound Enthusiast

Shopping for '13 Accord EX-L V6 Coupes (post-accident)

So, as noted in my signature, I was driving a 2011 Accord EX-L V6 Automatic Coupe. Car was pristine, I babied it so hard, and wouldn't let the smallest mark accumulate on the car.

Well..

An old gentleman pulled out in front of me from a Dunkin Donuts parking lot, so close that I could not stop. Ended up hitting their driver's side, front left right between the tire and their left headlight. Both cars were totaled on the scene. It's been determined I was not at any sort of fault, so I will be receiving a check from their insurance company for the KBB of my car, which includes the $2000 worth of audio equipment I had in the car.

Anyways, back to the topic.

Tomorrow, I will be going to a dealership to look at two different 2013 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe Automatics (figured I'd upgrade a little, always wanted one and now's the chance) and I've narrowed it down to two options, both are fully loaded EX-Ls minus nav.

One is modern steel metallic, has 26,418 miles on it, and a clean carfax.
The second one is still night pearl, has 42,309 miles on it, and also has a clean carfax.

They're both at the same dealership, and they want $19,999 for both of the cars. However, I can't quite understand the same price on both cars when one has ~16,000 more miles on it? I'm leaning towards the still night pearl, but I can't justify paying the same for that many more miles already, I'm going to be commuting 300 miles a week for school five days a week for the rest of the college school year, and lower miles would be better, but I'm in love with that still night pearl

If you guys were in my situation, what would you do? Talk the dealer down on the still night pearl with more miles, or go for the modern steel metallic with less miles? The modern steel metallic also has ~20% tint on the windows, which I planned on doing to whatever my next car ended up being. I'm just not sure I want the MSM because my last car was also modern steel metallic, and I always wanted an 8th gen coupe in the blue that it came in, but could never find one in a good price range.

Thanks guys!

RIP Bullet

Attached Images

96 Accord EX Sedan Black Auto 4AT - 204k (retired)
03 Accord EX V6 Coupe SSM 5AT - 101k (totaled)
11 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe MSM 5AT - 85k (totaled)

14 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe MSM 6AT - 22k (current daily)
-Full Alpine Type R Speaker System
-Dual Alpine Amps
-JL Audio 10 inch sub
-Metra double-din dash kit w/ Kenwood DNX893S
-Progress 22mm RSB
-Borla Axleback Type-S Exhaust
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 03:29 PM
5th Gear

No brainer for me MSM and I would also try and talk them down. See what people have been paying in your area.

You could always wrap the MSM in a blue

and ouch! Glad everyone is okay

2015 Accord EX-L Coupe V6 Alabaster Silver

Mods to come soon...

I take pictures of cars!...Some of them look nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Honda/Sound Enthusiast

Mikey40508 I've gotta say, I do really love modern steel metallic, I'm a little biased because I had it on my last car which I LOVED. The car also hardly showed any scratches (not that I let them accumulate anyways..) or swirl marks. I take care of my cars extremely well, but working and going to school five days a week doesn't leave a lot of free time to be super particular about the car, even though I do plan on getting some cleaning supplies and microfiber cloths this time around. I usually just ended up bringing my '11 through a touchless carwash most of the time due to time constraints, but it never saw a carwash with anything that touched the car at all.

-Dual Alpine Amps
-JL Audio 10 inch sub
-Progress 22mm RSB

post #4 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 06:49 PM
5th Gear

Silver has the benefit of not seeing any imperfections but it is hard to bring out the shine in.

Noticed this one is for sale and it has been for 70+ days. It's honda certified and has less miles but the price is 22k. You could probably talk them down a couple grand? Either way I don't see why you would pay the same price for a car that has 16K more miles, plus it sounds like you'll be commuting a lot so you'll rack up the miles quickly.

This is all my opinion of course.

2015 Accord EX-L Coupe V6 Alabaster Silver

Mods to come soon...

I take pictures of cars!...Some of them look nice.

post #5 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 06:59 PM
6th Gear

RIP Bullet is a lot better than RIP Nick. Good that you are OK.
Is there damage to the car that's not apparent? I've seen worse.

Personally I'd go for the lower mileage car.
You can't see much of the color when you are driving anyway.
post #6 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Honda/Sound Enthusiast

Definitely will keep that one in mind as I look around, the Honda certified is never a bad thing.

MSM:
SNP:

I need to go look at them tomorrow before I'd even make a decision, I'm looking for an immaculate car for the most part.. which is hard to come by unless you're buying from someone as meticulous as I am with my cars. The dealer I talked to on the phone earlier today seemed to try to be convincing me that the blue one was in extremely good shape.. I'll be the judge of that

-Dual Alpine Amps
-JL Audio 10 inch sub
-Progress 22mm RSB
post #7 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Honda/Sound Enthusiast

VFR4Lee Thanks, I agree it's definitely better RIP bullet than RIP Nick. I loved the car, but it's just a car in the end and I'll get another one. No more obvious damage really, the passenger side is the worst, (which is what you see) the driver side isn't nearly as bad. Worst part is my girlfriend was with me, and she put her arm up (natural reaction) and the airbag deployment on her side hit it and she ended up fracturing her wrist. Talking to a lawyer tomorrow about getting her medical bills covered. I agree to some extent about the not seeing the color all the time thing, but I'm the type of person to turn around four times when I'm walking away from my car and be like, "damn I have a good looking car", and I liked my MSM on my last coupe, but I love that SNP. Like I said, I'll be going to look at both tomorrow, they're on the same lot. I'll end up deciding based on which one is in better cosmetic condition, and I plan on having them put the car on a lift so I can see the undercarriage as well, and bringing my dad with me who's been an Automotive Technician for 25+ years to check the car from head to toe.

Here's a picture of the car from head on (the back is virtually untouched)

The shop my car ended up pulling into after the collision actually had 1080p security cameras that recorded their lot and the entire street the accident occurred on. They already submitted the video to the police station and even told me over the phone that "we're 100% certain there's nothing you could have done to avoid that car". I plan on getting a copy of the video tomorrow. The red Ford in the street is the one that pulled out in front of me as you can see from where I hit it, front drivers side.

Poor car, was quite a stunner before she was in the accident.
Attached Images

-Dual Alpine Amps
-JL Audio 10 inch sub
-Progress 22mm RSB
post #8 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 07:29 PM
6th Gear

Ahh, looks a lot worse from that angle.

Quote:
she ended up fracturing her wrist.
They seem to go for surgery every time these days, hello orthopedic?
Hello, insurance? Hopefully it's not too bad.
post #9 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 07:46 PM
6th Gear

Brand loyalty is great, but perhaps there are other cars that you're interested in too? Maybe an opportunity to get something different....?

2012 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan - Eibach Sway bars, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 100% stock
post #10 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 07:48 PM
4th Gear

Garage
Not a fan of the blue, plus blue Honda paints of the past have had a bad rap. MSM is a great color, no doubt one of my favorites! Looking at your pic I notice the Ford wheel folded under! Glad everyone is ok.

2012 Honda Accord EX-L "Jazmine"
45K miles
PPPP 0w20 / Fram Ultra
post #11 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Honda/Sound Enthusiast

VFR4Lee Yeah, unfortunately it is a lot worse when you look at it from the front haha. I think all will work out well, she may not need surgery, they have her using a brace right now and they want to do more xrays in a few weeks time to see if it's getting better.
GPz1100 It's not necessarily brand loyalty, it's more the Accord has everything I'm looking for in a car. Extremely safe car, (saved me a lot of potential damage to my body in the accident) fairly good gas mileage, good power and comfort with the V6 and 6-speed auto, (don't want to deal with a stick in traffic) sharp looking car, and reliable. Barely had any issues with any of the Hondas I've owned, I gave my 1996 Accord to my younger brother when he started driving, car has over 204,000 miles and hasn't had one major issue yet.

-Dual Alpine Amps
-JL Audio 10 inch sub
-Progress 22mm RSB
post #12 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Honda/Sound Enthusiast

greg24 I like the blue, just concerned it's gonna be more purple looking in different lighting than blue. I really just want a "blue" car, not a "blue/purple" car depending on the lighting. At least I know I'll like MSM, because I liked it a lot on my '11 coupe, and I doubt this one is gonna change my mind about that.

-Dual Alpine Amps
-JL Audio 10 inch sub
-Progress 22mm RSB
post #13 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 07:58 PM
4th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnick2dmaxx View Post
greg24 I like the blue, just concerned it's gonna be more purple looking in different lighting than blue. I really just want a "blue" car, not a "blue/purple" car depending on the lighting. At least I know I'll like MSM, because I liked it a lot on my '11 coupe, and I doubt this one is gonna change my mind about that.
Well, I have to say the blue on the 9th gen coupe does have a purplish tinge to it (at least to my eye), the blue on the 8th gen was more attractive IMO. I would go with the MSM if I were you, plus the car has fewer miles.

2012 Honda Accord EX-L "Jazmine"
45K miles
PPPP 0w20 / Fram Ultra
post #14 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Honda/Sound Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg24 View Post
Well, I have to say the blue on the 9th gen coupe does have a purplish tinge to it (at least to my eye), the blue on the 8th gen was more attractive IMO. I would go with the MSM if I were you, plus the car has fewer miles.
Will definitely have to agree that the blue is better looking on the 8th gen. After looking at the two cars tomorrow I'll make a final decision, I'll probably end up going with the one that the dealer is willing to give me a better deal on. Doesn't sound like they're willing to budge much on the price of the still night pearl coupe, he tried to tell me "every time we get an Accord in that color it's gone in days" which I kinda doubt.

-Dual Alpine Amps
-JL Audio 10 inch sub
-Progress 22mm RSB
post #15 of 44 Old 10-05-2016, 09:13 PM
5th Gear

What about the coupe 6-6?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2016 Accord Sport
Advertisement

Tags
8th gen, 9th gen, car shopping, totaled

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.