Katzkin Leather Seats - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
4Likes
  • 2 Post By BobaPanda
  • 2 Post By Sparticle
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-01-2016, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Gearless

Katzkin Leather Seats

I've heard some people say Katzkin aftermarket leather seats are better than the factory leather. I have cloth seats in my LX and wondering if it's worth the upgrade. I was quoted around $800. I think the cloth in 2013 LX is pretty bad. Also the new leather smell would be nice. My car is getting a little musty. It's been a hot summer.

2013 Accord Sedan LX CVT
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-01-2016, 03:17 PM
5th Gear

I've heard that too. You can get some nice color combinations too. There's someone who has posted pics of their custom leather. It was a tobacco brown and black two tone, very pretty.

When I was shopping a few years ago I think I was quoted a higher number to have leather installed. Does that $800 include installation?

2014 Accord Hybrid EX-L in Obsidian Blue Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-01-2016, 04:22 PM
1st Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk734 View Post
I've heard some people say Katzkin aftermarket leather seats are better than the factory leather. I have cloth seats in my LX and wondering if it's worth the upgrade. I was quoted around $800. I think the cloth in 2013 LX is pretty bad. Also the new leather smell would be nice. My car is getting a little musty. It's been a hot summer.
I was just in a Subaru dealership this week and they tried to sell me on the Katzkin being great aftermarket ones, and I saw a car they had in the showroom with it, its nice stuff, I'll consider it after my cloth wears out to help extend the life.
I'm curious though, are there spots in the EX besides the seats that are leather that we'd want to get leather as well, if we used them later on? Like the steering wheel etc?

post #4 of 10 Old 09-01-2016, 05:23 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk734 View Post
$800's a good price. I paid $1500 for mine in the DFW area for perforations + contrast stitching. Seats were 1299 installed then perforation or contrast stitching were $100 each.

My car was also an LX and I thought it was nice to have although it does get much warmer in the summers.

They included the stitching on the center console, and I was hoping it would include the side panels as well but it did not.

mbk734 and Albert Rocha like this.

2013 White Orchid Pearl Accord LX

6k Kensun HID's
exLED DRL Strip 6k
exLED LED Fog Lights 6k
exLED Custom LED Reflector
exLED Custom Interior Kit 5k
Footwell LED's
Katzkin Leather - Black with red stitching
Black Gloss Roof
The Following User Says Thank You to BobaPanda For This Useful Post:
Albert Rocha (09-02-2016)
post #5 of 10 Old 09-01-2016, 06:10 PM
4th Gear

BobaPanda's price is about right. The Katzkin leather also provides additional padding for those complaining about the stiff seats in another thread. The leather is much softer and nicer than OEM. After installation, I also noticed less lint floating around the cabin. Opted not to get perforated because it traps odors and dirt easier and spills go right to the cushion. This was a DIY for me because I didn't want to pay for a quick job some of the upholstery shops do. That's why a lot of photos you may have seen from other members' seats look loose. The covers require a little time to massage into the cushion to look fitted.
Attached Images
mbk734 and white3actual like this.

'16 Accord EX 6MT LSM
post #6 of 10 Old 09-01-2016, 06:16 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Opted not to get perforated because it traps odors and dirt easier and spills go right to the cushion.
Good thought. Now, if your are wearing the leather on you, perfs can help you stay cool.
But, that's very different then. Nevermind.
post #7 of 10 Old 09-01-2016, 06:35 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR4Lee View Post
Good thought. Now, if your are wearing the leather on you, perfs can help you stay cool.
But, that's very different then. Nevermind.
You see perforated leather on some cars because they have seat cooling and the air needs to ventilate. Perforated leather does look better, but I feel it does not provide any noticeable cooling. If I'm on my way home after a workout, I feel my sweat and odor will go into the seat and soon it'll smell like a gym.

'16 Accord EX 6MT LSM
post #8 of 10 Old 09-01-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Gearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeshifter View Post
I've heard that too. You can get some nice color combinations too. There's someone who has posted pics of their custom leather. It was a tobacco brown and black two tone, very pretty.

When I was shopping a few years ago I think I was quoted a higher number to have leather installed. Does that $800 include installation?
That was the lowest quote I got including installation and it was quite a bit lower than other places so maybe I should ask them more about it.

2013 Accord Sedan LX CVT
post #9 of 10 Old 09-01-2016, 07:27 PM
4th Gear

Garage
Ive thought of using Katzkin if the leather in my 8th gen wears out, but I went on their site and it only offers covers for the LX and EX trims...and apparently the seats are different then the EX-L so its not plug and play

2012 Honda Accord EX-L "Jazmine"
45K miles
PPPP 0w20 / Fram Ultra
post #10 of 10 Old 09-02-2016, 12:58 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg24 View Post
Ive thought of using Katzkin if the leather in my 8th gen wears out, but I went on their site and it only offers covers for the LX and EX trims...and apparently the seats are different then the EX-L so its not plug and play
It is likely because your EX-L seats are heated and have heating coils that run underneath the OEM covers. Fit wise, they should work or you can just email Katzkin. They are pretty responsive.

'16 Accord EX 6MT LSM
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.