WeatherTech Digifit Mats or Genuine Honda Mats? - Page 3 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
18Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 49 Old 03-27-2016, 08:55 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14v6 View Post
The WT fit isn't always perfect as mentioned but very little gets past the side compared to the rubber mats. I can usually get by without having to remove the WT's for cleaning whereas with the rubber mats I have to remove them and clean the edge where everything gets by. The WT's are also better for spills.
Yup. Like I mentioned before, there is very little left to vacuum out of the carpet with the WT since not much makes it to the carpet.

Advertisement

post #32 of 49 Old 03-27-2016, 09:49 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden620 View Post
Really? I called my parts guy, gave him the part # and he said no problem.
I just checked the parts catalog and that number is not listed.

post #33 of 49 Old 03-27-2016, 12:34 PM
My First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by web1b View Post
WeatherTech are great quality and very functional and protective when you have wet or dirty shoes. Some may feel they are too much like you what you would put in a contractor's work truck used at a dusty construction site. Also good if you have kids spilling things on the floor.

I'm thinking of switching from WeatherTech to Lloyd's Luxe mats with 48oz weight carpet that's thicker and software than you get in most luxury cars and just being more careful with them.
I love my Lloyd's Luxe mats. The super black (I think that's the color) is a little darker than the carpet, so not a perfect match. But they feel great and maybe even quieted the car a little more.

post #34 of 49 Old 03-27-2016, 12:39 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbtexas View Post
I love my Lloyd's Luxe mats. The super black (I think that's the color) is a little darker than the carpet, so not a perfect match. But they feel great and maybe even quieted the car a little more.
I wonder if Llyod's other black color (charcoal or ebony?) is a better match.
post #35 of 49 Old 03-27-2016, 01:19 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm5 View Post
I also have the same issue with the OEM Honda mats.
The sides are high but the front tapers down completely and does not prevent wet snow/slush from hitting the carpet.

I ended up buying the Weathertechs and like them better in this regard.

My Honda floor mats are for sale if you are in the Toronto area!
PM sent
post #36 of 49 Old 03-28-2016, 07:57 AM
3rd Gear

WT. 3rd Honda and 3rd set. They are not that slick and the fit front and rear are nice and tight. I have the soft rubber ones (All Weather) from WT in my Pilot and do not like how much the rear's move since they are 2 pieces. They also let a lot of salt and dirt get on the carpet by the door sill and over by the center console.

The digital fit WT in my 16 Accord are much better. I was a bit concerned when the rear came folded to fit in the box but it conformed to the contour of the carpet quickly and they stay nice and tight.

Pull them out as needed, hose off and scrub with a little soapy water to make them look like new.
RedsBlue and LongLakeJ like this.
post #37 of 49 Old 03-28-2016, 10:04 AM
4th Gear

Wt for sure. I love mine.
RedsBlue likes this.

2015 Honda Accord LX 6 speed Modern Steel Metallic
1998 VW Jetta Tdi Polo White with 372k miles daily driver

DIY 9th Gen Honda Accord videos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 10-18-2016 at 07:52 AM. Reason: fix video embed
post #38 of 49 Old 03-28-2016, 01:44 PM
2016 Touring 6AT

Garage
Got a set of honda rubber mats and the rear ones are always sliding forwards an inch or two.. even with the little carpet grippers. Guess I would try weathertech if I had another go. Need to see what I can do to get the bastids to stay put.
post #39 of 49 Old 03-28-2016, 03:50 PM
Accord fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP View Post
Got a set of honda rubber mats and the rear ones are always sliding forwards an inch or two.. even with the little carpet grippers. Guess I would try weathertech if I had another go. Need to see what I can do to get the bastids to stay put.
This is that I use to keep the mats from sliding!

2016 MSM Accord Touring
35% tint, 19mm rear sway bar, clear bra, LEDs all around, Weathertech mats and OEM trunk liner, door sill liner, K&N drop in filter, hardwired dashcam. Rustcure rust protection, ambient blue LEDs.
2005 Odyssey - stock except for the stereo.
post #40 of 49 Old 03-28-2016, 10:36 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
I recommend Husky, I got mine on sale at amazon for $96. The mat have sharp nibs underneath to prevent sliding.

Heres a stock photo.

post #41 of 49 Old 03-29-2016, 01:12 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincnet11 View Post
Quote:
I recommend Husky, I got mine on sale at amazon for $96. The mat have sharp nibs underneath to prevent sliding.

Heres a stock photo.

I can say the photos do it justice and fit very well! The nibs underneath prevent movement and the mats collected all the salt perfectly! Rinsed them with hot water and they look like new! These mats are cheaper than WTs but offer the same quality/protection if not better. I'll keep pushing them on anybody debating WTs as I once had the choice, and seeing my friends WTs in his Accord almost had me sold until I did some research!
post #42 of 49 Old 03-29-2016, 01:58 AM
Always time to play!!

Garage
WeatherTech all day, I have ruined so many carpets with other stuff that says they are the same quality, I bought the WT for my 13 Accord and with a quick vacuum the car looked like it came off the lot again, ordered another set as soon as I ordered my 16 and since they are the same I now have a set for my wife's
RedsBlue likes this.

2016 Honda Accord Sport 6MT
Obsidian Blue Pearl
Sport Grille
3M 30% tint
Rv6 downpipe
LED Interior light conversion

2016 Honda Accord Sport CVT
Crystal Black Pearl
3M 30% tint
LED Interior light conversion

IG: sp33d_fit_freak
post #43 of 49 Old 03-29-2016, 08:28 AM
Long live the manual

Garage
Question WTs worth the extra cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCtoLV702 View Post
WTs are nice but aren't cut right and look like crap.
Sounds like you bought the wrong WTs for your car. Mine fit perfectly including around the trunk / gas door release pull / press switch.

Our winters are usually severe up here in Illinois including all the salt & grime that is brought in. I have the light gray mats & they are now over 2 years old. Holding up very well .

2014 Honda Accord Coupe V6 EXL 6 speed manual
------------------------------------------------
Horn Upgrade from College Hills
LED Fog Lights
LED Interior Lights
Hidden Hitch
post #44 of 49 Old 03-29-2016, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

Maxpider 3D all day. Fit and look great.

2016 Accord EX-L
2016 Pilot EX-L
Previous:
2013 Civic EX-L
2013 CRV EX-L
2010 Accord Sedan EX-L
2011 Pilot EX-L
2007 Accord Sedan EX-L
2007 Odyssey EX-L
2003 Accord Sedan EX-L w/Navi
1998 Accord Sedan EX
post #45 of 49 Old 03-29-2016, 06:46 PM
2006 sedan Die Right

I like my WeatherTech mats a lot. In a 7th gen car.

RedsBlue likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.