Paint Color Popularity? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
24Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 03-19-2016, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Paint Color Popularity?

Is there a chart posted anywhere showing which Accord colors have sold the least and most?
Maybe most popular colors are easiest to resell because more people like and chose those colors for their new car and maybe the least popular colors are fun to have so your car is somewhat rare.

Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 03-19-2016, 01:44 PM
5th Gear

Black, white, silver and grey will be the best sellers and therefore the most produced colors. The Accord probably follows this pattern pretty closely.

2015 NH797M CT2 J35Y1V6
post #3 of 41 Old 03-19-2016, 01:59 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond-007 View Post
Black, white, silver and grey will be the best sellers and therefore the most produced colors. The Accord probably follows this pattern pretty closely.
...or you could say that popularity is dependent on what is stocked. I'd have to say that the most-stocked colors in these parts are CBP (black), WOP (white), MSM (grey), and BPII (burgundy red). Locally, LS (silver), KCM (brown), SMR (red) and OBP (blue) are hard to come by. It may be different in other markets.

post #4 of 41 Old 03-19-2016, 02:31 PM
5th Gear

According to Forbes white is the most popular automobile color both in the USA and world wide. 23% of all NA cars sold are white, 24% world wide. Those numbers came from an annual survey by DuPont on car colors by sales. So every manufacturer will be making more white than any other color since white is what sells the most.

White is followed by Black, Silver and Gray, in that order.
StevieD and Personatech like this.

Current Honda = 2015 Accord sedan: WOP Ex-L V6-6AT/Nav
Previous Hondas = 2007 Civic Ex Sedan (5spd-AT) & 1973 Civic 1200cc 5spd-MT hatchback
post #5 of 41 Old 03-19-2016, 02:39 PM
Out of Control

Impressions are

MSM, WOP, Silver and Black. Interior color offerings on some trims can have an impact on exterior colors.
BenzAccord likes this.
post #6 of 41 Old 03-19-2016, 05:35 PM
03 Accord EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personatech View Post
...or you could say that popularity is dependent on what is stocked. I'd have to say that the most-stocked colors in these parts are CBP (black), WOP (white), MSM (grey), and BPII (burgundy red). Locally, LS (silver), KCM (brown), SMR (red) and OBP (blue) are hard to come by. It may be different in other markets.
Yup, I rarely see browns period. I rarely see Red in Sports trim, and then Red overall. I have an OBP and would say those are fairly common at all trims.

I only have seen three of that dark greenish brown color they sold maybe only the first year(2013)?
post #7 of 41 Old 03-19-2016, 06:42 PM
Spoon91

I just got a 2016 Sport in the Kona Coffee and LOVE IT!!!
Very cool color and you never see it around.
Attached Images
TH23, Gen6-LX, Personatech and 7 others like this.

Spoon91,
post #8 of 41 Old 03-20-2016, 03:56 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon91 View Post
I like Kona but kind of wished they'd bring back Tiger Eye Pearl, only this time for the sedan!!

Oh, and Kona needs ivory leather.
BenzAccord, TH23, MikeNC and 1 others like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Personatech For This Useful Post:
Spoon91 (03-22-2016)
post #9 of 41 Old 03-21-2016, 03:30 PM
4th Gear

WOP according to Dr Color Chip..This is a tri-coat pearl / 3-stage color, meaning it was painted with a base coat, pearl coat and tinted clear coat. There is not a single color formula that exactly matches. Darn those bumper chips! On the other hand it is a beautiful color in direct sunlight..
BenzAccord likes this.

13 EX-L/Nav V6 WOP
post #10 of 41 Old 03-21-2016, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon91 View Post
My 80yr old grandpa loves that color lol
Blu3RSX likes this.
post #11 of 41 Old 03-21-2016, 06:20 PM
A Scusi!

Yeah, the Kona is nice shade of brown. IMO, the only thing missing which I feel would aptly compliment the Kona is if the car came with polished copper or bronze trim instead of the chrome. Although it could be vinyl wrapped to that effect. Yeah, the grille, window trim, handles, emblems and wheels. But I suppose subtle touches of it here and there might be even classier. And it have to match inside as well to finish the effect. Just an idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to BanzaiRocket For This Useful Post:
Spoon91 (03-22-2016)
post #12 of 41 Old 03-22-2016, 03:47 AM
Spoon91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensonTT View Post
My 80yr old grandpa loves that color lol
Then at least your Grandpa has good taste.....
Larry1014 likes this.

Spoon91,
post #13 of 41 Old 03-22-2016, 08:49 AM
6th Gear

I like the Kona color, saw a few Sports on the lot in that color when I was at the dealership last month. Very rare indeed. I can see why Honda chose it as the primary color for press photos, especially for the Touring trim.

What surprises me is how hard Lunar Silver is to find, especially in the Touring model. On the 2013-2015 models, it seemed like most of my local dealers' inventory was Alabaster Silver on the Accord. For 2016, Lunar Silver on any model is hardly stocked. Only 16 of the 194 Accord sedans currently on the lot are Lunar Silver. Last year, it would've been like 80 of 194 sedans in Alabaster Silver. Why is Lunar Silver so rare? Silver is one of the most common colors.

2017 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan - White Orchid Pearl/Ivory
KTuner, Philips Vision LED License Plate and Reverse Lights, Philips X-Treme Ultinon T20 Amber Rear Turn Signals, Sylvania ZEVO 7440R Brake Lights, exLED 3K LED Interior Kit, Sylvania ZEVO Red LED Door Courtesy Lights
post #14 of 41 Old 03-22-2016, 10:24 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH23 View Post
I like the Kona color, saw a few Sports on the lot in that color when I was at the dealership last month. Very rare indeed. I can see why Honda chose it as the primary color for press photos, especially for the Touring trim.

What surprises me is how hard Lunar Silver is to find, especially in the Touring model. On the 2013-2015 models, it seemed like most of my local dealers' inventory was Alabaster Silver on the Accord. For 2016, Lunar Silver on any model is hardly stocked. Only 16 of the 194 Accord sedans currently on the lot are Lunar Silver. Last year, it would've been like 80 of 194 sedans in Alabaster Silver. Why is Lunar Silver so rare? Silver is one of the most common colors.
I have seen a number of different model '16 Accords, but I have not seen another Lunar Silver. Like you said, I have seen plenty of 13-15 Alabaster Silver Accords here in NYC, but funny that this silver does not seem to be as popular. Plenty of WOP and MSM for sure....BTW, this color looks great with the 19" wheels....
TH23 likes this.

2016 Accord Sedan Sport CVT Lunar Silver/Black
2013 Accord Sedan EXLV6 Navi/Basque Red Pearl II/Ivory (Lease Return)
2003 Accord Sedan EXLV6 Graphite Pearl/Gray (Sold)
post #15 of 41 Old 03-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Reverse Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personatech View Post
Nobody even mentions the Champagne Color anymore. I guess that one would be one of the rarer colors. I would have bought that color if my family would have let me (don't ask). I wanted the ivory interior, and so I got my second choice which was CBP. I guess my real first choice would have been MSM, but ivory interior is not available.

2007 Accord LX-SE 4d 5spd MT Graphite Pearl (was his, now son's)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT Crystal Black Pearl/Ivory (His)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT White Orchid Pearl/Ivory (Hers)

Previous Rides
1993 Buick Regal 3.8
1992 Acura Legend LS 4D 5MT
1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4AT
1986 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT
1981 Saab 900 Turbo 4D 3AT "The money pit" $5K+ in repairs in 2 years
1976 Volvo 242DL 3AT "The Vault"
1976 Toyota Corona 4D 3AT "The Oven" black vinyl interior and no A/C
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.