Valet Key - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 01-21-2016, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Valet Key

For those who recently purchased a new car, did you get a Valet key as mentioned in the Owner's Manual. Are Valet keys a thing of the past?

Attached Images

2016 Sedan V6 Touring, White Orchid Pearl

Modifications:
WT Digital Liners Front and Rears / WT cargo mat / LEDs for map, dome, courtesy, vanity, & license plate (exLEDsusa) / 2 led strips for trunk / reverse leds (Phillips 921) / brake leds (Phillips 7440 Red Vision) / 2 Cargo Hooks / Horn upgrade / Weathertech Side Visor Deflectors / Illuminated Door Sills / Glove Box Light Mod / Custom LED footwell lights w/switch

2011 EX-L V6, 6MT, CBP (sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-21-2016, 09:11 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
My boyfriend's stepfather has an 8th gen and he has a valet key for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
post #3 of 19 Old 01-21-2016, 09:21 AM
6th Gear

Kind of a thing of the past. Since there's no traditional ignition switch on the push start, there's no point to a valet key. Unless it's a high performance car, of course. You can make it a valet key i guess, if you remove the metal key out of the fob.

13 EX 6MT MSM
99 Civic Turbo 480whp

post #4 of 19 Old 01-21-2016, 09:43 AM
5th Gear

If you have the keyless touch start, then no, there is no valet key. The thing to do is to remove the physical key from the key fob. Open the glove box and disable the trunk release button, then lock the glove box with the physical key you removed from the fob. Use that same key to lock the manual trunk release by your drivers side door sill.

Give the fob to the valet attendant so he can operate the car. Keep the manual key so you can unlock things when you return. I also always have my second entire fob with me, so I can always regain access and control to my own car as needed.
bionicrocky likes this.

Current Honda = 2015 Accord sedan: WOP Ex-L V6-6AT/Nav
Previous Hondas = 2007 Civic Ex Sedan (5spd-AT) & 1973 Civic 1200cc 5spd-MT hatchback
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeNC For This Useful Post:
08EX-L (01-22-2016)
post #5 of 19 Old 01-21-2016, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC View Post
If you have the keyless touch start, then no, there is no valet key. The thing to do is to remove the physical key from the key fob. Open the glove box and disable the trunk release button, then lock the glove box with the physical key you removed from the fob. Use that same key to lock the manual trunk release by your drivers side door sill.

Give the fob to the valet attendant so he can operate the car. Keep the manual key so you can unlock things when you return. I also always have my second entire fob with me, so I can always regain access and control to my own car as needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyden View Post
Kind of a thing of the past. Since there's no traditional ignition switch on the push start, there's no point to a valet key. Unless it's a high performance car, of course. You can make it a valet key i guess, if you remove the metal key out of the fob.
Thanks Kyden and Mike. Makes perfect sense.

Mike makes perfect sense to lock things up with the key and just give the fob to the valet attendant. Will need to keep that in mind next time I valet. Thank you.

2016 Sedan V6 Touring, White Orchid Pearl

Modifications:
WT Digital Liners Front and Rears / WT cargo mat / LEDs for map, dome, courtesy, vanity, & license plate (exLEDsusa) / 2 led strips for trunk / reverse leds (Phillips 921) / brake leds (Phillips 7440 Red Vision) / 2 Cargo Hooks / Horn upgrade / Weathertech Side Visor Deflectors / Illuminated Door Sills / Glove Box Light Mod / Custom LED footwell lights w/switch

2011 EX-L V6, 6MT, CBP (sold)

post #6 of 19 Old 01-21-2016, 06:40 PM
3rd Gear

I have the Accord sport which has a regular ignition switch so I have 2 regular keys and a valet key. So 3 keys in total.
post #7 of 19 Old 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
5th Gear

Why would you let a valet even touch your car?!?! Just the thought of it makes me cringe

2015 Accord EX-L Coupe V6 Alabaster Silver

Mods to come soon...

I take pictures of cars!...Some of them look nice.

post #8 of 19 Old 01-21-2016, 07:41 PM
6th Gear

Garage
2014 LX. Yes to the valet key. Also found my 5th gen keys and decided to honor that car in this post. RIP
Attached Images

Current vehicle:
2014 Honda Accord LX 6MT 103K
easy mods and changes:
*55W HID lowbeam 5000K (Innovited upgrade kit)
*LasFit 9005 HB3 highbeam / DRL 6500k
*Interior trunk handle
*Trunk cargo net
*All weather floor mats from College Hills Honda
*Gutter Guards behind lower grille

Previous vehicles:
2001 Chevy Prizm 3AT (given away, it was a terrible car...)
1995 Honda Accord DX 5MT (wrecked at 240K)
1989 Honda Civic LX 4AT (wrecked at 180K)
1988 GMC Sierra 1500 5MT (sold at 80K)
post #9 of 19 Old 01-21-2016, 10:08 PM
4th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey40508 View Post
Why would you let a valet even touch your car?!?! Just the thought of it makes me cringe
Same, I avoid it when I can, but there are valet only places out there.

Visions of the Ferrari in Ferris Bueller

2016 Accord Coupe Touring
White Orchid Pearl
2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Soul Red
post #10 of 19 Old 01-21-2016, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
Same, I avoid it when I can, but there are valet only places out there.
Yup, especially in SoCal.

The situation hasn't come up yet, but I suspect I'll be a bit less paranoid with the Accord than I was with my previous cars.
post #11 of 19 Old 01-21-2016, 10:47 PM
Blinded by the light

There is a valet key for keyless entry - it's the fob with the key removed. It serves the same exact purpose and functions as a valet key on any other Honda. The great part is you don't need to bring another key with you or remove your key from a keychain with the quick release Honda added.

If the valet looses it that's another story... but either way you'd be down one immobilizer key.

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-

-

-

-

-

-

2013 Triumph Street Triple
-Doesn't need any mods...
post #12 of 19 Old 01-22-2016, 04:43 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey40508 View Post
I have a meeting in a couple of months in New Orleans. Of the 16 or so a hotels on the housing reservation list for the meeting, I noticed every single one has valet-only parking. Guests are not allowed in the garages at all. I'm flying in so not an issue for me, but still, places like this do come up.

Current Honda = 2015 Accord sedan: WOP Ex-L V6-6AT/Nav
Previous Hondas = 2007 Civic Ex Sedan (5spd-AT) & 1973 Civic 1200cc 5spd-MT hatchback
post #13 of 19 Old 01-22-2016, 05:52 AM
6th Gear

Garage
I'm always pleased when whoever needs to drive my car can drive manual. I took it to safelite in November and the guy was like "I didn't even know they put these in family cars anymore", but he still knew what he was doing. You can always count on farm-boys from Kansas I guess

Current vehicle:
2014 Honda Accord LX 6MT 103K
easy mods and changes:
*55W HID lowbeam 5000K (Innovited upgrade kit)
*LasFit 9005 HB3 highbeam / DRL 6500k
*Interior trunk handle
*Trunk cargo net
*All weather floor mats from College Hills Honda
*Gutter Guards behind lower grille

Previous vehicles:
2001 Chevy Prizm 3AT (given away, it was a terrible car...)
1995 Honda Accord DX 5MT (wrecked at 240K)
1989 Honda Civic LX 4AT (wrecked at 180K)
1988 GMC Sierra 1500 5MT (sold at 80K)
post #14 of 19 Old 01-22-2016, 06:20 AM
JZP
Tampa FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamman View Post
For those who recently purchased a new car, did you get a Valet key as mentioned in the Owner's Manual. Are Valet keys a thing of the past?
I did, I have a Sport, I am assuming the LX gets one too...now for those with push button start, there would be no valet key

2014 MSM Accord Sport 6MT, Leather seats with red stitching, tint, all weather floor mats, cargo tray
2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 with Touring package

Previous:
- 2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 (Wife's Car)
- 2006 Accord EX V6 Auto (traded)
- 2008 Blue SUBARU Tribeca
- 1992 Civic hatch w/ B16b and JDM LSD 5MT transmission, 16" volcano wheels, red Recaro racing seats, all JDM interior (too much $$$ now I regret it)
-1988 white Accord DX Coupe 5MT (my very first car)
post #15 of 19 Old 01-22-2016, 06:47 AM
2015 Accord Touring I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC View Post

Never thought about it before but this a good idea... or what you can do is let the guy park the car without the fob... Once it's parked it won't restart without the fob.. you can give it back to him when you return to retrieve your car.

2015 Honda Accord Sedan Touring NAVI I4 CVT White Orchard Pearl
2011 Toyota Venza Premium V6 AWD 6AT Blizzard Pearl
2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
2005 Acura TSX I4 5AT Premium White Pearl (Sold)
2002 Honda Civic Coupe SiG Veloz I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.