What's Your 9th Generation Pet Peeves - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
152Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Garage
What's Your 9th Generation Pet Peeves

I've had my car now for 7 months and overall I am happy with it....it seems to be a good looking car with good gas mileage and nice features.

I don't know about you but it seems when I buy a new car I notice all the other "like" cars on the road and the small differences in the various trims.....this is my biggest pet peeve with Honda!

I get why you have various trims and totally get that the V6 Touring model is the top of the line and should have "everything". What I don't get are the little things that they put on one and not on another....like the duel exhaust tips...on the Touring and the Sport but not on the EXL, same with the LED DRLs. This morning on the way to work I saw a black Accord like mine....something was off and I couldn't figure it at first....then I noticed it had the extra badge saying it's a Hybrid...cool but then I noticed it didn't have the chrome extension on it's one tail pipe....really???

These little things as well as the super cheap carpeting and leather seats are my pet peeves....all in all small stuff I guess.

2015 Accord EX-L w/Nav. I4
Crystal Black Pearl
Advertisement

post #2 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 07:40 AM
6th Gear

My big gripe is the infotainment interace and how so much of it just leaves me scratching my head. For example, while trying to find where the next rest stop is on the interstate I do multiple pushes and twists of the interface know to get to the list of travel POIs. I am then presented with a list of the first few choices in alphabetical order. I can select down to the last one on the list, but I can't scroll any farther unless I stop the car. This is just insane. Of course, I'm supposed to be able to do all that by voice, but most of us know what an abortion that is!

2017 Toyota Highlander XLE. Yeah, so call me a traitor!!
2013 Accord Sedan EX-L Nav., Basque Red Pearl II; 100,000 miles
2004 Odyssey EX-L, Havasu Blue Metallic, 245,000 miles when my eldest son took it over
1998 Accord LX Sedan 5-speed, Heather Mist Metallic; went to live with my youngest son. Died Jan. 2015 with 246,000+, (right front axle broke).
The Following User Says Thank You to HondaBob For This Useful Post:
Mining (11-30-2015)
post #3 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 07:47 AM
4th Gear

The bluetooth integration - it is backwards from my 11 EX-L which makes ZERO sense.

In my 14, I hit the Siri button on my phone and I hear nothing, unless I am in the "Bluetooth" input on my headunit. Any audio that my phone would play (Google Maps, etc) is quiet, unless I am on the "Bluetooth" input. My old EX-L, not matter what input I was in, would overtake the radio with directions or with SIRI or whatever else.

It makes ZERO sense and drives me INSANE.

Per Honda, this is the way it is supposed to be. Seems to be a backwards step in technology.

2014 LX Accord - White Orchid Pearl - 19K miles

Living it up in the Triad of the great NC
The Following User Says Thank You to 0REDSOX7 For This Useful Post:
Mining (11-30-2015)

post #4 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 07:52 AM
1st Gear

Sport models should have keyless entry/push to start as a standard feature..
post #5 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 08:36 AM
5th Gear

I don't understand why the civic has all the iPhone integration features but the accord doesn't. That is inexcusable imo. Absolutely no reason a cheaper car should do something the more expensive one won't. It kinda pisses me off.
salcuta, Phantom, argen234 and 3 others like this.

2014 Accord Ex Sedan, Grey Metallic
Weathertech digi fit mats, F1 pinnacle tint, trunk tray, interior led's, door sill trim, JBL speakers/amp/sub/MS-8
Future mods: katzkin leather, air intake, remin dash kit, HID projector retrofit
post #6 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 08:36 AM
3rd Gear

Garage
That's how they upsell you. If you want the extra options, buyer the higher model.
Pdubois likes this.

2014 Accord Sedan EX-L V6, 6speed AT, Modern Steel Metallic with black & light gray interior.

Added options: deck lid lip spoiler, side body moldings, auto-start, horn upgrade, OEM splash guards (color matched), OEM all weather floor mats and trunk tray, Remin ebony/zebra interior dash kit.

Previous Hondas:
2004 Accord Sedan EX V6
2002 Accord Sedan EX V6
1980 Civic
post #7 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 08:58 AM
4th Gear

Garage
How about the lack of support for poor functionality of Hondalink and audio performance. When your ipod or mp3 player has dynamic bass settings, the quality sounds good to me. It should be like that with any audio played through the speakers. Also the latency with streaming bluetooth audio.

They should allow ANY USB mass storage device, including Android devices, to plug in usb.

Other than that, I love my 2015 EX-L V6. Its the car that I bought brand new.
Schwarzes likes this.

2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6 6AT

Additions:
J37 Intake Manifold
J37 80mm Throttle Body
SlickFab Ported Intake Runners
Custom Turbogixxer Tune
Custom 3.5in Cold Air Intake
RV6 Precat Deletes (PCD)
ATLP J-Pipe
Custom 3in ATLP Exhaust
Weathertech Digitalfit Floormats
Rear Lip Spoiler
Window Tint
18in TSW Mechanica Rims
Continental DW Summer Tires

Hear My Setup:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Out of Control

The Bluetooth functionality not very good other than making and receiving calls.

Car way too unstable in the rear with crosswinds (have posted about this before)

No glove box light

no split rear seat

weak horn

lack of full adjustability in passenger seat

no door sill trim

weak fog lights

mirror protrudes too low to obscure vision for taller drivers

all minor gripes really and most can be fixed with accessories other than the instability with crosswinds issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to 14v6 For This Useful Post:
Losttekniqs (08-19-2015)
post #9 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 09:11 AM
2.5th gear

No Sport should not have no keyless entry/push to start, its the worse thing ever invented. But we should have LED DRL. had to bought Ijdmtoy.... i didnt know we had only a bulb as for parking light.. which is sooo stupid
DrumAccord13 likes this.
post #10 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 09:12 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcTheStrong View Post
How about the lack of support for poor functionality of Hondalink and audio performance. When your ipod or mp3 player has dynamic bass settings, the quality sounds good to me. It should be like that with any audio played through the speakers. Also the latency with streaming bluetooth audio.

They should allow ANY USB mass storage device, including Android devices, to plug in usb.

Other than that, I love my 2015 EX-L V6. Its the car that I bought brand new.
I have the same complaint.

Hopefully, the 2016 system is an improvement, with the introduction of Car Play and Android Auto.

2013 Accord Coupe V6-6MT MSM
post #11 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 09:25 AM
1st Gear

Could not get a Sport MT in White here in the US... Canada gets one, but not here... That was just dumb to me.

Could not get Black interior in any other model with White exterior.

Chrome trim around shift handle (CVT). Sun reflects off of it right into my eyes.

Top of steering wheel obstructs the top of the speedometer. Once everything is adjusted to my comfort, I cannot see between about 50 MPH and 80 MPH. Not real convenient while on the freeway.

These are universal across all Trim levels. All other gripes I might have could have been been avoided by moving up a trim. But then I would have ended up with a color of either interior or exterior I did not want.
maddmatt02, Eddie978 and Merc6 like this.
post #12 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 10:02 AM
5th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhPee View Post
Sport models should have keyless entry/push to start as a standard feature..
heck no, i love being able to get somewhere and turn the engine off and have the radio and BT still work. you can't do that in a push button, at least in my civic ex you couldn't.

my big gripe is the text message and lack of tech. my civic was more advanced than my new accord, WTF?!?
Merc6 likes this.

2015 Accord Sport WOP "The TaunTaun"
DIY LED DRL
Full Audio Upgrade
Zenex HID's 4500k
LED strips in footwells and in trunk
LED's in all light sockets
Chrome Plastidipped Black
Air Box Resonator Delete
The Following User Says Thank You to berrnard For This Useful Post:
1accord (08-17-2015)
post #13 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 10:06 AM
1st Gear

Only 2 color choices for a Sport 6Spd manual. Luckily they changed it for the upcoming MMC.

Vibration when the AC is on while idle (Neutral or in gear).

No LED DRL or Taillights but still a lot/great car for the $$ so i'm a satisified customer lol.
tylers65 likes this.

2015 Sport 6MT

Mods:
XenonDepot Xtreme 5k 35w Hid Kit, Putco Jet Yellow Bulbs + Fog lights tinted yellow, Amber Yellow led bulb DRL's. 6k oem lookalike led bulbs for parking led strip light.
Takeda Short Ram Intake, Roof Spoiler, 20% Tints, Debadged trunk except H.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pdubois For This Useful Post:
Losttekniqs (08-19-2015)
post #14 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 10:07 AM
6th Gear

Rough ride, poor seats, and not so good radio. The electronics don't bother me since I don't do much with them. I agree that the EX and EX-L should have had HomeLink as standard equipment, I think they may have on the 2016.

2014 i4 EX sedan WOP
Dual exhaust, painted splash guards,
gloss black "B" pillar trim, wood dash trim,
bumper reflector panel, HomeLink,
horn update, 17" Honda accessory wheels
leather shift knob, door sill trim, Xpel clear bra
Dashmat, WeatherTech window visors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 495 Old 08-17-2015, 10:08 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylers65 View Post
Chrome trim around shift handle (CVT). Sun reflects off of it right into my eyes.
This. This times 1,000,000,000 I forgot about this until you shared.

berrnard, v95t5r, easymike and 1 others like this.

2014 LX Accord - White Orchid Pearl - 19K miles

Living it up in the Triad of the great NC
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.