More comfortable seat cushions/covers? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
4Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
2014 Accord LX CVT

More comfortable seat cushions/covers?

My only solid complaint about this car is the seats, there's something about the seat back that makes my lower back cramp up. Has anyone found any seat covers that are worth the money that would make sitting in the car a less painful experience?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 08:59 AM
4th Gear

I found that although they are not liked by all - natural sheep skin covers have worked for me for years.

Cooler in the Summer and a bit warmer in the Winter. If your lower back hurts I've found that if I buy some of those small pillows in the shape of a dog bone, and run a piece of elastic around to hold them in place they work wonders underneath the sheep skins

DetailerKKM likes this.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
2014 Accord LX CVT

Ah, I'll keep a look out for those. I'm wary of ordering something like this online, unless others with the same car are recommending it, ya know? As for more lumbar support, as strange as it might sound, I kinda want less support... honestly, if there were just a thick foam backing on a seat cover, maybe an inch or two thick, that might do the trick. I'm just not seeing anything like that available.

post #4 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 09:30 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailerKKM View Post
Ah, I'll keep a look out for those. I'm wary of ordering something like this online, unless others with the same car are recommending it, ya know? As for more lumbar support, as strange as it might sound, I kinda want less support... honestly, if there were just a thick foam backing on a seat cover, maybe an inch or two thick, that might do the trick. I'm just not seeing anything like that available.
Have you considered one of those things that cab drivers often use...the thing that's made out of those wooden beads that just drapes over the seat? I've never tried one but I've heard they're very comfortable. Some people swear by them. You might also try tilting the bottom seat back or forward a bit. Sometimes the smallest adjustments can really do a lot to improve comfort...although it does seem like more than a few people really don't like the Accord seats one bit.
DetailerKKM likes this.

Current: 2013 EX-L CVT Accord Sedan
Alabaster Silver Metallic with Gray Leather

Previous: 2003 LX Accord Sedan 5-Speed AT, 1996 DX Accord Sedan 5-Speed MT
post #5 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 09:46 AM
4th Gear

The Wet Okole covers have foam stitched to the back and make the seat very comfortable.

DetailerKKM likes this.

2015 Honda Accord LX 6 speed Modern Steel Metallic
1998 VW Jetta Tdi Polo White with 372k miles daily driver

DIY 9th Gen Honda Accord videos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Out of Control

My parents always got the sheepskin covers dating back to 1980. They take a long time to wear out. Best thing about them is they are cool in the Arizona heat and warm in the winter. They are pricey but worth every penny. They used Rocky Mountain Sheepskin Co.

I have the Coverking neoprene in my accord and they are quite nice. Don't think that they will last the life of the car though.
post #7 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 04:01 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14v6 View Post
They used Rocky Mountain Sheepskin Co.
seconded!
post #8 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14v6 View Post
My parents always got the sheepskin covers dating back to 1980. They take a long time to wear out. Best thing about them is they are cool in the Arizona heat and warm in the winter. They are pricey but worth every penny. They used Rocky Mountain Sheepskin Co.

I have the Coverking neoprene in my accord and they are quite nice. Don't think that they will last the life of the car though.
I still have my New England sheepskins I used on my 300E 23 years ago. Modern cars need cutouts for side airbag deployment for any seat cover. How do these sheepskins handle that iissue?

Ex-L 4cyl, White Pearl/Ivory
Honda factory LED Touring Headlight, 3M Di-NOC Bubinga wood vinyl dash trim, Horn Upgrade, LED interior, trunk, license, Splash Guards

II Kings 9:20-"The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he driveth furiously."
post #9 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 07:10 PM
2nd Gear

Wow, haven't seen a sheepskin seat cover since sometime in the 80s...
post #10 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 07:11 PM
6th Gear

I went to a mattress manufacturer and bought a couple of pieces of memory foam. It is more comfortable than the seats, but would be a problem for tall people. I was going to have a seat cover manufacturer build the foam into the seat, but my wife said no more money is to be put into her car.

I also have a gel pad which I used on my R1150RT that I can use for long trips.
DetailerKKM likes this.

2014 i4 EX sedan WOP
Dual exhaust, painted splash guards,
gloss black "B" pillar trim, wood dash trim,
bumper reflector panel, HomeLink,
horn update, 17" Honda accessory wheels
leather shift knob, door sill trim, Xpel clear bra
Dashmat, WeatherTech window visors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Kings 9:20 View Post
I still have my New England sheepskins I used on my 300E 23 years ago. Modern cars need cutouts for side airbag deployment for any seat cover. How do these sheepskins handle that iissue?
Yes, they have the cutouts for the side airbag. They are pricey at $299 per seat. I think that most all custom manufacturers have the cutouts now.

It's a concern for those that buy a seat cover at a big box store and don't read the fine print. Don't think that those covers have a cutout.
post #12 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 09:18 PM
4th Gear

A good friend of mine (and a HUGE car enthusiast who passed a few years ago) told me to: "Cry once and buy the best."

Even though the sheepskins are spendy I would definitely spend the money on the best I could get. (without going nutso on the price)
post #13 of 16 Old 06-02-2015, 09:29 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveCFPrez View Post
A good friend of mine (and a HUGE car enthusiast who passed a few years ago) told me to: "Cry once and buy the best."

Even though the sheepskins are spendy I would definitely spend the money on the best I could get. (without going nutso on the price)
doesn't appear to be a way to get sheepskin without going nuts on the price. Damn those things are crazy expensive!

2014 Accord Ex Sedan, Grey Metallic
Weathertech digi fit mats, F1 pinnacle tint, trunk tray, interior led's, door sill trim, JBL speakers/amp/sub/MS-8
Future mods: katzkin leather, air intake, remin dash kit, HID projector retrofit
post #14 of 16 Old 06-03-2015, 06:19 AM
banned

I heard price is high because there is a shortage of good quality sheeps.

I heard this at the town dump.
post #15 of 16 Old 06-03-2015, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
2014 Accord LX CVT

Hmm, all this is interesting. I was thinking memory foam would be great, but I might end up getting something just to protect the seats, then one of those backpad things that hangs off the top of the seat just to give my back some cush. Those light color interiors are nice, but I'm tired of worrying about spills. If there was a protective seat cover that was also a little thick, that would be perfect, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to pay a few hundred dollars for something. We'll see what I end up finding.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.