All Weather floor mats - Honda or WeatherTech? - Page 4 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
14Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 58 Old 05-28-2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Reverse Gear

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I just ordered the 3D MAXpider mats for the rear of the second accord we just purchased. There doesn't seem to be a penalty for ordering the whole set vs separately, so I'm hedging by buying only the rears for now. I will be able to compare these to the Huskey's side to side soon. Accord #1, is all Huskey's. (trunk Mat and floor mats). We absolutely love them! So why am I buying the 3D MAXpider mats? Because they also look very sharp and I can't decide which (in the pictures at least) that I like better.

2007 Accord LX-SE 4d 5spd MT Graphite Pearl (was his, now son's)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT Crystal Black Pearl/Ivory (His)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT White Orchid Pearl/Ivory (Hers)

Previous Rides
1993 Buick Regal 3.8
1992 Acura Legend LS 4D 5MT
1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4AT
1986 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT
1981 Saab 900 Turbo 4D 3AT "The money pit" $5K+ in repairs in 2 years
1976 Volvo 242DL 3AT "The Vault"
1976 Toyota Corona 4D 3AT "The Oven" black vinyl interior and no A/C
Advertisement

post #47 of 58 Old 05-28-2015, 01:33 PM
1st Gear

Garage
I like the look of 3D Maxpider. Does it fit both normal and hybrid? Specifically this one:

post #48 of 58 Old 05-28-2015, 01:35 PM
6th Gear

What a coincidence. Was cleaning the other car. Found the driver oem rubber mat developed some holes. Just as I hit submit on amazon, an email notification arrived about this thread!

Ordered the maxpider fronts only. Technically just need the driverside but i'm not going to have mismatched floor mats . The oem rubber rears are practically brand new.

2012 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan - Eibach Sway bars, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 100% stock

post #49 of 58 Old 05-28-2015, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Reverse Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewonthis View Post
I like the look of 3D Maxpider. Does it fit both normal and hybrid? Specifically this one:
I believe that the floor mats/liners are the same for the hybrid and regular accords. It's the trunk liner that will be different.

2007 Accord LX-SE 4d 5spd MT Graphite Pearl (was his, now son's)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT Crystal Black Pearl/Ivory (His)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT White Orchid Pearl/Ivory (Hers)

Previous Rides
1993 Buick Regal 3.8
1992 Acura Legend LS 4D 5MT
1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4AT
1986 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT
1981 Saab 900 Turbo 4D 3AT "The money pit" $5K+ in repairs in 2 years
1976 Volvo 242DL 3AT "The Vault"
1976 Toyota Corona 4D 3AT "The Oven" black vinyl interior and no A/C
post #50 of 58 Old 06-02-2015, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Reverse Gear

I now have both the Huskey and 3D Maxpider mats in my possession. I truthfully cannot pick one over the other as I truly like them both.

The Huskey's *look* more durable, the 3D's can fool someone who doesn't look closely, into thinking that they are carpeted floor mats. From reading the posts above, it sounds like both do a great job of protecting the accord's carpets.

Having bought 2 sets of mats and trunk liners ( for the trunk I got Huskey for both) I will offer this advice: Even on Amazon, the prices vary from one day to the next. Example: the Huskey trunk mat was $109 on just about every website last week. I checked every day since then and found a seller on Amazon selling it for $79 with free shipping ( not Prime though). The 3D front mats were $86 on just about every website last week. For about an hour, one Amazon vendor had it for $76 with free shipping (again, not Prime). The moral of the story is be patient if you are looking for a deal.
post #51 of 58 Old 06-03-2015, 07:30 AM
3rd Gear

Garage
Interesting how something like a floor mat can create so much discussion, kind of points out the fact that what comes with the car is junk.

Glad to see you made up your mind and hope you are happy with what you bought!

I went more retro and ordered CocoMats for my car, although a bit more expensive I really like the way they look. Hope to be getting them in a couple weeks. they don't start making them until you order them and it takes about a month.

2015 Accord EX-L w/Nav. I4
Crystal Black Pearl
post #52 of 58 Old 06-03-2015, 09:02 AM
2nd Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasci View Post
Interesting how something like a floor mat can create so much discussion
I agree. You all are definitely passionate about the accessories you buy for your cars.

While I do like the look of the Aries mats, I also like the protection packages WeatherTech puts together.

'03 Accord EX Sedan
'12 Accord EX Sedan
'13 CRV EXL
post #53 of 58 Old 06-03-2015, 09:28 AM
5th Gear

I bought cheap Walmart rubber carpet mats for 25 bucks...

I live in SoCal so the weather is never too bad...
post #54 of 58 Old 06-03-2015, 10:34 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewonthis View Post
I just read in that link they have a bit of sound deadening material. What a great idea.
post #55 of 58 Old 06-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Yes, I'm a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveCFPrez View Post
I just read in that link they have a bit of sound deadening material. What a great idea.
As much as I love the mats and the fact that tomorrow when I'm off it'll take me about 2 minutes to get rid of a week's worth of mud and grime from our back parking lot..... I don't think they do anything at all for road noise.

~Jen~
2008 EX-L V6 Coupe - BBP
2004 EX-L V6 Coupe - SMR - RIP :(
post #56 of 58 Old 06-03-2015, 11:20 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenerationX View Post
As much as I love the mats and the fact that tomorrow when I'm off it'll take me about 2 minutes to get rid of a week's worth of mud and grime from our back parking lot..... I don't think they do anything at all for road noise.
Damn. Well I guess it "could" help with road noise.... LOL

A good selling point for those of us who haven't purchased this brand before.

thanks for the heads up.
post #57 of 58 Old 06-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Yes, I'm a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveCFPrez View Post
Damn. Well I guess it "could" help with road noise.... LOL

A good selling point for those of us who haven't purchased this brand before.

thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, they may possibly lower road noise, but you're definitely not going to put them in and think "damn this car's quiet now."

~Jen~
2008 EX-L V6 Coupe - BBP
2004 EX-L V6 Coupe - SMR - RIP :(
post #58 of 58 Old 06-04-2015, 09:54 AM
1st Gear

I have Weathertech digital fit mats in my Pilot. Since this is the car that gets the most kid use (and is AWD so lots of winter use too) the Weathertech mats have been awesome. They catch almost everything. They were more than getting the Honda mats, but the Honda mats do not catch everything.

My proof? I did buy the Honda mats for my Accord. They still allow crud to fall off the sides of the mat, meaning carpet cleaning once I pull the winter mats out in the spring. They are sturdy mats, don't get me wrong, and the grooves on the top of the mat do hold plenty of stuff. But the sides just aren't as good.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.