Where is the turn signal flasher/relay located and what does it look like? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By ExFed
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-14-2015, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Send a message via Skype™ to MichaelT1960
Where is the turn signal flasher/relay located and what does it look like?

I want to replace the amber turn signal bulbs in my 2014 Accord EX Sedan with LED units. I need to replace the flasher module with an LED compatible one.

When I pull out the normal bulb the flasher goes twice as fast and I don't want this with the LEDs installed.

Does anyone know what it looks like and where it is located? I hear the clicking under the driver's dash but can figure where the noise is coming from!

Thank you,

Michael

Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-14-2015, 05:25 PM
4th Gear

Garage
load balancing resistors is needed with led turn signals.

post #3 of 12 Old 04-14-2015, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Send a message via Skype™ to MichaelT1960
LED Flasher unit for 2014 Accord EX Sedan

No they are not if I can replace the flasher unit which is one that works with LED lights!

They are available I just need to know what the part number is in my car now?

Michael

post #4 of 12 Old 04-14-2015, 07:28 PM
4th Gear

Garage
look it up
post #5 of 12 Old 04-14-2015, 07:58 PM
5th Gear

There is no traditional flasher in these cars. It's controlled by the interior control computer.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-15-2015, 10:16 AM
4th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT1960 View Post
No they are not if I can replace the flasher unit which is one that works with LED lights!

They are available I just need to know what the part number is in my car now?

Michael
Did you find it yet?
post #7 of 12 Old 04-15-2015, 09:08 PM
6th Gear

Get VLED Triton. You won't need to worry about hyperflash. I'm sure you can find cheaper ones on ebay and amazon that have built in resistors also. Caveat Emptor

Current:
2016 EX-L V6 w/ Navi/Sensing Sedan Black/Ivory
2013 EX-L V6 w/ Navi Sedan Black/Ivory *TRADED*
2016 Acura RDX w/ tech pkg White/Parchment
2003 EX-L V6 Sedan Black/Tan
2008 CRV EX AWD Black/Black

Previous:
1999 EX-L 4 Cyl. Sedan
1997 EX-L V6
post #8 of 12 Old 04-16-2015, 03:20 PM
Retired G-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDMaccord View Post
Get VLED Triton. You won't need to worry about hyperflash. I'm sure you can find cheaper ones on ebay and amazon that have built in resistors also. Caveat Emptor

Yes, I have VLED V3 Triton switchbacks in front and ambers in rear and there is no hyperflash. Extea resisters or anything else is unnecessary.

If you buy anything other than V3 Tritons, be sure the visibility is as good in daylight as OEM bulbs to avoid safety/insurance issues.

V3 Triton red LEDs are available for brake lights.
teezythakidd likes this.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-16-2015, 05:22 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExFed View Post
Yes, I have VLED V3 Triton switchbacks in front and ambers in rear and there is no hyperflash. Extea resisters or anything else is unnecessary.

If you buy anything other than V3 Tritons, be sure the visibility is as good in daylight as OEM bulbs to avoid safety/insurance issues.

V3 Triton red LEDs are available for brake lights.
Wait are you absolutely positive about this? I have an email exchange recently with VLED that says I will need resistors. I really wanted to talk to them over the phone about it but that doesn't seem possible to get them on the phone, which stinks.

So basically you are saying the V3 tritons are plug and play with the Accord? Show me some video if you get time.

New- 2017 Touring White Orchid Pearl. Llumar Ceramic Tint, Llumar Platinum PPF, Modesta Ceramic coating on wheels, Sport Grille, Illuminated Door sills, interior Illumination, Maxpider Floormats. Meep Meep Horn delete. KTuner, Progress Bar.

Old- 2015 Black Accord Sport, Illuminated Door Sills, Interior Illumnation kit, Painted splash guards, rear bumper reflector kit, Window tint 30%, Katzkin Leather, LED Tailights, Touring Headlights.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-17-2015, 10:59 AM
Retired G-Man

They're not plug and play in the sense that you just pop out the OEM bulbs and pop in the V3 Tritons. The V3 Tritons have black boxes that must be mounted and socket adapters to connect. But there isn't anything else to buy, install the four V3 Tritons, with included hardware, and there is no hyperflash.

2013 EX-L I4 Sedan W/Navi
Alabaster Silver Over Black
LED Strip Light, OEM Door Sill Trim, Philips H9 Lows,
Toshiba HIR1 Highs, Removed Fuse For DRL, exLEDusa
Interior And License Plate Kit, WeatherTech Floor Mats,
Husky Trunk Tray, V3 Triton DRL and Front and Rear Signals,
Debadged, Magnaflow 14" Dual Mufflers w/Magnaflow Oval Tips,
55% SunTek CarbonXP Tint, Upgraded Horns.
post #11 of 12 Old 04-17-2015, 11:14 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExFed View Post
They're not plug and play in the sense that you just pop out the OEM bulbs and pop in the V3 Tritons. The V3 Tritons have black boxes that must be mounted and socket adapters to connect. But there isn't anything else to buy, install the four V3 Tritons, with included hardware, and there is no hyperflash.
thanks..Curious on how you mounted your boxes. high heat tape?

New- 2017 Touring White Orchid Pearl. Llumar Ceramic Tint, Llumar Platinum PPF, Modesta Ceramic coating on wheels, Sport Grille, Illuminated Door sills, interior Illumination, Maxpider Floormats. Meep Meep Horn delete. KTuner, Progress Bar.

Old- 2015 Black Accord Sport, Illuminated Door Sills, Interior Illumnation kit, Painted splash guards, rear bumper reflector kit, Window tint 30%, Katzkin Leather, LED Tailights, Touring Headlights.
post #12 of 12 Old 04-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Retired G-Man

I actually used stainless steel zip ties (2 per black box). There are also hi temp non-metallic ties available.

2013 EX-L I4 Sedan W/Navi
Alabaster Silver Over Black
LED Strip Light, OEM Door Sill Trim, Philips H9 Lows,
Toshiba HIR1 Highs, Removed Fuse For DRL, exLEDusa
Interior And License Plate Kit, WeatherTech Floor Mats,
Husky Trunk Tray, V3 Triton DRL and Front and Rear Signals,
Debadged, Magnaflow 14" Dual Mufflers w/Magnaflow Oval Tips,
55% SunTek CarbonXP Tint, Upgraded Horns.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.