My review of the WeatherTech DigitalFit floor liners (Video) - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 02-22-2015, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

My review of the WeatherTech DigitalFit floor liners (Video)

I just did a video review and install of the front and back floor liners in a 2015 Honda Accord LX 4dr. The WeatherTech Digital fit floor liners part ##44481-1-2.

I had a pair of these in my Jeep and loved them. If your on the fence about how they will look or fit in your Accord check out the video.

Thanks

2015 Honda Accord LX 6 speed Modern Steel Metallic
1998 VW Jetta Tdi Polo White with 372k miles daily driver

DIY 9th Gen Honda Accord videos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dieselworld For This Useful Post:
Lexus_Kid (02-25-2015), rsaghr (02-27-2015)
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 02-22-2015, 02:49 PM
3rd Gear

I like the Weathertechs,but I wish they had better coverage of the dead pedal on the drivers side.It only covers about half the pedal and if you were to rest your winter boot on it(full of slush and salt),the briney mixture will run down behind the mat getting the fake carpeted floor wet.My wife just bought a 15 RAV4 and the Weathertechs for hers covers the dead pedal completely.I don't drive my Sport in the winter,but if I did,this would be a major concern for me.

post #3 of 30 Old 02-23-2015, 06:09 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansflhti View Post
I like the Weathertechs,but I wish they had better coverage of the dead pedal on the drivers side.It only covers about half the pedal and if you were to rest your winter boot on it(full of slush and salt),the briney mixture will run down behind the mat getting the fake carpeted floor wet.My wife just bought a 15 RAV4 and the Weathertechs for hers covers the dead pedal completely.I don't drive my Sport in the winter,but if I did,this would be a major concern for me.
I had the Digitalfit liner and got rid of them mainly because of that. It only covered half of the dead pedal, and the plastic material was too hard/slipperly. I could imagine my shoes skating around in that thing once it got wet during the rainy season. I replaced it with the Weathertech all season mats and couldn't be happier.

post #4 of 30 Old 02-23-2015, 07:51 AM
4th Gear

I considered the WT, didn't like the deadpedal coverage, and I saw them in friends Benz and they look Granny with that foolish emblem. Just not for me..

I went Maxpider and couldn't be happier. Coverage is awesome and they look superb in the car.

New- 2017 Touring White Orchid Pearl. Llumar Ceramic Tint, Llumar Platinum PPF, Modesta Ceramic coating on wheels, Sport Grille, Illuminated Door sills, interior Illumination, Maxpider Floormats. Meep Meep Horn delete. KTuner, Progress Bar.

Old- 2015 Black Accord Sport, Illuminated Door Sills, Interior Illumnation kit, Painted splash guards, rear bumper reflector kit, Window tint 30%, Katzkin Leather, LED Tailights, Touring Headlights.
post #5 of 30 Old 02-23-2015, 01:04 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Consider the Aries 3d mats. They cover the dead pedal fully and I prefer the finish. The weathertechs in my other car have been durable but the appearance isn't as nice imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to vr6vdub For This Useful Post:
JenerationX (02-26-2015)
post #6 of 30 Old 02-26-2015, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Never knew about the Aries mats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 30 Old 02-26-2015, 07:59 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselworld View Post
Never knew about the Aries mats.
Aries and Maxpider are the SAME mat. Aries is an offshoot of Maxpider who was the original in this material. They are the EXACT same and the only thing you have to decide is which emblem you like better, one that says Aries 3D, or just 3D (maxpider). Which isn't an important detail overall, the mats are just amazing looking in the car compared to the Weathertechs

New- 2017 Touring White Orchid Pearl. Llumar Ceramic Tint, Llumar Platinum PPF, Modesta Ceramic coating on wheels, Sport Grille, Illuminated Door sills, interior Illumination, Maxpider Floormats. Meep Meep Horn delete. KTuner, Progress Bar.

Old- 2015 Black Accord Sport, Illuminated Door Sills, Interior Illumnation kit, Painted splash guards, rear bumper reflector kit, Window tint 30%, Katzkin Leather, LED Tailights, Touring Headlights.
post #8 of 30 Old 02-26-2015, 08:18 AM
Yes, I'm a girl.

Got the Aries 3D last week and LOVE them. I didn't want anything rugged looking. I think they actually look better than having the regular carpeted mats in. The only thing I can complain about (which isn't an issue for me because I rarely use the rear seat), is that for the coupe, it's now 2 separate mats for the back seats instead of covering the center. (I have an 8th gen, don't know about the 9th.)

~Jen~
2008 EX-L V6 Coupe - BBP
2004 EX-L V6 Coupe - SMR - RIP :(
post #9 of 30 Old 02-26-2015, 11:17 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Get the Husky's and call it a day. Better than these in my opinion.
post #10 of 30 Old 02-26-2015, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

I just looked on the Aries website. The mats have a very weird waffle type pattern, looks like it would be a pain to keep clean. Did not see any pics of Hondas with them. Just looking at them I think I made the right choice going with the Weather Tech ones.

post #11 of 30 Old 02-26-2015, 01:47 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
I just looked on the Aries website. The mats have a very weird waffle type pattern, looks like it would be a pain to keep clean. Did not see any pics of Hondas with them. Just looking at them I think I made the right choice going with the Weather Tech ones.
Coming from an owner who lives in the horrid weather conditions of NE, I can attest to the fact the Aries/Maxpider mats are EASY as pie to clean. Nothing about the pattern makes them difficult to clean. It's an embossed pattern not an actual weave.

post #12 of 30 Old 02-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Yes, I'm a girl.

Pictures here: Aries 3D floor mats

I think the flash or lighting is making them look gray there. They're definitely pitch black but have a sheen if you've got light at an angle.

~Jen~
2008 EX-L V6 Coupe - BBP
2004 EX-L V6 Coupe - SMR - RIP :(
post #13 of 30 Old 02-26-2015, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

They look ok, but I don't think I can get over the texture. It looks weird to me.

post #14 of 30 Old 02-26-2015, 03:15 PM
3rd Gear

How is the pricing on the Aries compared to the Weathertechs?
post #15 of 30 Old 02-26-2015, 03:47 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
They look ok, but I don't think I can get over the texture. It looks weird to me.
They look sportier than the WT mats. More uniform. Depends on what you are shooting for. personal preference is always what it comes down to. I personally think the weather tech mats look utilitarian and grannyish. But thats just me. I don't think there is one better than the other, quality-wise, so it really comes down to brand loyalty and look.

Build quality on the Aries and Maxpider is top notch and fit is perfection.

Advertisement

Tags
floor liners, weathertech floor mats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.