headlights on accord v6 and v4 - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 29 Old 01-18-2015, 05:45 PM
Honda Newb

V6 sedans have the LED DRLS. I4 sedans use the high beams at reduced intensity. Same goes for the coupe versions.

2014 Accord EX, Hematite/Black
Lamin-X fog covers (amber)
Modified factory airbox
LEDs here & there
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 Old 01-18-2015, 05:56 PM
top gear

canada model 4cyl touring sedans have the LED running lights

'14 Accord Sport 6MT w/Leather
'12 Acura MDX Elite
'15 Ford Transit incoming!
post #18 of 29 Old 01-19-2015, 09:31 AM
2014 Coupe V6 EX-Lnav

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOKhanhOo View Post
Add to this, Coupes comes with LED headlights on V6 models in Canada
That.

and they are gorgeous

post #19 of 29 Old 01-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Blinded by the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
That.

and they are gorgeous
They are ugly Acura want-a-bee lights. Their output is also horrible compared to xenon projectors.

These are gorgeous:

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-

-

-

-

2013 Triumph Street Triple
-Doesn't need any mods...
post #20 of 29 Old 01-19-2015, 08:46 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr14 View Post
They are ugly Acura want-a-bee lights. Their output is also horrible compared to xenon projectors.

These are gorgeous:
Horrible? Surely you can't be serious. I have done the test and demonstrated the output and posted pics on this forum: Accord Touring LED Lights>MDX projector Xenons>MDX Halogen projectors.

As one who has owned easily a dozen cars with Xenons and one Accord LED, the LED output is better. Just in case someone is thinking "revisionist history". I currently own a '12 MDX with factory projector Xenons to compare in the here and now.

Although the new Acuras have attractive multi module LEDs, the output is no better than a dual module LED like Accord and Avalon.

Brace yourself for BMW's Laser (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emitted Radiation) headlights that will render everything else obsolete.

Ex-L 4cyl, White Pearl/Ivory
Honda factory LED Touring Headlight, 3M Di-NOC Bubinga wood vinyl dash trim, Horn Upgrade, LED interior, trunk, license, Splash Guards

II Kings 9:20-"The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he driveth furiously."
The Following User Says Thank You to II Kings 9:20 For This Useful Post:
14v6 (01-19-2015)
post #21 of 29 Old 01-20-2015, 10:44 AM
Long live the manual

Garage
Quote:

These are gorgeous:
Well that is your opinion. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally driven at night with Just The DRLs on my Accord & they do work very well plus they look better, just my opinion. Headlight wise that TLX looks like a gaudy spider & I prefer the Accord Coupe front end compared to the TLX. It would be one of the reasons I won't Buy a New Acura. The other reasons being there are no manual transmission Acuras anymore & don't care for the 8 speed auto gearbox in the TLX.

2014 Honda Accord Coupe V6 EXL 6 speed manual
------------------------------------------------
Horn Upgrade from College Hills
LED Fog Lights
LED Interior Lights
Hidden Hitch
post #22 of 29 Old 01-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Blinded by the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Kings 9:20 View Post
Horrible? Surely you can't be serious. I have done the test and demonstrated the output and posted pics on this forum: Accord Touring LED Lights>MDX projector Xenons>MDX Halogen projectors.

As one who has owned easily a dozen cars with Xenons and one Accord LED, the LED output is better. Just in case someone is thinking "revisionist history". I currently own a '12 MDX with factory projector Xenons to compare in the here and now.

Although the new Acuras have attractive multi module LEDs, the output is no better than a dual module LED like Accord and Avalon.

Brace yourself for BMW's Laser (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emitted Radiation) headlights that will render everything else obsolete.
Horrible might not have been the right word. Disappointing would be better. Maybe you missed this thread:

Video of Touring LED headlights vs 4G TL Retrofit

The Acura projectors blow away the LED lights in my opinion, and many others there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifting_myself View Post
Well that is your opinion. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally driven at night with Just The DRLs on my Accord & they do work very well plus they look better, just my opinion. Headlight wise that TLX looks like a gaudy spider & I prefer the Accord Coupe front end compared to the TLX. It would be one of the reasons I won't Buy a New Acura. The other reasons being there are no manual transmission Acuras anymore & don't care for the 8 speed auto gearbox in the TLX.
The ugly design of the two projectors is my opinion, the better output isn't. If you can't tell when your headlights are on at night... I guess they made the auto headlight switch for drivers like yourself! It's night and day when I turn on my headlights compared to the LED DRL in the V6.

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-

-

-

-

-

-

The Following User Says Thank You to nayr14 For This Useful Post:
II Kings 9:20 (01-20-2015)
post #23 of 29 Old 01-20-2015, 11:50 AM
6th Gear

I thought someone said the touring led headlight retrofits aren't as bright as the actual tourings that came with them. Problem with the way they are controlled maybe?

13 EX 6MT MSM
99 Civic Turbo 480whp
post #24 of 29 Old 01-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Blinded by the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyden View Post
I thought someone said the touring led headlight retrofits aren't as bright as the actual tourings that came with them. Problem with the way they are controlled maybe?
I read that too, someone got a pair and they were different colors.

It's not just the brightness, but the Acura projectors have a wider beam pattern as well. I wonder if the TLX and MDX have a wide dispersal due to the extra elements. Not to mention it's cheaper than the LED headlights.

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-

-

-

-

-

-

post #25 of 29 Old 01-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Horrible might not have been the right word. Disappointing would be better. Maybe you missed this thread:

Missed that thread thanks for the link. I'll repeat that the LED Accord light is better that stock Xenons in my MDX but also will agree that the retrofit indeed has better output than stock LED. No surprise actually, aftermarket stereos sound better than stock in nearly all cases. I get flashed 5-10% by people thinking my high beams are on. I wonder how these fare from other drivers on 2 lane roads at night

Ex-L 4cyl, White Pearl/Ivory
Honda factory LED Touring Headlight, 3M Di-NOC Bubinga wood vinyl dash trim, Horn Upgrade, LED interior, trunk, license, Splash Guards

II Kings 9:20-"The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he driveth furiously."
post #26 of 29 Old 01-21-2015, 04:15 AM
2014 Coupe V6 EX-Lnav

Quote:

These are gorgeous:
1. Wannabe does not really apply since Honda is the one who actually owns Acura
2. Their output is better than xenon outputs as supported by numerous reviews.
3. Ugliness is a relative term. What would be ugly to you might not be for others. I happen to know many people who favor the light setup we get up here in canada for our V6 as compared to the jewel eye setup.
post #27 of 29 Old 01-21-2015, 04:28 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
3. Ugliness is a relative term. What would be ugly to you might not be for others. I happen to know many people who favor the light setup we get up here in canada for our V6 as compared to the jewel eye setup.
I like the Acura Jewel Eye lights better than any Honda setup in including the LED on the Touring trim level.
1) They double as DRLs which look quite good though not as bright as the Honda LED DRL.
2) The jewel eye setup does not have the ugly high beam housing that all the Honda trim levels still have, even the Honda models with LED still have the reflector high beams.

'16 Accord Touring Coupe
Crystal Black/Black

Summer- 235/40-19 Michelin MXM4
Winter- 215/55-17 Michelin X-Ice Xi3

Previous:
'14 EX-L V6 Coupe
'13 EX-L I4 Coupe
post #28 of 29 Old 01-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Long live the manual

Garage
Quote:

The Acura projectors blow away the LED lights in my opinion, and many others there.

The ugly design of the two projectors is my opinion, the better output isn't. If you can't tell when your headlights are on at night... I guess they made the auto headlight switch for drivers like yourself! It's night and day when I turn on my headlights compared to the LED DRL in the V6.
The whole Acura lineup has those same ugly gaudy spider eye headlights. Way too over the Top for my tastes, I lean towards performance rather than show ! The interior of the TLX is nothing special either. For the money the Accord V6 is just way better all around. Just my opinion that is shared by many enthusiasts. Paying 6k to 7k more for a TLX I would expect more performance & a more fun driving experience. Acura seems to be catering to the older crowd now not the performance crowd. After owning an Integra GSR for 17 years none of the cars in their lineup appealed to me like the Accord Coupe V6 with the manual 6 speed.

2014 Honda Accord Coupe V6 EXL 6 speed manual
------------------------------------------------
Horn Upgrade from College Hills
LED Fog Lights
LED Interior Lights
Hidden Hitch
post #29 of 29 Old 01-21-2015, 09:09 PM
Blinded by the light

Quote:
It might be better than HID's in the halogen projectors, but that's because they aren't designed for HID's. Their output appears to be dimmer and more constricted than the 4th gen Acura TL Xenon projectors, as I linked in the video comparison above.

I said they're ugly because I think they are ugly compared to the MDX/TLX. That's my opinion, not sure why people need to clarify that for me.

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-

-

-

-

-

-

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.