Philips 7443 921 194 LED bulbs reviewed - by on2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 12-10-2014, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
radio-pro.ru Sponsor

Philips 7443 921 194 LED bulbs reviewed - by on2

An unbiased Review of Philips' 7443, 921/T16, and T10 LED bulbs in a 2014 Honda Accord

written by radio-pro.ru member 'on2'

Link to Review:

Philips recently introduced Road-Legal LED replacement bulbs, and many forum members have asked for a practical, real-life review of the bulbs.

Forum member 'on2' took it upon himself to review 3 of these bulbs (194, 921, and 7443), and put together a detailed review of the bulbs, including before/after pics and honest feedback (no marketing fluff).

Sneak Peak:

Link to Review:

Steve

Use our
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tool to find the right lighting for your Accord, and the most up-to-date Honda Accord lamp replacement guide!

1-877-522-2701 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by XenonDepot; 12-10-2014 at 12:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XenonDepot For This Useful Post:
Graycar (12-13-2014), redfox302 (12-10-2014)
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 12-10-2014, 11:12 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
An unbiased Review of Philips' 7443, 921/T16, and T10 LED bulbs in a 2014 Honda Accord

written by radio-pro.ru member 'on2'

Link to Review:

Philips recently introduced Road-Legal LED replacement bulbs, and many forum members have asked for a practical, real-life review of the bulbs.

Forum member 'on2' took it upon himself to review 3 of these bulbs (194, 921, and 7443), and put together a detailed review of the bulbs, including" so before/after pics and honest feedback (no marketing fluff).

Sneak Peak:

Link to Review:

Steve

I have the 7443 brake lights installed. I agree with the assessment that these are OEM replacement. The output to the rear and to the sides is at least as good as OEM. In my opinion the output is better. There is no time delay during turn on or turn off as there is with a halogen bulb. Finally the life span is greater so I should never experience a burned out brake light.

post #3 of 26 Old 12-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

So my take away is that this is like replacing the 800 lumen, 60w incandescent bulb in your lamp at home with a 60w equivalent LED. Basically, the same performance with lower power consumption and quicker turn on.

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic

post #4 of 26 Old 12-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Corvalis TTX

My only comment is that on2 and some posters in this thread are referring to the little OEM incandescent bulbs as "halogen bulbs" when in fact these bulbs are not halogen bulbs at all. They do not use/incorporate the halogen cycle as halogen headlight bulbs do.

Other than this, great review by on2.
post #5 of 26 Old 12-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Corvalis TTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
So my take away is that this is like replacing the 800 lumen, 60w incandescent bulb in your lamp at home with a 60w equivalent LED. Basically, the same performance with lower power consumption and quicker turn on.

Jay
Pretty much. They will also produce a proper light pattern unlike the bulbs from the likes of VLEDS and others aftermarket LED vendors that have done no proper photo metric testing.

These Philips LEDS should last longer than the incandescent bulbs they replace and I'd wager they'll outlast any other LED drop in on the market too. Philips spent millions of dollars developing these and it shows.

Mark - Retired automotive lighting engineer
14 Accord Touring V6 Sedan

2014 Audi S4 | 2016 Porsche GT3-RS | 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 | 2012 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX

Gone but not forgotten :97 Jaguar XJ6 | 95 Ford Taurus SHO | 77 MGB
post #6 of 26 Old 12-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Car so nice, bought twice

So they work as intended in the 9G, just not very well in the 8G. As I mentioned in my writeup they only shoot light into the reflector housing, so in taillights like the 8G where you can see the OEM bulb and filament from the outside and there's no diffuser/lens (like the 9G), performance may drop dramatically.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

post #7 of 26 Old 12-10-2014, 04:52 PM
7th Gear

is on2 Banned all his threads and posts have disappeared?

2013 Accord Sport
XenonDepot 5000K HID | V6 LED Headlights
LED Tail lights | Glovebox Light Wired
Gutter Guard Protection | Courtesy Light Wired
ExLED Map, Dome, Reverse light and Reflectors
Viper Ultra Tint 18% | LED License and Trunk light
post #8 of 26 Old 12-11-2014, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
radio-pro.ru Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
My only comment is that on2 and some posters in this thread are referring to the little OEM incandescent bulbs as "halogen bulbs" when in fact these bulbs are not halogen bulbs at all. They do not use/incorporate the halogen cycle as halogen headlight bulbs do.

Other than this, great review by on2.
Good Point!

drowned12: There id no doubt that these will work bettering some housings other then others. The thing that on2 did a great job pointing out is the intended application of these bulbs, which is "OEM replacement."

trickbiker121 - I'm not sure what happened.

Use our
tool to find the right lighting for your Accord, and the most up-to-date Honda Accord lamp replacement guide!

1-877-522-2701 |

post #9 of 26 Old 12-11-2014, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
radio-pro.ru Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
Pretty much. They will also produce a proper light pattern unlike the bulbs from the likes of VLEDS and others aftermarket LED vendors that have done no proper photo metric testing.

These Philips LEDS should last longer than the incandescent bulbs they replace and I'd wager they'll outlast any other LED drop in on the market too. Philips spent millions of dollars developing these and it shows.
Markus - you want me to sent you a pair to try out?

Use our

1-877-522-2701 |

post #10 of 26 Old 12-11-2014, 09:41 AM
5th Gear

For the rear, do we need 2 packages to cover the inner and outer rear brake light on both sides?
hastingsharry likes this.

2013 Blk/Blk Sport 6MT - Sold
2016 Porsche Cayman 6MT
post #11 of 26 Old 12-11-2014, 12:39 PM
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS

Very detailed, thorough, and helpful review! Really interested in the 921 bulbs for the reverse lights. Time to start up my piggy bank again. Going to have to wait till after my Christmas shopping is done haha.

Now if only we could hit that "Thanks" button for on2's help in this all...

2014 White Orchid Pearl/Ivory Accord EX-L V6 Sedan w/o Navi - CR3 Baby

Fav Mods:

Plasti-Dip Chrome Grill Inserts

Gloss Black Vinyl Roof
ExLED Interior+Plate Lights
5000k Morimoto HIDs
2500k Nokya Yellow Fogs
V-LED V3 Triton Switchbacks
Takeda Black SRI
TEIN SB Coilovers+SPC 3-arm Rear Camber Kit
5G TLX V6 FWD 25.4mm (Hollow) RSB
AFD Splitters
8G Accord 19" HFP Wheels
H&R DRM 25mm Rear Spacers
post #12 of 26 Old 12-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Blinded by the light

It's a good review, I wish we had a DSLR camera though. If you'd like me to take detailed photo's of the brake light bulbs in the Couple let me know. I've done so with the halogen vs another popular LED competitor to get a better idea of output:

1/20 f/4.5, ISO 200 - 49mm
Left - LED <--> Right - OEM Incandescent

I don't know why they decided to ban On2, but I hope he comes back.

2013 Accord Coupe V6
-

-

-

-

-

-

2013 Triumph Street Triple
-Doesn't need any mods...
post #13 of 26 Old 12-12-2014, 10:52 AM
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )

on2, where you go
post #14 of 26 Old 12-12-2014, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
radio-pro.ru Sponsor

Chaidell: What year is your Accord?

nayr14: Great picture! I may take you up on that... Would it possible to give you a call to discuss? IF so, please send me a PM with your phone number.

Steve

Use our

1-877-522-2701 |

post #15 of 26 Old 12-12-2014, 11:48 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
Chaidell: What year is your Accord?

nayr14: Great picture! I may take you up on that... Would it possible to give you a call to discuss? IF so, please send me a PM with your phone number.

Steve
2013 sport

2013 Blk/Blk Sport 6MT - Sold
2016 Porsche Cayman 6MT
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.