Subaru Legacy 2015 vs Current Accord discussion - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 64 Old 11-11-2014, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Subaru Legacy 2015 vs Current Accord discussion

How about a 2015 Subaru Legacy discussion here versus the Accord? Consumer Reports just gave it a glowing review. It is now their top rated family sedan scoring 89 for the 2.5 Premium model vs 85 for the Accord LX.

Pros/Cons (the major differences to me):

Acceleration: Accord (7.7 secs vs 10.2 on 4 cylinder versions)
Brake: Legacy
Ride: Legacy
Fuel economy: Accord
Others: Legacy has 60/40 split rear seat.

What do you guys / gals think?

Advertisement

post #2 of 64 Old 11-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Fear The Turtle!

I think AWD and a more "conventional" interior layout vs. the Accord would sway a lot of buyers. The flat four just sounds like poo when pushed hard. Lack of a manual in the Legacy is disappointing.

Mike

2006 Accord EX-L K24 5MT ASM -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1961 Impala 2 Door Sedan Flat Roof 3MT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Wife's
2008 Hyundai Sonata SE V6
2012 Tacoma TRD Sport CCSB 1GR 6MT 4WD MGM
2011 Civic Si K20 6MT CBP
2001 Pathfinder SE VQ35 5MT SB
2006 Excursion Limited V10 4WD 4AT
1997 Pathfinder SE VG33 5AT
1999 ML320 5AT
1996 Accord LX F22 4AT
post #3 of 64 Old 11-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Corvalis TTX

For the guys that value their self worth by having the fastest car in it's class, and by constantly harping on about how the Accord is so quick, the Accord wins. For guys that want AWD the Legacy wins. Other than that I don't see too much difference between the two - they are both utilitarian family cars that do what they are intended to do.

Mark - Retired automotive lighting engineer
14 Accord Touring V6 Sedan

2014 Audi S4 | 2016 Porsche GT3-RS | 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 | 2012 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX

Gone but not forgotten :97 Jaguar XJ6 | 95 Ford Taurus SHO | 77 MGB

post #4 of 64 Old 11-11-2014, 08:54 AM
JZP
Tampa FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cintocrunch View Post
Lack of a manual in the Legacy is disappointing.
I agree

2014 MSM Accord Sport 6MT, Leather seats with red stitching, tint, all weather floor mats, cargo tray
2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 with Touring package

Previous:
- 2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 (Wife's Car)
- 2006 Accord EX V6 Auto (traded)
- 2008 Blue SUBARU Tribeca
- 1992 Civic hatch w/ B16b and JDM LSD 5MT transmission, 16" volcano wheels, red Recaro racing seats, all JDM interior (too much $$$ now I regret it)
-1988 white Accord DX Coupe 5MT (my very first car)
post #5 of 64 Old 11-11-2014, 04:19 PM
3rd Gear

Can you say 576watt Harmon Kardon stereo!!

2013 Accord Sport 6Speed Black
Tints
Weather Tech Floor Mats
Full OEM Aero Kit
18" Niche Targa M131 wheels
Aftermarket Katzkin Two Tone Black/Mahogany Leather Interior

*sold* now driving 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited
post #6 of 64 Old 11-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Lebowski Urban Achiever

I think the Subaru is a fine ride but if you're gonna keep it for the long haul I'll bet the same rules apply to a 2015 model that applied to an '85 model:

<shop owner quote> "Subaru parts are hard to get, expensive to buy & a PITA to replace."

And no stick? WTH, Subaru! You used to be cool.

Still trying to get over my 'experience' with an '86 XT 4WD turbo coupe <shudder>

'13 Accord LX 6MT (road tripper)
'06 Ford Focus ZXW Wagon 2.0L Auto (beach box)
'06 Shadow (therapist)
'05 Murray 3.5 HP push mower (gym)
post #7 of 64 Old 11-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Thunder Up!

Consumer Reports.

Lol.

'15 WOP v6 sedan
'17 Lux. XT5 AWD
post #8 of 64 Old 11-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
For the guys that value their self worth by having the fastest car in it's class, and by constantly harping on about how the Accord is so quick, the Accord wins.
Why can't you just accept that some of us really appreciate the Accord V6 as a very "quick" car in its class, without resorting to ridiculing those who value this feature?

And it is not a case of me (and others) being overly "sensitive," rather I've just heard your tired, old, "self-worth" line one too many times. Do us a favor and drop it. Thanks.

2013 Accord Coupe V6-6MT MSM
The Following User Says Thank You to Graycar For This Useful Post:
slimm1469 (02-14-2015)
post #9 of 64 Old 11-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Corvalis TTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graycar View Post
Why can't you just accept that some of us really appreciate the Accord V6 as a very "quick" car in its class, without resorting to ridiculing those who value this feature?

And it is not a case of me (and others) being overly "sensitive," rather I've just heard your tired, old, "self-worth" line one too many times. Do us a favor and drop it. Thanks.
I do feel that some here value their self worth by how fast their car is. If this offends you then, well, feel free to put me on ignore I suppose. I can't imagine how my thoughts could offend anyone who doesn't value their self worth in this way and, at the same time, is sensitive about it when when mentioned, however. Valuing how quick your car is and basing your self worth on how quick it is are two different things, as I'm sure you're aware.

I do appreciate how quick the V6 Accord is - I own one after all. I just don't put it on a pedestal nor do I feel better about myself because I own a quick family sedan. My self worth is based on what I've accomplished in my life, not on how quick my car is. For others - YMMV I suppose.
post #10 of 64 Old 11-12-2014, 02:09 PM
2nd Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
For the guys that value their self worth by having the fastest car in it's class, and by constantly harping on about how the Accord is so quick, the Accord wins. For guys that want AWD the Legacy wins. Other than that I don't see too much difference between the two - they are both utilitarian family cars that do what they are intended to do.
I agree 100%

2017 Accord SE CVT.
2016 Mazda CX9 Sport AWD.
2015 Honda Goldwing F6B Deluxe.
2014 Honda CTX700.
post #11 of 64 Old 11-13-2014, 02:30 PM
2nd Gear

The lease on our Altima is up, returning it tomorrow. I'm also considering a Legacy as a replacement, mostly for the AWD but not sure about the poor acceleration and I don't want the 6 cylinder cause they aren't that common and probably not as reliable. It looks a lot better than the last gen. I'm also looking at the Mazda 6 now that its got a J VIN and looks a lot better. But something about the Legacy is telling me it's a better choice, especially if this winter is going to be as bad as last year.

2013 Accord Touring

Previous:
2010 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
2011 BMW 328xi
post #12 of 64 Old 11-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaghr View Post
The lease on our Altima is up, returning it tomorrow. I'm also considering a Legacy as a replacement, mostly for the AWD but not sure about the poor acceleration and I don't want the 6 cylinder cause they aren't that common and probably not as reliable. It looks a lot better than the last gen. I'm also looking at the Mazda 6 now that its got a J VIN and looks a lot better. But something about the Legacy is telling me it's a better choice, especially if this winter is going to be as bad as last year.
I'm guessing that the 3.6 L six-cylinder engine is on the way out, as it is only available now in the Limited trim on the Legacy and Outback models. The 2.5 L four cylinder is the dominant engine, and it gets considerably better fuel mileage than the six, albeit with slower acceleration (9.2 seconds 0-60 mph vs 7.1 seconds).

For those who desire more power, I look for Subaru to offer the new FA 2.0 L turbo engine in the Legacy and Outback at some point as a replacement for the 3.6 L engine. This 2.0 L turbo engine is already available in the Forester (250 HP) and the WRX (268 HP).

In any case, if AWD is on your list of desired features, you can't go wrong with a Subaru, IMO.

2013 Accord Coupe V6-6MT MSM
post #13 of 64 Old 11-17-2014, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaghr View Post
What car did you end up getting?
post #14 of 64 Old 11-17-2014, 12:45 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
Consumer Reports.

Lol.
I actually enjoy their Talking Cars Podcast - the guys who do the show seem to be pretty knowledgeable and seem to be true "car guys" not just guys who used to do home appliances and got transferred over to cars.

----------------------------------
2015 Acura TLX Tech
2016 Honda CRV EX-L
post #15 of 64 Old 11-17-2014, 03:21 PM

Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
Consumer Reports.

Lol.
Agreed....aren't these the clowns that named the Impala the best sedan this year? The Impala? By Chevy? A GM product? Best? Meth much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdreibelbis View Post
I actually enjoy their Talking Cars Podcast - the guys who do the show seem to be pretty knowledgeable and seem to be true "car guys" not just guys who used to do home appliances and got transferred over to cars.

Will have to check this out and see if they have redeemed themselves.

Sister Mary Stigmata: "Get out, and don't come back until you've redeemed yourselves".

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.