WeatherTech vs. Husky vs. Aries Floormats - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 69 Old 10-14-2014, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Too tall for most cars

WeatherTech vs. Husky vs. Aries Floormats

Hey all,

With winter coming up, I am looking to replace the stock mats with something that will go up against the winter months and keep the floor of the car nice and clean. Being in Minnesota, we get lots of snow and lots of snow removal crap dragged into the cars (salt, slush, grit, etc).

I have Weathertech's in my Honda Odyssey and LOVE them, but I do see that there are several other makes out there including the Husky and Aries ones.

Given the price difference, what are people's experience with the various brands.

To my eye, while the Aries look cool, they will probably let the accumulated snow melt and salt slosh around in it.

The Husky ones would likely perform as well as the Weathertechs, although I do like the fact that the rear mat has the center hump 'texture'.

I have a mid seat rider that this would benefit. Question is, is that an insert or is it molded into the plastic? (ie. will it leak at the seam).

Anyone out there with some opinions?

Thanks!

2014 Accord Sport 6 M/T
OEM splash guards
Purchased for $20K ($21354 OTD) in August 2014.
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 Old 10-15-2014, 05:35 AM
3rd Gear

i have the Huskys and love them. No issues so far and i have 2 kids under 8 that miss their mouth on a consistent basis. The "hump" in the middle rear is attached to the whole section. I think thats what you are trying to ask? There are several threads on husky and floor mats in general. To be honest my reasoning for going with the Huskys was the price ~$110 shipped. I think I would be just as happy with the weather techs but they were more than I wanted to spend on floor mats.

2014 V6 Sedan EX-L w/ Navi Black
post #3 of 69 Old 10-15-2014, 07:06 AM
sbi
4th Gear

I have the Huskys in my 2013, although I just got them few months ago, never run a Massachusetts winter with them yet.
As the OP - only reasoning was the price difference.

2005 Accord EX I-4 Graphite Pearl
2013 Accord EX Modern Steel Metallic

post #4 of 69 Old 10-15-2014, 07:28 AM
sai
2nd Gear

I have husky liners in my 2012 mustang gt, they look and fit nice, I ordered a set for 2015 hah touring, I will get them some time today.I think weather tech and husky liners look similar, husky liner are more grippy, covers more area, cheaper than weather tech.
post #5 of 69 Old 10-15-2014, 07:47 AM
2nd Gear

Just got my Aries and I like them a lot. Obviously haven't experienced a winter with them yet so can't comment on your worry that the melted snow will slosh around. However I try to minimize the amount of snow I track into the car with the simple knock of the feet together before getting in.
post #6 of 69 Old 10-15-2014, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Too tall for most cars

Yep, while I try to get my passengers to knock off the snow, I can't always guarantee they will being kids and all.. plus all snow in the treads of the shoes, accumulates and makes a mess of things....

2014 Accord Sport 6 M/T
OEM splash guards
post #7 of 69 Old 10-15-2014, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Too tall for most cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarkw8157 View Post
i have the Huskys and love them. No issues so far and i have 2 kids under 8 that miss their mouth on a consistent basis. The "hump" in the middle rear is attached to the whole section. I think thats what you are trying to ask? There are several threads on husky and floor mats in general. To be honest my reasoning for going with the Huskys was the price ~$110 shipped. I think I would be just as happy with the weather techs but they were more than I wanted to spend on floor mats.
Who'd you buy them from for $110 shipped?

2014 Accord Sport 6 M/T
OEM splash guards
post #8 of 69 Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 AM
GTP
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionrx View Post
Who'd you buy them from for $110 shipped?
X2 and did you get the complete rear coverage with the "hump" covered as well?

2014 Accord Sport White Orchid Pearl CVT

Salvation is not found in a religion...it's found in a person, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.
post #9 of 69 Old 10-15-2014, 10:15 AM
1st Gear

I have weathertechs in my wifes accord and while they do fit nice, I hope Husky makes the xact contour mats for the accord. I just got the xact contours for the 14 Sierra crew cab and they are much nicer imo that the weathertechs. Here are some pics of them in the sierra.

post #10 of 69 Old 10-15-2014, 01:40 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP View Post
X2 and did you get the complete rear coverage with the "hump" covered as well?
Yup. I got them last xmas from autoanything.com. They had them on sale and i also used a 10% coup which they throw around all the time. Keep an eye out this fall/holiday season for them to go on sale. Right now they are $140 shipped. The pics dont show the connected hump but it comes as one gigantic piece like in the OPs pic.

2014 V6 Sedan EX-L w/ Navi Black
post #11 of 69 Old 10-15-2014, 07:50 PM
GTP
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarkw8157 View Post
Yup. I got them last xmas from autoanything.com. They had them on sale and i also used a 10% coup which they throw around all the time. Keep an eye out this fall/holiday season for them to go on sale. Right now they are $140 shipped. The pics dont show the connected hump but it comes as one gigantic piece like in the OPs pic.

Thanks!

2014 Accord Sport White Orchid Pearl CVT

Salvation is not found in a religion...it's found in a person, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.
post #12 of 69 Old 10-15-2014, 08:59 PM
4th Gear

I ended up buying the Honda floor liners. They cover deep but the back seat ones don't cover the hump, just the foot areas. It also came with the trunk liner. And mud guards. Im happy with them.
post #13 of 69 Old 10-18-2014, 08:35 AM
1st Gear

Wanted to chime in, I've got the Aries 3D mats for the front seats of my 2015 Hybrid. Bought the 2014 mats and they fit very well, matching the outline. I really like the look, that it doesn't have that rubber look that the Weather-Tech mats have (it's much more subtle), and like that they're fairly stiff. I'd definitely recommend them.
post #14 of 69 Old 10-18-2014, 09:05 AM
Yo Yo Ma

I have a 2014 Sport and purchased the Husky liners from Amazon for around $130 they are a bit expensive but they are defiantly worth it.
post #15 of 69 Old 10-18-2014, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Too tall for most cars

Alright.... gonna keep an eye out on the sales especially black Friday and towards xmas.... still undecided. Leaning towards Husky simply due to cost.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.