Just installed CT Engineering short shift adapter - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-20-2014, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Just installed CT Engineering short shift adapter

I was inspired by this video to find a short shift option for my car. Through some research, I found that even though there isn't an adapter made specific for the 9th gen, the part from the 7th gen would work and CT Engineering made one. Actually, the part is exactly the same for 7th and 8th gen Accord, 1st and 2nd gen TSX, 3rd and 4th gen TL; the only difference are the instructions that come with it. You will notice in the video below, I also needed to trim some of the plastic off for clearance purposes. For that reason, I imagine this is why they do not sell for out generation.

Going back, I wish I would have taken pictures but I didn't realize until after the fact that I would like to share with you all

I followed the video for the most part but the hardest time I had was trying to remove the black retainer holding the shifter rod into the base. Instead, I removed all four screws in the base, pried the wire harness clips off the base and disconnected the shifter cables from the base. That was a bit of a pain until i realized how they were connected... both come out the same way tho. Lift up the white clip on each cable and you will have to turn the black plastic closest to you counter-clockwise. they are spring loaded and will tighten themselves back up so you have to hold it carefully and while you are holding it, lift up and the cable should come free. both work exactly the same. From that point, I had the shifter assembly out of the car and it was pretty easy from that point. I did have to hammer down the adapter as it was a snug fit.

After putting everything together and testing out, I must say, It's a night and day difference! I still think I want to take 1/2 to 3/4 off of the rod length to lower the shift knob but that might wait, as I do not want to make the throws so short I find myself hunting for the right gear.

check this guy's video: (I believe he is a member)

2013 Accord LX 6MT Modern Steel Metallic
1970 Dodge Challenger 440 R/T Convertible Plumcrazy Purple

Past Hondas:
1988 Accord LX Misty Beige Metallic R.I.P.(my first car)
1994 Integra RS
2002 Accord LX Coupe 5MT
2005 Civic Si-R.I.P
1992 Accord Sedan EX
2005 RSX-S
1983 Civic 1300 FE 5-speed(restored and sold)
1991 Accord Sedan DX 5MT
2009 TSX Tech 6MT
2007 Element SC
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to plumcrazebody For This Useful Post:
Fishobaby (08-20-2014), karfreek (08-20-2014), Uncle Luc (08-20-2014)

post #2 of 2 Old 08-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

Very Cool. Thanks!

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.