Best Dealer/Prices for HondaCare Warranty? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 07-10-2014, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Best Dealer/Prices for HondaCare Warranty?

I've called a bunch of dealers trying to get prices for HondaCare extended warranties. The best price I've gotten is $1135 for an 8 year/120,000 mile/$0 deductible plan. A second dealer has come close, with a price of $1150 for the same plan. I got excited when I saw that Honda offers an interest-free payment plan for the program. That excitement quickly faded, however, when I found out that dealer one does not offer the plan and dealer two told me they offered the plan, but that I would have to pay more for the warranty then. (I hate games like this.)

Are these the best prices I can get right now? Do any dealers with comparable prices offer the payment plan? Thanks for any information.

Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 07-10-2014, 09:34 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
I've called a bunch of dealers trying to get prices for HondaCare extended warranties. The best price I've gotten is $1135 for an 8 year/120,000 mile/$0 deductible plan. A second dealer has come close, with a price of $1150 for the same plan. I got excited when I saw that Honda offers an interest-free payment plan for the program. That excitement quickly faded, however, when I found out that dealer one does not offer the plan and dealer two told me they offered the plan, but that I would have to pay more for the warranty then. (I hate games like this.)

Are these the best prices I can get right now? Do any dealers with comparable prices offer the payment plan? Thanks for any information.
what are the two dealers you got quotes from?

post #3 of 32 Old 07-10-2014, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 View Post
what are the two dealers you got quotes from?
Dealer 1 is Hyannis, Dealer 2 is College Hills. The other dealers I called aren't even in the same universe.

post #4 of 32 Old 07-10-2014, 09:49 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Dealer 1 is Hyannis, Dealer 2 is College Hills. The other dealers I called aren't even in the same universe.
try curry honda
post #5 of 32 Old 07-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Rhymes with Mick & Quick

In Spring 2013, I got a 8/120,000/$0 from Hyannis for $1,040. They were, by a good margin, the lowest as compared to Saccucci, Curry, etc. Bob told me that they periodically run specials, so you might want to wait.

Mick

Edit: If you haven't tried Saccucci, get a quote from them. They are in Middletown, RI and were pioneers in selling HondaCare online (they sued Honda to do it).

2017 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Sedan CVT MSM/Gray
All stock.

2018 Honda Civic Type R 6MT
All stock, more or less.

Other Cars: BMW 335i xDrive, BMW 550i, BMW M3, Infiniti QX4, Honda Pilot EX-L, Nissan Maxima SE, Nissan Sentra SE-R, Honda Prelude Si, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic Si, Honda Accord EX-L V6
post #6 of 32 Old 07-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

Quote:

You bought a Honda. You do not need an extended warranty. Put the money in a "just in case" CD at the bank. The odds are stacked against you on this.

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karfreek For This Useful Post:
johnjohn15 (07-10-2014), MartyV6 (07-10-2014)
post #7 of 32 Old 07-10-2014, 10:33 AM
2nd Gear

I just bought my care 2 weeks ago and ended up with a 10 year/120,000 mile/$100 for $1300 I believe.

2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 MSM
OEM All Season Mats | OEM Splash Guards | OEM Trunk Tray | OEM Illuminated Door Sills | 35% SunTek Carbon XP Tint | Takeda SRI | EXLED Interior 7k & License Plate Lights | Zenex / DDM Ballast - DDM 6k Low Beam / DDM 6k Fog
post #8 of 32 Old 07-10-2014, 10:40 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenhalo View Post
I just bought my care 2 weeks ago and ended up with a 10 year/120,000 mile/$100 for $1300 I believe.

I thought honda care only goes to 8 years?

Sent from
post #9 of 32 Old 07-10-2014, 10:53 AM
2014 V6 EXL Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
You bought a Honda. You do not need an extended warranty. Put the money in a "just in case" CD at the bank. The odds are stacked against you on this.

Jay
Agreed
post #10 of 32 Old 07-11-2014, 07:08 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
You're in good health. You do not need health insurance. Put the money in a "just in case" CD at the bank. The odds are stacked against you on this.

You're relatively young. You do not need life insurance. Put the money in a "just in case" CD at the bank. The odds are stacked against you on this.

Your home is in good shape. You do not need property insurance. Put the money in a "just in case" CD at the bank. The odds are stacked against you on this.

You go to work every day. You do not need disability insurance. Put the money in a "just in case" CD at the bank. The odds are stacked against you on this.

And yet so many "foolish" people buy insurance. There is no "one size fits all" answer. Each individual must evaluate their tolerance for risk, their past experience, their feelings of what the future holds, and their financial situation.

If you don't want to directly answer the OP's question, why don't you post your opinions on a more appropriate thread?

My answer: I agree with the above posters for online quotes, but don't overlook giving your local dealer the chance to meet or beat your quote. They might just want the business, and you can get some goodwill for the future.

'13 Accord EXL V6 (63k miles) - SOLD 10/17
'16 Pilot EX-L (13k miles)
'14 CR-V EX (33k miles)
post #11 of 32 Old 07-11-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairallel View Post
You're in good health. You do not need health insurance. Put the money in a "just in case" CD at the bank. The odds are stacked against you on this.

You're relatively young. You do not need life insurance. Put the money in a "just in case" CD at the bank. The odds are stacked against you on this.

Your home is in good shape. You do not need property insurance. Put the money in a "just in case" CD at the bank. The odds are stacked against you on this.

You go to work every day. You do not need disability insurance. Put the money in a "just in case" CD at the bank. The odds are stacked against you on this.

And yet so many "foolish" people buy insurance. There is no "one size fits all" answer. Each individual must evaluate their tolerance for risk, their past experience, their feelings of what the future holds, and their financial situation.

If you don't want to directly answer the OP's question, why don't you post your opinions on a more appropriate thread?

You are tying to compare health/disability/life insurance to an extended car warranty? Whatever you have to do to try to prove your point I guess.

In the price of the car car comes a 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty and a 5/60 powertrain warranty. So why pay now for something that you may not be able to use for 36,000-60,000miles. If during this time the car proves to be a dud get out from under it or lemon law it.

Health Insurance - protects you from hundreds of thoustands of dollars in medical bills.

disability/life insurance - Protects you from losing your income. Insures your family can live if you are gone.

Extended car warranty - Giving someone $$$ now for something you cant even use for 3-5 years or 36,000-60,000mi to protect a depreciating asset that will be worth about 1/2 (If you are lucky) of what you bought it for IF you get to use it.

Maybe im fuched up...

But, there are lots of studies that show extended warranties are a waste of $$$.

Quote:
My answer: I agree with the above posters for online quotes, but don't overlook giving your local dealer the chance to meet or beat your quote. They might just want the business, and you can get some goodwill for the future.
Btw: This is your opinion on his question.

Jay

post #12 of 32 Old 07-11-2014, 07:36 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
You are tying to compare health/disability/life insurance to an extended car warranty?
Jay
It's called exaggeration to make a point. Try focusing on the primary point made - that there are many different factors involved in the decision.

And don't forget the secondary point - it's not polite to hijack threads.

'13 Accord EXL V6 (63k miles) - SOLD 10/17
'16 Pilot EX-L (13k miles)
'14 CR-V EX (33k miles)
post #13 of 32 Old 07-11-2014, 07:37 AM

After dedicating an afternoon (or more) to test driving, negotiating, and completing a pile of paperwork for your shiny new car, the bubble-bursting finance manager gives a compelling pitch for an extended warranty. It is for your peace of mind, right? Well, not really.
The last-ditch effort to sell you a warranty, or various other unnecessary services, is the dealership's final assault on your checkbook before you tuck it securely away and drive off. Sure, the pitch is convincing: Should an expensive repair be necessary after the factory warranty ends, you'd be protected. No one wants a big, financial surprise, nor wishes to be stranded roadside. (Read: "Watch for these dealer sales pitches.")
But breathe deep and think this through. The sale of the warranty is a profit item, with the dealership serving as the middle man. The premise is that the customer will not need repairs in excess of the warranty cost, minus profit to the dealership and the warranty plan provider. Since extended service contract pricing is not regulated, dealers charge whatever the market will bear, and a 50-percent cut for sales commissions is not unusual. By contrast, our past research has shown that only 17 percent of your annual premium for auto insurance goes to commissions and other selling expenses. In other words, an extended warranty is usually not in the customer's interest.
Visit our new car buying guide for quick access to the latest advice, Ratings, road tests, and videos.
If that isn't enough to dissuade you, hear me out. A few years ago, Consumer Reports proved the dubiousness of this pitch by surveying 8,000 owners of five- and six-year-old vehicles that had been covered by extended service plans. Sixty-five percent of those surveyed said they spent significantly more for the contract than they got back in repair-cost savings. Respondents said their extended warranty cost them $1,000 on average while providing an average benefit of $700. That means the average loss was $300. A big reason: 42 percent of extended warranties in our survey were never used, in most cases because the vehicle didn't need repairs or the standard manufacturer's warranty sufficed.
Another reason people were dissatisfied was because the repair was not covered. Clichés about reading the fine print are especially appropriate when talking about extended warranties. The brochure may present the service plan as "comprehensive," but the contract will likely have numerous limitations, such as requiring documented service at in-network shops and covering only certain parts, rather than whole systems.
Rather than invest in an extended warranty, we recommend buying the most reliable car that suits your needs, budget, and taste and taking good care of it. Sometimes, this can mean spending more upfront, but the reward is typically lower ownership costs and even better resale value. But, if you're heart is set on a model known to be unreliable, an extended warranty can provide some protection. Just approach with caution, negotiate the price, and be aware that if you roll the cost into your financing, you'll be paying interest on it for years to come.
See our car buying advice

post #14 of 32 Old 07-11-2014, 07:38 AM
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )

as my buddy chris rock says "insurance is for in case shit happens. if shit doesnt happen, shouldnt i get my money back?"
probably the best insurance quote ever.
both Pair and Freek make good comments...to each their own i guess.
post #15 of 32 Old 07-11-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairallel View Post
It's called exaggeration to make a point. Try focusing on the primary point made - that there are many different factors involved in the decision.

And don't forget the secondary point - it's not polite to hijack threads.
People work hard for their money. I makes me angry to see them throw it away...

Carry on people.

Jay

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.