HELP! low sub aftermarket sub output from stock wiring - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Exclamation HELP! low sub aftermarket sub output from stock wiring

hey guys,

I recently had decided to change up my sound system because the 9th gens renowned weak sound system finally got to me. I have wired and dampened the front doors with Component speakers and GT mat. Today I underwent the process of adding an amp and and new sub. I added the alpine MRV-m500 from the apparent easiness of installation from this thread:

Subwoofer Replaced!

I took the factory input wires, brown and white from the clip and spliced them with RCA wires in order to make them connect to the input for the amp. When I turn on the power, the powered sub is weaker than when I just straight connect the aftermarket sub. The after market sub I have is a Rockford punch 2 p2d2 8 inch. could the problem be the RCA splicing or what else should I do???

thank you in advance

Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justas View Post
hey guys,

I recently had decided to change up my sound system because the 9th gens renowned weak sound system finally got to me. I have wired and dampened the front doors with Component speakers and GT mat. Today I underwent the process of adding an amp and and new sub. I added the alpine MRV-m500 from the apparent easiness of installation from this thread:

Subwoofer Replaced!

I took the factory input wires, brown and white from the clip and spliced them with RCA wires in order to make them connect to the input for the amp. When I turn on the power, the powered sub is weaker than when I just straight connect the aftermarket sub. The after market sub I have is a Rockford punch 2 p2d2 8 inch. could the problem be the RCA splicing or what else should I do???

thank you in advance
1. Is the RCA input marked "Low Level Input" You should be using the Speaker Level Input if you are taking the signal from the stock head unit without an LOC (Line Out Converter). The RCA inputs are for aftermarket decks that have Pre Amp Outputs or factory decks that go thru a DSP/Signal Processor/LOC.

2. Have you adjusted the "Gain" and LPF settings on the Aftermarket amp?

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
The Following User Says Thank You to karfreek For This Useful Post:
Justas (07-01-2014)
post #3 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
1. Is the RCA input marked "Low Level Input"

Jay
Thanks for the reply Jay!

the inputs are not marked as low level, neither in the manual or on the unit. I have adjusted the gain but the power is so incredibly low that it must be something else

post #4 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 12:38 PM

Check my reply above, I added more info.

jay

post #5 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
1. Is the RCA input marked "Low Level Input" You should be using the Speaker Level Input if you are taking the signal from the stock head unit without an LOC (Line Out Converter). The RCA inputs are for aftermarket decks that have Pre Amp Outputs.

Jay
The amp is advertised to have an LOC with it and I do not really know how all that works. The amp is a alpine mrv-m500
post #6 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justas View Post
The amp is advertised to have an LOC with it and I do not really know how all that works. The amp is a alpine mrv-m500
You have to use the 8-pin "Speaker Level Input" harness that should have come with that amp or buy a LOC at wal-mart and use the RCA connections.

Did you buy it from crutchfield?

Jay

The Following User Says Thank You to karfreek For This Useful Post:
Justas (07-01-2014)
post #7 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
You have to use the 8-pin "Speaker Level Input" harness that should have come with that amp or buy a LOC at wal-mart and use the RCA connections.

Did you buy it from crutchfield?

Jay
I have the 8 pin harness, my question now is how would I wire it? seeing there are 8 wires and I only have two, would I just take one channel and wire the positive and negative?
post #8 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 12:56 PM

I would connect it to the front or rear channels and connect the sub to the corrosponding output and see what you get.

Jay

post #9 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
I would connect it to the front or rear channels and connect the sub to the corrosponding output and see what you get.

Jay
I connected one channel and it worked!! the key to this amp is that all the outputs are mono is it won't matter which channel really . Thank you for your help! hopefully this helps someone else out too
post #10 of 10 Old 07-01-2014, 02:36 PM

Good deal! How does it sound? ANC giving you an issue?

Jay

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.