Post your custom interiors - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 31 Old 08-06-2014, 08:41 PM
4th Gear

I finally did it... put black leather with red stitching in my Accord
I'll probably put better pictures up on the weekend, $1500+tax at South Side Trim just south of DFW airport. Not sure how I feel yet... looks a little off since the console is tan...

2013 White Orchid Pearl Accord LX

6k Kensun HID's
exLED DRL Strip 6k
exLED LED Fog Lights 6k
exLED Custom LED Reflector
exLED Custom Interior Kit 5k
Footwell LED's
Katzkin Leather - Black with red stitching
Black Gloss Roof
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 Old 08-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Acoustics BSEE

black and tan works.

nice installs, fellas.

i had a conversation with a Katskin dealer while drinking in a hotel bar. he travels around setting up dealerships with installers to offer customers more options.

he was quoting $800 for full leather upgrade in a sedan. then adding heated and cooled seats was another $700.

i figured that i would wait to see how the cloth held up and upgrade when/if i feel it is wearing.

my custom interior piece is related to the dash
i added a fuse block and distribution behind the dash

i removed the lower pocket and modified it to mount an aftermarket HU

i still have more sanding and painting left.

i also modded the factory pocket cover and will add magnets to let it act as a aftermarket HU cover so prying eyes won't see what's up.

2014 Accord Sport
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Accord EX V6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--
--

post #18 of 31 Old 08-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Corvalis TTX

Nice work. One thought though - the newly added fuse box seems to be located where it will be extraordinarily hard to actually replace a fuse, but maybe it just appears this way in the photo. Looks like you have to remove the entire lower trim piece just to replace a fuse.

post #19 of 31 Old 08-07-2014, 06:06 AM
Acoustics BSEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
Nice work. One thought though - the newly added fuse box seems to be located where it will be extraordinarily hard to actually replace a fuse, but maybe it just appears this way in the photo. Looks like you have to remove the entire lower trim piece just to replace a fuse.

yes, you remove the lower trim/console - which requires pulling the radio out slightly. probably 90 seconds of work, so not a huge deal IMO.

if a fuse pops, that means i have problem that will require inspection of the wiring anyway. connections are soldered. wiring is loomed. wiring protection is as close to stock as possible.

alternate locations for consideration are under the driver's side dash. i considered that as well but this keeps the wiring in one location.

of note also, the fuse box is powered from the battery directly. i only tap the HU 12V ignition wire to power a relay coil. the relay switches the battery constant i ran separate. so everything there is electrically separate from the car's wiring and no load is added to the factory wiring.

2014 Accord Sport

2001 Accord EX V6

--
--

post #20 of 31 Old 08-07-2014, 10:29 AM
JaeDM

I been wanting to add a aftermarket headunit like yours, even tho I prefer a double din. I wouldn't mind a single din flip out monitor tho. How do you go about adding another head unit? Just splice into the factory harness?

2013 Honda Accord Sport 6MT
KTuner (results coming in soon!)
Borla Exhaust 11840
Takeda Intake
OEM Rear Deflector
OEM Si wheels with Hankook I-pikes (winter set up)
Tein Springs (Not Installed)
Sport Grill
Suntek 35% Tint
Boston Acoustic SPG555 Sub woofer
Boston Acoustic GT28 Amp
Husky All-Weather Floor mats
TL Shift Knob
post #21 of 31 Old 08-07-2014, 11:59 AM
4th Gear

Ugh that katzkin looks so good. Anyone know how it holds up to dogs? I'd love to just wipe clean. My stupid 60 dollar Bench seat cover doesn't do it.

2014 Accord Sport Sedan 6MT
White Orchid Pearl

post #22 of 31 Old 08-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Thunder Up!

Awesome custom work on the head unit and all, but wow does it look busy in the middle lol. There's like 4 tiers of stuff! One day Honda needs to have a look inside a Lexus gs350, etc and get a hint. Not much we can do obviously, but just my opinion.

'15 WOP v6 sedan
'17 Lux. XT5 AWD
post #23 of 31 Old 08-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Acoustics BSEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
Awesome custom work on the head unit and all, but wow does it look busy in the middle lol. There's like 4 tiers of stuff! One day Honda needs to have a look inside a Lexus gs350, etc and get a hint. Not much we can do obviously, but just my opinion.
yea, there is a lot of stuff going on.

i made a cover out of the factory pocket door that is held with neo magnets. the cover fits even with the HU faceplate on.

and the illumination matches well - the Alpine is blue with white text on the BioLite display.

2014 Accord Sport

2001 Accord EX V6

--
--

post #24 of 31 Old 08-07-2014, 01:59 PM
JaeDM

So how does it really work? I thought you would use the aftermarket unit but I see in the second pic you got a flash drive in the USB. Can you use both head units?

Borla Exhaust 11840
Takeda Intake
OEM Rear Deflector
Sport Grill
Suntek 35% Tint
Boston Acoustic GT28 Amp
TL Shift Knob
post #25 of 31 Old 08-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losttekniqs View Post
So how does it really work? I thought you would use the aftermarket unit but I see in the second pic you got a flash drive in the USB. Can you use both head units?
I think he uses the stock USB for the Alpines rear USB input.

Also, you read my mind on using the stock door for a cover of the Alpine deck. Reminds me of the 90s when people would recess mount the aftermarket deck and then cut the face off the stock deck and use it as a decoy cover while parked.

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
post #26 of 31 Old 08-07-2014, 02:25 PM
JaeDM

If that was the case it wouldn't show the song info on the Imid?

Borla Exhaust 11840
Takeda Intake
OEM Rear Deflector
Sport Grill
Suntek 35% Tint
Boston Acoustic GT28 Amp
TL Shift Knob
post #27 of 31 Old 08-07-2014, 03:31 PM
top gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
I have the gray interior. Would black katskin with gray stiching match the color scheme? I can swap the knee bolsters and center console out for black, but the issue is the doors.

You mean like this? (see pics). Me and my Katzkin dealer went through all the samples he had and did our best to match the Katzkin leather stitching to the factory "leather" armrest and doors.

It was important to me that the installation look like it came right from the factory.

You be the judge.....

black katzkin leathers with grey stitching. Doors and armrest left "factory"

'14 Accord Sport 6MT w/Leather
'12 Acura MDX Elite
'15 Ford Transit incoming!
The Following User Says Thank You to OneTwo For This Useful Post:
ockevin (08-07-2014)
post #28 of 31 Old 09-01-2016, 05:01 PM
1st Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobaPanda View Post
I'm not sure if you were putting on the Katzkin yourself, but all the dealers I talked to say changing seats includes the center console as well as the side door panels...

I'm thinking of getting a dark color with red stitching
Do all dealers or most dealers do the Katzkin seats or is it only specific ones?
I'm curious what leather scheme will look good with the Metallic gray car that currently has the gray cloth seats?

Leaning towards this:

Style:Combo
Wrap Color:Factory Match BLACK
Accent Color:Barracuda Charcoal (square perforated leather)
Options:Stitching: Red
post #29 of 31 Old 09-01-2016, 05:20 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
Do all dealers or most dealers do the Katzkin seats or is it only specific ones?
I'm curious what leather scheme will look good with the Metallic gray car that currently has the gray cloth seats?
I think most dealers contract it out if they offer it at all. I'm sure there are some interior shops that install Katzkin in your area. I'd look on Yelp or Google to see if you can find some and then email around for quotes.
NowhereMan likes this.

2013 White Orchid Pearl Accord LX

6k Kensun HID's
exLED DRL Strip 6k
exLED LED Fog Lights 6k
exLED Custom LED Reflector
exLED Custom Interior Kit 5k
Footwell LED's
Katzkin Leather - Black with red stitching
Black Gloss Roof
post #30 of 31 Old 09-01-2016, 06:26 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
It was important to me that the installation look like it came right from the factory.

You be the judge.....
Looks better than factory. But I guess that's the point.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.