Classic Soft Trim RED leather seating and trim - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 100 Old 05-27-2014, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
on2
banned

Classic Soft Trim RED leather seating and trim

Many of you asked me about these seats after I posted this car wash teaser picture I took a few days ago.

Well here are some better shots I took today. Please excuse the lack of cleanliness inside and out as well as the wiring inside (it's only temporary).

The leather ordering and installation was done at Classic Soft Trim (CST) in Charlotte, NC. Classic Soft Trim has locations all over. Check their website for locations near you.

I would recommend going to them to check out the color samples as the online pictures do not look the same. You can also take their samples out to your car to decide. Ordering takes about 2-3 business days.

With Classic Soft Trim, installation is included in the price. They mostly do work for dealerships, which is why you usually don't hear about them. They do not market themselves like Katzkin does. With Katzkin, you can DIY to save money. I just wanted it done so I didn't care too much about doing it myself. Usually I would do these things myself, but for this I would rather have a professional do it. And this was mostly just a gift to myself for finishing my first year of pharmacy school.

CST is older than Katzkin. Katzkin has their factory right near the CST factory in California. Both have about the same quality. Both companies offer similar options like color, perforations, piping, contrast stitching, stitched logos (like 'Honda', 'Accord', 'Sport', 'H' Honda logo) on the headrest or upper seatback, etc.

The color and options I have here are Bright Red, black contrast stitching, and center perforations. I realize this color isn't for everyone, but that's the best part. It's a rarity. Anyone can get just about any color. I absolutely love it. It's looks and feels great. The first thing I thought when I sat down was "Wow, these seats are really soft!"

The material is a leather/vinyl mix (Katzkin is the same). 100% leather is available at a higher cost of course. The installation took 2 hours. The armrests are custom. These are not computerized precut pieces like the seats. They ordered extra material and did the work. It looks beautiful.

I did not get the center console because their design has 3 parallel stitches running down the middle which I did not like. I might get the center console done in black with red stitching through Katzkin.

This location does a lot of Accord Sports for the local dealers. This fact made me comfortable since they know the ins and outs of taking the seats apart for this particular model and trim level. The day I brought my car in, they coincidentally had a bunch of other Accord Sports in as well getting more plain black leather installed. Sad fact though is that they cut up and throw away all the factory Sport interiors. This saves them 30 minutes per car. Of course I requested to keep mine, so it took them a little more time.

The wrinkles that you see are from the leather being boxed up and shipped. With time and heat, the wrinkles should loosen up and become flat.

It was recommended that I get any leather conditioner (from my favorite brand, I chose Meguires) from the local auto store and apply it once a month for the best protection and durability over time.

Enough talk, onto the pictures.

Also, thanks to CanadianBacon for the inspiration.

Advertisement

post #2 of 100 Old 05-27-2014, 10:03 PM
5th Gear

Looks nice! You should find someone who car wrap the center silver trim in same red leather, it will make everything flow so well.

post #3 of 100 Old 05-27-2014, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
on2
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex185 View Post
Looks nice! You should find someone who car wrap the center silver trim in same red leather, it will make everything flow so well.
I thought about that. If I were to do it though it'd be black leather with red stitching.

post #4 of 100 Old 05-27-2014, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
on2
banned

Oh and I forgot to add that the door panels have a precut pattern available, but I opted out of it because I do not think it would not look good with half the door panel red.

This is what it looks like with the door panels and center console done.

post #5 of 100 Old 05-28-2014, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

Hi how much is the total cost?is this a genuine leather? Thanks
post #6 of 100 Old 05-28-2014, 04:21 AM
5th Gear

Very nice. I am also looking to go red, but more towards cabernet/crimson.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaidell For This Useful Post:
on2 (05-28-2014)
post #7 of 100 Old 05-28-2014, 04:26 AM
5th Gear

Garage
looks nice.

2015 Accord Sport WOP "The TaunTaun"
DIY LED DRL
Full Audio Upgrade
Zenex HID's 4500k
LED strips in footwells and in trunk
LED's in all light sockets
Chrome Plastidipped Black
Air Box Resonator Delete
The Following User Says Thank You to berrnard For This Useful Post:
on2 (05-28-2014)
post #8 of 100 Old 05-28-2014, 05:11 AM
JZP
Tampa FL

Looks nice; but that is too much red for my personal taste; I like little splashes of red. When I got my leather seats, I though about doing the center part of the seat in red; but opted for black with the red stitching.; now I have to find a way to add the red stitching to the steering wheel, shift boot and shifter.

2014 MSM Accord Sport 6MT, Leather seats with red stitching, tint, all weather floor mats, cargo tray
2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 with Touring package

Previous:
- 2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 (Wife's Car)
- 2006 Accord EX V6 Auto (traded)
- 2008 Blue SUBARU Tribeca
- 1992 Civic hatch w/ B16b and JDM LSD 5MT transmission, 16" volcano wheels, red Recaro racing seats, all JDM interior (too much $$$ now I regret it)
-1988 white Accord DX Coupe 5MT (my very first car)
The Following User Says Thank You to JZP For This Useful Post:
on2 (05-28-2014)
post #9 of 100 Old 05-28-2014, 05:27 AM
4th Gear

The red and black is perfect! Great choice.

The Silver bullet
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthdreams13 For This Useful Post:
on2 (05-28-2014)
post #10 of 100 Old 05-28-2014, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
on2
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc85 View Post
Not genuine leather. Read the original post please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaidell View Post
Very nice. I am also looking to go red, but more towards cabernet/crimson.
That's what I originally wanted; CST has a color called Medium Red that is like Crimson, but when I asked about it, they said it is no longer available. Maybe check with Katzkin to see if they have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrnard View Post
looks nice.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZP View Post
Looks nice; but that is too much red for my personal taste; I like little splashes of red. When I got my leather seats, I though about doing the center part of the seat in red; but opted for black with the red stitching.; now I have to find a way to add the red stitching to the steering wheel, shift boot and shifter.
Let me know if you figure out to stitch the steering wheel. The shift boot and shifter do not look too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthdreams13 View Post
The red and black is perfect! Great choice.
Thank You!
post #11 of 100 Old 05-28-2014, 11:35 AM
5th Gear

Garage
what did all this run you, about?

2015 Accord Sport WOP "The TaunTaun"
DIY LED DRL
Full Audio Upgrade
Zenex HID's 4500k
LED strips in footwells and in trunk
LED's in all light sockets
Chrome Plastidipped Black
Air Box Resonator Delete
post #12 of 100 Old 05-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrnard View Post
what did all this run you, about?

When I bought my car I figured I would go leather and install heated seaths when the cloth started to wear. The problem is after 24,000mi the cloth still looks new...

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
post #13 of 100 Old 05-28-2014, 11:55 AM
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )

looks great!!!
post #14 of 100 Old 05-28-2014, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
on2
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfreek View Post

When I bought my car I figured I would go leather and install heated seaths when the cloth started to wear. The problem is after 24,000mi the cloth still looks new...

Jay
If that's what you are counting on before you get leather, then you'll be waiting forever. My 1990 Accord had over 220,000 miles and the factory cloth held up very very well.

Just get it done. You'll be very satisfied.
post #15 of 100 Old 05-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by on2 View Post
If that's what you are counting on before you get leather, then you'll be waiting forever. My 1990 Accord had over 220,000 miles and the factory cloth held up very very well.

Just get it done. You'll be very satisfied.
Sidestepping the whole cost question, huh?

Yeah... Now I have to figure out what color. I am thinking a deeper grey/black 2-tone. The other issue is getting my son out of the LATCH car seat into a booster. Nothing kills leather like cranking down on the LATCH strap and watching the carseat pull right into the leather...

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.