Hybrid ECO Score - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-11-2014, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Hybrid ECO Score

I think this may be only specific to the Hybrids, but does anyone fully understand the ECO Score that pops up when you shut the car off? The manual shows a picture of it but doesn't go into any detail about it. Just curious.

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L - Modern Steel Metallic - Homelink Hardwire - Hybrid Touring LED Headlights (Gas Sipper)
2008 Subaru STI (Gas Guzzler)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-12-2014, 05:45 AM
5th Gear

No, not really. Mine has slowly improved until now I have all bars and all leafs colored in. I speculate that just driving it for 5000 miles or so does that. (It's on the plug-in as well. No, I haven't been using Econ mode much. Ran it a couple weeks to try it out in the beginning.)

2014 Accord Plug-In Hybrid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

past - 2005 Accord EX-L Navi
post #3 of 10 Old 05-12-2014, 06:01 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEye View Post
I think this may be only specific to the Hybrids, but does anyone fully understand the ECO Score that pops up when you shut the car off? The manual shows a picture of it but doesn't go into any detail about it. Just curious.
I was actually thinking about posting the same question a couple days ago. This is about the most detailed information I could find about how the eco score works.

I just received the trophy for getting all of the lifetime points at about 6600 miles. I know the leaves on the top are the drive cycle score and the three green bars at the bottom are your lifetime points. I'm not sure if you can lose any of the lifetime points, my guess would be, no. Honestly, I really don't pay attention to it when I turn the car off. To me the trip mpg number is going to tell me more than a bunch of blooming leaves.

Has anyone noticed that the eco assist (the green,blue-green,blue bars around the speedometer) became more sensitive as they put more miles on their car? I wonder if this has anything to do with the eco score system. When I first got the car even when I really gunned it, it wouldn't change colors unless you almost floored it. In about the last month I noticed that it turns blue-green, blue if I have to brake hard or if I go over about 6 bars.

Other Cars Owned

1992 Acura Vigor
1991 Acura Legend

post #4 of 10 Old 05-12-2014, 06:07 AM
5th Gear

I'm right at 5,000 miles. That score seems to be at all bars most days now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL_Honda View Post
Has anyone noticed that the eco assist (the green,blue-green,blue bars around the speedometer)
Actually, I've never noticed that. I think there might be something wrong with my car. Never seen the colors change.

2014 Accord Hybrid EX-L in Obsidian Blue Pearl

post #5 of 10 Old 05-12-2014, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL_Honda View Post
I was actually thinking about posting the same question a couple days ago. This is about the most detailed information I could find about how the eco score works.

I just received the trophy for getting all of the lifetime points at about 6600 miles. I know the leaves on the top are the drive cycle score and the three green bars at the bottom are your lifetime points. I'm not sure if you can lose any of the lifetime points, my guess would be, no. Honestly, I really don't pay attention to it when I turn the car off. To me the trip mpg number is going to tell me more than a bunch of blooming leaves.

Has anyone noticed that the eco assist (the green,blue-green,blue bars around the speedometer) became more sensitive as they put more miles on their car? I wonder if this has anything to do with the eco score system. When I first got the car even when I really gunned it, it wouldn't change colors unless you almost floored it. In about the last month I noticed that it turns blue-green, blue if I have to brake hard or if I go over about 6 bars.
Thanks! I was surprised that the manual didn't go over any of it other than a screen shot in the first pages of the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeshifter View Post
I'm right at 5,000 miles. That score seems to be at all bars most days now.
Actually, I've never noticed that. I think there might be something wrong with my car. Never seen the colors change.
There is a setting in your MFD that allows you to enable or disable the bars. Perhaps if it's disabled it stays green?

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L - Modern Steel Metallic - Homelink Hardwire - Hybrid Touring LED Headlights (Gas Sipper)

post #6 of 10 Old 12-08-2014, 07:28 AM
My First Post

How to get 2015 accord hybrid EX-L MPG up?

I just recently purchased a 2015 HONDA Accord EX-L.
But after 3 weeks of driving, I could not get MPG over 41 MPG.
And my Eco Score is low.
Is there any tricks on how to drive this vehicle to its full potential?

Thanks,
K
post #7 of 10 Old 12-08-2014, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohonda View Post
And my Eco Score is low.

Thanks,
K
Where do you live? Is it cold? If so, putting on your heat will run the engine more thus decreasing the MPGs. Just in general the cold weather kills efficiency especially with this hybrid.

I will generally accelerate moderately to get up to cruising speed. 44-45 mph is when the direct drive kicks in, if that suits the speed limit I keep it above that in order for it to switch between EV and direct drive.

Are you driving a lot on the highway? You definitely get less mileage on the highway especially if you're going 70+. Spending more time in the car will teach you how to drive more efficiently. I always have my trip computer turned on on the i-Mid. I also have the drive power screen on the gauge cluster so I know what mode I am in if I am listening to music.

post #8 of 10 Old 12-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Long live the manual

Garage
Hypermilers ....

Quote:
And my Eco Score is low.

Thanks,
K
If you are talking about gas mileage efficiency by Full Potential ....

You could also increase the tire pressure by 5 to 10 PSI which reduces the tires rolling resistance thus increasing gas mileage.

You can follow Semi Trailers Trucks to get in their slip stream cutting down the wind resistance on the highways.

Don't make ANY sudden acceleration attempts. Drive like the car has to last you 45 Years.

Keep the sunroof / windows closed while driving as these when opened cause higher resistance to air flow.

Go on a diet .... lose weight as your cars' engine will be more efficient with you behind the wheel.

Along that same thought if you have ANY thing in the trunk or back seat you forgot about .... Dead Bodies / Heavy Tool Boxes .... get rid of that extra weight.

Map out your route so you will be going downhill most of the time.

Don't ever get in front of me on a 2 lane road !

2014 Honda Accord Coupe V6 EXL 6 speed manual
------------------------------------------------
Horn Upgrade from College Hills
LED Fog Lights
LED Interior Lights
Hidden Hitch
post #9 of 10 Old 12-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
And my Eco Score is low.

Thanks,
K
Now that there be an excellent and effective funny....got 'em all up and workin' on your "problem" now.

2013 MSM V6 Sport Sedan
post #10 of 10 Old 12-26-2014, 03:38 PM
IKR
My First Post

Accord hybrid ex-l Mileage

Quote:
And my Eco Score is low.

Thanks,
K
I am experiencing the same thing. I live in California (so not cold) am driving with an empty car with all windows/moon roof closed, I only weigh 160 lbs, and do not have any climate features on.

I did two test drives around town not exceeding 40 mph. I accelerated and broke very slow, the lines around the speedometer showed green always.

My ecco score was one leaf both times and my mileage is averaging 36.

I am at a loss.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

I
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.