LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-24-2014, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Carbon fiber hood wrap

On a black car

yay or nay?

2013 Accord Touring V6
Full oem body kit + deck lid spoiler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-

Tint and Trailer hitch!
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-24-2014, 07:24 PM
2nd Gear

I was thinking the same thing. Before you do maybe you should comapre the lamin x to the 3M carbon fiber. I would get samples if I were you. Just saying the pattern in the lamin x doesn't look authentic.

2013 EXL Coupe Crystal Black Pearl, Black interior.
20% Tint
Rear Deck Lid Spoiler
Weathertech Mats
3M Clear Bra
post #3 of 14 Old 04-24-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Lamin-x sells 3M di-noc, which is well 3M

2013 Accord Touring V6

-
-
-
-

Tint and Trailer hitch!

post #4 of 14 Old 04-24-2014, 08:19 PM
CVT

depends what you're going to wrap. if you're talking about the chrome bits, then sure. there is someone here who wrapped his chrome pieces carbon fiber.

2013 White Orchid Pearl Accord Sport
35%/30% Llumar Ceramic Tint
Debadged
3M Gloss Black Roof, B Pillars & Random Chrome Bits
19mm TL RSB
Gloss Black Roof Spoiler
ExLed Interior Kit & License Plate Light 5000k
OEM V6 Headlights with 4G TL Retrofit
Full Modulo Replica Lip Kit
VMR 19x9.5 +45 Squared
255/35 Continental DWS06
Tein Street Advance
post #5 of 14 Old 04-24-2014, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

I was thinking about the entire hood

2013 Accord Touring V6

-
-
-
-

Tint and Trailer hitch!
post #6 of 14 Old 04-24-2014, 09:10 PM
1st Gear

I say no....just get a carbon fibre hood.

2013 WOP I4-M6 Touring
post #7 of 14 Old 04-24-2014, 10:04 PM
6th Gear

Poser rice... worse than rice

Sent from my Galaxy S5.

Current:
2014 Accord Touring
White Orchid Pearl
OEM Splash Guards, Sill Plates, Wheel Locks

Past:
2014 Accord EX-L V6
Crystal Black Pearl
OEM Splash Guards, Air Deflector, Sill Plates, Wheel Locks

2013 Altima 2.5 SL
Bought back under lemon law
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nossan For This Useful Post:
Earthdreams13 (04-25-2014), on2 (04-25-2014)
post #8 of 14 Old 04-25-2014, 03:19 AM
5th Gear

Garage
i wouldnt let any "decal" touch my paint, that is essentially what that is.

if i wanted the paint black, i would get it painted. that is my opinion though.

2015 Accord Sport WOP "The TaunTaun"
DIY LED DRL
Full Audio Upgrade
Zenex HID's 4500k
LED strips in footwells and in trunk
LED's in all light sockets
Chrome Plastidipped Black
Air Box Resonator Delete
post #9 of 14 Old 04-25-2014, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusbibicus View Post
I say no....just get a carbon fibre hood.
Are there any options for that? I didn't find any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrnard View Post
if i wanted the paint black, i would get it painted. that is my opinion though.
The car is black, so painting it grayish is not an option I considered . I totally agree as it is poser, but it also gives you protection against chips!

2013 Accord Touring V6

-
-
-
-

Tint and Trailer hitch!
post #10 of 14 Old 04-25-2014, 03:48 AM
5th Gear

Don't rice it out! It will look like a teenagers high school ride

2014 Accord EXL V6 hematite.
Mods: LED's inside and 6000K HID's. Stereo system upgrade. Polk DXI6501 components, Sony sub, Boston Acoustics amp with LC7I
To do: Tints and yellow fog light bulbs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrenchspinner For This Useful Post:
Earthdreams13 (04-25-2014), on2 (04-25-2014)
post #11 of 14 Old 04-25-2014, 04:53 AM
on2
banned

Get a real CF hood (when it becomes available). Don't fake it.
post #12 of 14 Old 04-25-2014, 05:55 AM
6th Gear

^ what he said... when people vinyl their hoods carbon fiber etc it screams. i cant afford a real CF hood so i just put a decal. wait for the real thing. if u want protection. put on a clear bra

Tuned/Flush/Static 8th Gen Coupe (**Tuned by KTuner**)
post #13 of 14 Old 04-25-2014, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

ok well, the guy that just left the 20s in me cries inside but the guy that just hit 30 is pleased with his idea of doing a poll about that.

FINE, I won't do it

Thanks guys

I'll sure get a real one once they are released though

2013 Accord Touring V6

-
-
-
-

Tint and Trailer hitch!
post #14 of 14 Old 04-25-2014, 12:57 PM
2nd Gear

How about people who put carbon fiber wrap on the roof? Is there a real carbon fiber roof replacment? As long as you don't over do it with the wrap it will look nice. And I'm 40+ yrs old. Why spend $600 plus on a real carbon fiber hood. You aren't racing on a track are you. Where you need to lighten the car. It's what you like.

How about the people who do their cars all black. Black car, dark tint, black wheels and then plasti dip all the chrome black. I seen very view cars done like that where it actually looks good. Then again it's what they like. You may not agree with that combination of all black, but it's what the owner likes.

2013 EXL Coupe Crystal Black Pearl, Black interior.
20% Tint
Rear Deck Lid Spoiler
Weathertech Mats
3M Clear Bra
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.