Calling Accord Champagne Frost Pearl - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
4Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Calling Accord Champagne Frost Pearl

Hi Mates,

It seems like I am the only odd ball here bought the Champagne Frost Pearl.

Many others bought M. Steel, White and Black.

Is this color that unpopular?

I owned numerous colors of cars for the past 15 years : white, red, dark grey, light gold.

The main reason I opt for champagne frost : it is the best color stand against dust and dirt than any other colors.

Dark color looks great when new and clean, but need lot of clean and maintenance to keep his best look, showing dust and dirt pretty obviously.

Calling any champagne frost owner here?

Guys,

Please post your champagne frost here, let us have a great look at your beauty.

benjaminh likes this.
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 06:35 PM
4th Gear

The color is pretty, IMO. But I think it suits more for ladies...

post #3 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 06:43 PM
4th Gear

Champagne frost is a color, which on the Accord, looks very elegant. Enjoy your car. It's a beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkyong1 View Post
Hi Mates,

I owned numerous colors of cars for the past 15 years : white, red, dark grey, light gold.

The main reason I opt for champagne frost : it is the best color stand against dust and dirt than any other colors.

Dark color looks great when new and clean, but need lot of clean and maintenance to keep his best look, showing dust and dirt pretty obviously.

post #4 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 07:14 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Hi Mates,

I am a man and I have champagne frost. I happen to like it a lot! I washed it yesterday and it looks very nice. Almost soft to the touch. LOL. I notice sometimes in different light it has different characteristics. The blue tint in the lamps (hybrid) looks good with it. Since mine is a Hybrid and has the painted black wheels with the polished twisted spokes the spokes seem to sometimes pickup the color of the car from reflection and it just looks perfect to me.

I notice in my garage at work there is no other color like it either. I like that part the best. I've had numerous people compliment the color.

It does conceal the dirt. But I am no expert in that as I wash my car all the time!

2014 Hybrid Accord Touring -- Champagne Frost
post #5 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 07:22 PM
6th Gear

I like the Champagne Frost. I might have chosen it, but my wife was dead set on having white. She has since said that maybe she should have chosen another less popular color in order to be able to spot her car in the parking lot.

I am not sure where these people are coming up with all of these colors being effeminate. To me pink is effeminate. I would probably have trouble driving a pink vehicle. I had a Champagne colored Nissan 280Z in 1979 and no one ever told me it looked effeminate. Enjoy your car and don't worry what others say about it.

2014 i4 EX sedan WOP
Dual exhaust, painted splash guards,
gloss black "B" pillar trim, wood dash trim,
bumper reflector panel, HomeLink,
horn update, 17" Honda accessory wheels
leather shift knob, door sill trim, Xpel clear bra
Dashmat, WeatherTech window visors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Guys,

The Following User Says Thank You to tkyong1 For This Useful Post:
4DaFans (03-25-2014)
post #7 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 07:36 PM
1st Gear

I would have seriously considered that color had it been offered on the Coupe.

2014 Accord Coupe EX-L V6, auto
1994 Accord Wagon LX I4, manual
Former: 1996 Accord Coupe EX I4, manual
Former: 1998 Accord Coupe EX V6, auto
Former: 1990 Legend Coupe L, auto
post #8 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 07:54 PM
5th Gear

It does conceal dirt and looks clean even though it went through a light shower. Light showers tend to turn cars into dirt and dust magnets.

It doesn't stand out like white/black/darker colors/ it blends in like mainstream silver even though it is quite a rare color on the road.

I wonder if it's just me but when I see a champagne colored car it does not immediately catch my eye.

Color is a preference and everyone's different. Feel special I believe of the Accords sold champagne is among the least sold. Enjoy your unique car.

2013 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Champagne Frost Pearl/Ivory
2000 Lexus RX300
Retired
1999 Avalon XLS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerophile For This Useful Post:
okiescot (03-25-2014), tkyong1 (03-24-2014)
post #9 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 08:19 PM
2nd Gear

I intended to get the Orchid White went I went shopping. But I just can't stand pearlescent colors, even as subtle as the Orchid White, which isn't as bad as some of the other makes' pearlescent whites. If the Accord had a boring creamy non metallic white, I'd have bought that in a heartbeat. Champagne for me.

2013 Accord Sport - 2007 Civic EX - 2003 Tacoma - 1966 GT-350 Mustang - 1966 Mustang Convertible
The Following User Says Thank You to sfm6s524 For This Useful Post:
tkyong1 (03-24-2014)
post #10 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Austin, TX

Same for me. I love the color on my 2013 EX-L. Most of the ones I've seen in Austin are the dark gray, which would be my second choice. But the champagne is definitely my preference.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviationguy For This Useful Post:
tkyong1 (03-24-2014)
post #11 of 61 Old 03-24-2014, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I also saw lot of dark grey (Modern Steel) in my town.

Seldom see champagne frost.

My experience with dark grey car was after couple of years, the color starts to fade and the resistance to dust and dirt is poor. Especially after shower rain, the car will be covered by a layer of yellowish dust. No matter how often i clean, it shows dust pretty obvious.
post #12 of 61 Old 03-25-2014, 12:05 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Guys,

What is the black thing at the bottom of the driver door? Bump protector? If so, which one?
post #13 of 61 Old 03-25-2014, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Hi will,

You are right, it's bump protector.

I found it so ugly, removed it after getting my car.
post #14 of 61 Old 03-25-2014, 05:43 AM
Four Doors/Three Pedals

Quote:

You are right, it's bump protector.
I've never seen one of those, even after having walked the entire dealer lot several times checking out cars before my Accord finally arrived.

I was also going to say that you shouldn't worry about what the consensus is on the color of your car, as long as you're happy with it.

Champagne isn't my favorite color, but I wouldn't be ashamed to drive a car that color.

MSM isn't my favorite color, either, but that's what I got because I insisted on a stick and that's the color Accord with a stick that the dealer found first. It doesn't bother me, mainly because it is a neutral color and it doesn't show dirt as much as some other colors.

In fact, Honda Accord doesn't come in any ugly colors.

2013 Honda Accord EX 2.4L 6MT MSM
OEM Splash Guards
OEM Door Visors
OEM Moonroof Visor
FormFit Hood Air Deflector
Horn Upgrade
Pilot Genuine Black Leather Steering Wheel Cover
K&N 33-2498
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus
--
├┼┼╕
246R
The Following User Says Thank You to GradyPhilpott For This Useful Post:
okiescot (03-25-2014)
post #15 of 61 Old 03-25-2014, 06:00 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Hi Mates,

Lets get a few things straight. There are a bunch of oddballs here (myself included). The most unpopular color seems to be the Hematite which is what I wanted initially (say oddball) but the dealer wait time was too far out. However, my MSM is distinguishable from the others because it's always clean and shining (say OCD). My last vehicle color was called Desert Champagne and I truly enjoyed it primarily because it was almost impossible to detect the dust and dirt. BTW, congrats on the new car. You made a good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiescot View Post
I am not sure where these people are coming up with all of these colors being effeminate. To me pink is effeminate. I would probably have trouble driving a pink vehicle.
I used to think pink was a feminine color. However, my mother is a breast cancer survivor and I will wear pink on various occasions (whenever I feel like it) in honor and support of all women. I'd drive a pink Lambo any day of the week.

'14 BRP EXL I4 Sedan
'15 NGP ES 350 V6 Sedan
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.