Experience with Viper 4204V Remote Start with FlashLogic FLCAN bypass module? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-16-2014, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
2013 Accord Sport CVTAuto

Experience with Viper 4204V Remote Start with FlashLogic FLCAN bypass module?

Hello, I recently had the Viper 4204V remote start installed in my 4 dr 2013 Honda Accord Sport. Bought and install from Best Buy, and before everyone hates on Best Buy install tech's this tech had installed an Infinity Basslink in my car once, and did fine, so I figured I could trust him.

So, anyhow, after installation, the remote start worked fine, but over the next day a few times when remote starting, I could hear a louder, weird noise that wasn't "grinding" per say, but it was sort of metallic sounding. Then, the remote start would shut the car off, then try to restart, but the engine wouldn't turn over. I thought I'd give it a few more days, but the next day during a bit of a snow/ice storm (6 inches is a lot of the South, I'm in NC) when it took me 5 hours in the car to get to somewhere where I could urinate, when I got back to the car the battery was dead (I had tried to jump it the night before and it didn't work, turns out it's because we didn't let the battery charge up for about 5 mins). After getting towed to the dealership where I bought the car (and a $200 fee), the dealership's computers said my battery, starter and alternator were all fine. Being that it was Valentine's Day and I had plans, I asked the install tech at Best Buy to disable the remote start (he unplugged 4 fuses) and the car has worked fine since then. I do know that when I brought it back, the tech changed a couple settings, one of those being something about "Virtual Tach" which he tells me uses the car's computer to tell the remote start whether or not the car is started or not, vs. some other way.

Either way, all I know is that when I had the remote start installed on 2/10, and had it disabled on 2/14 and my car hasn't had any problems starting since it was disabled. Can ANYONE help or shed some light on this? I'm fine to return the remote start to Best Buy, but damn, I'd rather have it just work. I can't be the only one to try to get this system installed on my 13 Accord Sport.

Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Out of Control

Experience with Viper 4204V Remote Start with FlashLogic FLCAN bypass module?

The remote start module maybe over starting the car. So you hear that grinding noise. The starter relay maybe set for 3 seconds. I guess that's the average start time for cars.

Sent from

2013 Accord Coupe EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

25.4MM TLX RSB
5K 35W TRS HID
Roof Spoiler
5% Tint, 50% Windshield
Takeda SRI
H&R Springs
Single to Dual Magnaflows, Axle-Back:
(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
V6 Headlight (LED DRL Strip):
(
)

Gentex Auto-Dimming w/ Homelink (DIY):
(
)
Cabin Air Filter (DIY):
(
)
Viper Remote Start for Push-To-Start (DIY)
(
)
post #3 of 4 Old 02-16-2014, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
2013 Accord Sport CVTAuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOKhanhOo View Post
The remote start module maybe over starting the car. So you hear that grinding noise. The starter relay maybe set for 3 seconds. I guess that's the average start time for cars.

Sent from
Hey, thanks for your response. It wasn't overstarting it, because it wasn't "grinding", just a bit metallic. That stopped after he changed the setting to "Virtual Tach" though, so the remote starter was using the car's computer to let it know if it was on. I'm just worried that something is draining the battery, which is why my battery died. However, when I went to Advance Auto, it passed the drain test...plus the install tech measured the battery with a voltmeter and there was nothing drawing from it. So either my battery was dead and it was a complete coincidence, or it's something else. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

post #4 of 4 Old 02-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by walstylez View Post
Hey, thanks for your response. It wasn't overstarting it, because it wasn't "grinding", just a bit metallic. That stopped after he changed the setting to "Virtual Tach" though, so the remote starter was using the car's computer to let it know if it was on. I'm just worried that something is draining the battery, which is why my battery died. However, when I went to Advance Auto, it passed the drain test...plus the install tech measured the battery with a voltmeter and there was nothing drawing from it. So either my battery was dead and it was a complete coincidence, or it's something else. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!
im not really sure...

2013 Accord Coupe EX

25.4MM TLX RSB
5K 35W TRS HID
Roof Spoiler
5% Tint, 50% Windshield
Takeda SRI
H&R Springs
Single to Dual Magnaflows, Axle-Back:
(
)
V6 Headlight (LED DRL Strip):
(
)

Gentex Auto-Dimming w/ Homelink (DIY):
(
)
Cabin Air Filter (DIY):
(
)
Viper Remote Start for Push-To-Start (DIY)
(
)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.