Accord V6 vs Honda Genesis Coupe, Scion Tc, FRS, and VW GTI - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Accord V6 vs Honda Genesis Coupe, Scion Tc, FRS, and VW GTI

Just wondering if I made the right choice. I like my new accord, but not yet "In love" with it. I remember really loving my 2006 Acura RSX when I first got it (right amount of power, fun, practicality and MPG), and just feeling like the Accord is more an A to B type of vehicle. The RSX was totaled unexpectedly and I put lots of time and effort into aftermarket getting things just right on it. I was forced into scrambling to find a car to replace it.

Other cars I was evaluating:
Genesis Coupe 2.0T fairly impressed with the RWD and value (although turbo lag was bad and expensive to insure), didn't like Driver's seating position too much, rear seats were not very useful. Tunability much higher than the Accord
Scion TC loved the practicality but also expensive to insure, driving handling was decent not anything special
Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ Not expensive to insure, useless rear seats, but otherwise amazing car (not as fast as the Accord V6 though)
VW GTI loved practicality but didn't want the outgoing model and wasn't feeling the styling (new generation model comes Spring). Didn't get to drive the DSG tranny, also less perceived reliability. Tunability much higher than the Accord
Infinity G37 Would have to buy a pre-owned 2010 and couldn't find any that weren't in mint condition. And trunk was almost useless.
Jeep Compass CUV I know a different class, I have rented this vehicle, and could of got a loaded 4x4 at a great price, but Jeep may ax this model/platform. Also handling had quite a bit of body roll.

Things I don't like about the accord:
City MPG not that great
Handling could be better (always feel front heavy and not especially coupe like). Vague steering feel and not a corner carver
-Mediocre sound system and clumbsy Nav interface

Anyone else had these feeling or evaluating similar cars?

2013 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 w/ Nav Modern Steel Metallic
Previous: 2006 Acura RSX
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 07:19 PM
4th Gear

If I were to do it again I would have gone with the Genesis Coupe or the GTI.

post #3 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 07:26 PM
hot garbage

me, maybe the GTI, but their reputation for reliability and electrical issues would always be in the back of my mind.

post #4 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 07:26 PM
4th Gear

Buyer's remorse. It will always happen. Genesis or G37 is hands down better than others (IMO). I loved my G, but needed the extra space. RWD and the top end were awesome.

Take solace knowing you have a safe, reliable vehicle that is still fairly quick. It is not a sports car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- MSM/Black
Tint || HIDs || LED Kit || Spoiler || 19" TSW Spa

Previous:
2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 w/ Navigation (Totaled 11/7/2013)
2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Journey Sport/Premium/Navigation
2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S
post #5 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

The Gen Coupe having that 10 year warranty was definitely nice peace of mind thing. But me being a somewhat tall driver found the head room barely sufficient.
I didn't have the buyers remorse with the Acura, but it was definitely a step up from the high mileage car I was getting out of.

They say that the EX-L V6 Coupe gets 5.4 0-60 and 13.9 1/4 mile which would make it very close to the 335i and G37 but it's really a GT Crossover car and the handling I really enjoyed before is not there.

2013 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 w/ Nav Modern Steel Metallic
Previous: 2006 Acura RSX
post #6 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 08:03 PM
5th Gear

None of those impress me. GTI is an old underpowered engine, even with a tune it's still slower than the V6 accord. Genesis coupe - I'd rather just get a V6 mustang. Scion TC is not even in the same league as any of these cars.

The only car I still linger for is the Genesis Sedan (totally different than the coupe). The V6 edition will run neck and neck with an Accord V6 and is far more luxurious in terms of ride quality and comfort. The 5.0 absolutely frys it.
post #7 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 PM
4th Gear

If I was to redo this now, I might actually have waited for the upcoming 2015 Genesis sedan, but I am in a slightly different mindset from when I first bought my Accord in May.

For me, I've learned to really love the Accord more and more each day over time. In the beginning, the gas mileage wasn't great, there was some creaking/rattling in the front and back, the steering wheel made a funny noise when turned, the transmission did a lot of gear hunting - overall, it seemed like sort of a wild ride, with glimpses of composure. Now at over 9,600 miles, the car has really broken itself in; every nitpick I had has either subsided or completely disappeared. The styling has really grown on me to the point where sometimes I can't stop staring at it - even well after I have parked and turned off the ignition to admire from a few steps away.

It still has some quirks to it, but it is definitely a car that I love and respect - especially after seeing some pretty horrific pictures of (and even in real life) accidents that people simply walk away from.

Give it some time to let the feelings sink in. There's a reason why you chose this car over others in the first place.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan ASM - Naomi
RV6 PCDs | HID Retrofit: Custom 4G Acura TL "Mini H1/Bi-Xenon" Projectors - TSX-R Clear Lens - Denso Slim D2S - Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI 5000K | Acura TLX V6 25.4 mm RSB | Husky WeatherBeater | Cargo Hooks | Horn Upgrade | Full Interior LEDs | Debaged
post #8 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 08:22 PM
3rd Gear

My just trade my GTI for the Accord cause i need a bigger car. (GTI was 2 doors). I'm gonna tell you something, is the best bang for your $$$ hands down. I had the GTI for 3 years and NEVER HAD any problem. I spend $600 in a ECU flash and that thing was a little rocket... from 200hp / 207tq to 269hp / 285tq. It was fun to drive... Buy now my priorities are different. All i can say is that i miss my GTI.

Here some pictures:

2014 Honda Accord Sport CVT
White Orchid Pearl
3M Color Stable 35% all around
Front grill stripes wraps in Matte Black
post #9 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 08:32 PM
4th Gear

I personally have no regrets on my purchase, if the accord had awd it would be perfect. I actually have a subaru brz for summer, just a little fun car. The only thing is i wouldn't ever drive it in the winter as where I we get large snowfalls. At the end of the day the accord is a more comfortable car and my brz is just a fun car I take out on the weekends when its warm.
My Brz at the dealership before I took delivery of it
Attached Images
post #10 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 08:40 PM
3rd Gear

The GTI makes donuts around the BRZ or FR-S dude! They are slooooooow!

2014 Honda Accord Sport CVT
White Orchid Pearl
3M Color Stable 35% all around
Front grill stripes wraps in Matte Black
post #11 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHill View Post
ahah I agree with you but I have had a lot of fun in that car. Plus for what it is its great.
post #12 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 09:10 PM
3rd Gear

The only other car I looked at besides my EX-L Coupe V6 X nav was the BRZ/FRS. Since I'm 33 and single I felt I would only attract high school girls are young asian girls. So, I passed on the BRZ/FRS.
post #13 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 09:49 PM
CVT

HONDA genesis coupe?

2013 White Orchid Pearl Accord Sport
35%/30% Llumar Ceramic Tint
Debadged
3M Gloss Black Roof, B Pillars & Random Chrome Bits
19mm TL RSB
Gloss Black Roof Spoiler
ExLed Interior Kit & License Plate Light 5000k
OEM V6 Headlights with 4G TL Retrofit
Full Modulo Replica Lip Kit
VMR 19x9.5 +45 Squared
255/35 Continental DWS06
Tein Street Advance
post #14 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Don't hate on my color!!

The Jeep and the FR-S/BR-Z have posted poor reliability scores. The tC looks weird, the GTI is an old design and expensive maintenance/reliability issues. The Genesis I don't see many of, but Hyundai resale value sucks. The Infiniti is a douche-mobile lol sorry

I'd choose the Accord coupe (especially a V6) over any of these.

-Paul

PRESENT: 2014 Champagne Frost EX-L V-6 sedan

OEM remote start/ OEM Acura TSX cargo organizer/
OEM trunk mat/ OEM all-weather floor mats/ horn upgrade/ 3M clear-bra protector/ 35% Carbon XP tint

PAST: 2013 Obsidian Blue EX-L sedan
post #15 of 49 Old 12-05-2013, 11:07 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHill View Post
When it comes to small compact sports cars I'll take a RWD over a FWD any day of the week.

You will be able to push it further and harder in the long run.

2015 CGP EX-L Hybrid
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.